Yellow | Mr. Welch and Mr. Rogers: Engage and succeed or status quo and fail. It's your choice

I heard enough of Mr Rodgers BS when he was with Holland.
I have been I n Holland meetings with Jeff rogers he knows a little about eastern region freight,Chicago,Detroit...etc.but he knows very little about western and southern region freight flow and didn't really care at Holland so good luck yrc!

Nope..not kidding.I don't know what you know about Mr.Welch.I know he is a thorough executive.had our previous boss had listened to his advice.we wouldn't be belly aching about this and that.

As long as YRC management fails to create an environment for the creative synergies of all of its employees to reform the company from within, it is doomed to fail. With the debt load it has acquired, YRC must operate significantly better than its competitors. YRC must genuinely listen to its experienced employees’ operational needs to succeed.

Many of YRC employees have left, by choice, to work for its competitors. And they have indicated that YRC’s competitors operate more efficiently than YRC. Our competitors listen to their employees and discern their needs from their wants and implement cost-saving synergy needs and make a profit doing so.

YRC engage your most valuable assets (your experienced employees) before it is to late.

Engage (listen) and succeed or status quo (continue trying to reform from without instead of from within) and fail.

EEFB Model (Engagement Through Education in the Fundamentals of Business (EEFB).

"I know the former Roadway people have heard this term. Although most of us thought it was a good idea, allowing people closest to the task, help develop and implement ways to improve the process.
We were disappointed that the process was slow in coming and didn’t go as far as we would have liked.
I would like to know if any of the Terminals with former Roadway Terminal Managers still in charge are adhering to the EEFB model.
I know for a fact that here in Columbus with a Yellow Heritage TM we have half the employees that were empowered with Roadway and half the employees that weren’t allowed to think for themselves.
From what I have seen so far, communication from the TM to the employees is very little if not totally nonexistent. One would think it would be easier to give the ability to 50% of the employees to become empowered if they choose too than 100%. It is much easier to be told what to do! But it is more fulfilling to help develop and implement a successful process."

I posted this in March of 2009. Things have not changed with our TM. He has gone as far as to say "EEFB is a lazy supervisor." To date without EEFB locally we have lost half our board due to the recent COO. Our TM is still in charge.

I know of many YRCF employees that can and do think for themselves every day. Do to the management style at YRCF they did not want or need your input or suggestions.
Yellow is gone along with RDWY the names are worth nothing! Get over it
The only "Heritage " left are those that retired before this mess . Heritage pension checks......

Cab Lizzard, I said the Yellow employees were not allowed to think for themselves not weren't capable . They are fine. And it is the management style I'm talking about. Not the employees.

Right, Right and couldn't be more RIGHT

"....allowing people closest to the task, help develop and implement ways to improve the process...."

M16, you're right. Nice job. That is the only practical and reasonable approach to saving our company and our jobs...get everyone actively (and pro-actively) involved. We all have a vested interest in YRC but are treated as fully-depreciated assets not as appreciated ones. Only we, who have the practical experience in our jobs, know how to cost-effectively streamline them to cooperatively and collectively add $$$$$millions to the bottom line.

And to the TM who said, "EEFB is (for) a lazy supervisor."

It is the lazy manager who is afraid to change and accept advice from the experts who do the job every day. This pervasive corporate paradigm needs to change very soon before we lose everything.

"....allowing people closest to the task, help develop and implement ways to improve the process...."

M16, you're right. Nice job. That is the only practical and reasonable approach to saving our company and our jobs...get everyone actively (and pro-actively) involved. We all have a vested interest in YRC but are treated as fully-depreciated assets not as appreciated ones. Only we, who have the practical experience in our jobs, know how to cost-effectively streamline them to cooperatively and collectively add $$$$$millions to the bottom line.

And to the TM who said, "EEFB is (for) a lazy supervisor."

It is the lazy manager who is afraid to change and accept advice from the experts who do the job every day. This pervasive corporate paradigm needs to change very soon before we lose everything.

its already too late.

I am a ROADTEAM member who left a Roadway terminal. Now Yellow mgmt. runs it NO SMITH SYSTEM, KIP, HAZ MAT training at all COMP (through the roof)! THAT is what will KILL us!!!!! Yet 2 terminal s around us (ROADWAY) mgmt Preach and encourage and continue to train! There is a Serious Problem somewhere in Mgmt!

I know James Welch.you are so far from the truth.as for happy jack Rogers.I don't know him.Mr.Welch will never have to work a day in his life.after selling Dynamex.he opted to come to YRCW.he didn't have to.I probably wouldn't have.so with that being said.I don't think James Welch is here to make life miserable for all us.he is genuinely engaged in this company.you couldn't ask for a better person to be in his position.he doesn't care if we are union or non union.just make us some money.be productive.quit complaining.God Bless
Well thank you Mr. Welch,please move to the left A little as I'd like to kiss your whole -ss!!!! If this guy is so d-mn rich and so worried about our old teamster -sses,then why is he taking A salary and stock options???? There is no way in h-ll you are A teamster!!! Be productive,quit complaining,give us another 10% as the board of directors needs A raise!!! It makes no difference how hard you work,these morons like Welch would'nt know one end of A pup from another!!! Just shut up and be glad you have A job!!!!!

I am a ROADTEAM member who left a Roadway terminal. Now Yellow mgmt. runs it NO SMITH SYSTEM, KIP, HAZ MAT training at all COMP (through the roof)! THAT is what will KILL us!!!!! Yet 2 terminal s around us (ROADWAY) mgmt Preach and encourage and continue to train! There is a Serious Problem somewhere in Mgmt!

Go back to the Roadway terminal. LOL.

I would argue with you unionjoe.you know what you know and I.know what I know..again.I wont participate in any arguement with you.

I would argue with you unionjoe.you know what you know and I.know what I know..again.I wont participate in any arguement with you.
You don't have an argument is why! I've met Jim Welch A couple different times, decent guy,but as I said earlier...this guy isn't here for his health,he's here for A paycheck!!!!

You don't know much unionjoe.after Mr.Welch sold his sucessful trucking company..by the way he didn't have to come here.he couldve live his life without ever working again.he is truly blessed.we ought to be thankful.that he even considered coming back