Yellow | Mr. Welch and Mr. Rogers: Engage and succeed or status quo and fail. It's your choice

Let me give you a bit if insight Bootleg707.
Their were many programs with fancy names at the old YF. Most were started and ended before the ink was dry on the notice of the said program.
I worked for 4 union carriers over the years and never saw as many people get hurt or pretend to be hurt as I saw at this company.
I am a ROADTEAM member who left a Roadway terminal. Now Yellow mgmt. runs it NO SMITH SYSTEM, KIP, HAZ MAT training at all COMP (through the roof)! THAT is what will KILL us!!!!! Yet 2 terminal s around us (ROADWAY) mgmt Preach and encourage and continue to train! There is a Serious Problem somewhere in Mgmt!

Let me give you a bit if insight Bootleg707.
Their were many programs with fancy names at the old YF. Most were started and ended before the ink was dry on the notice of the said program.
I worked for 4 union carriers over the years and never saw as many people get hurt or pretend to be hurt as I saw at this company.

The half hour a month that used to be paid to drivers to attend saftey meetings really were beneficial to the company. Drivers hated going to them before or after a trip,but a lot of information was shared about new equipment,new routes,new policies,changes in equipment maintaince,bids and a lot of other info such as how to handle dollies in terminals that were closed in the middle of the night. Even though drivers hated to go to these meetings and thought they were a waste of time,much of what went on at these meetings were helpful at times.
These meetings and policies did have an impact on saftey and on the job injuries,but I think the single thing that has the most to do with injuries and comp claims is morale. A driver that goes to work with a good attitude and knows he has to drive 8 or 10 hours and get from point A to point B is more likely to do it safely and keep his mind on his job instead of thinking of how he`ll get back at his dispatcher or the company. I worked at 2 different facilities,one had no saftey program and treated the drivers like crap and out of 200 drivers we had nearly 50 drivers on comp at one time. Those who worked out of that terminal will know which one I`m referring to back in the late 70s.How many were actually injured is anyone`s guess. I worked at another facility that had meetings,treated the drivers fairly and had 3 people on comp out of 350 drivers. The morale in that facility was good. That`s got to tell you something.

Tells me that the company needs to severly punish those collecting comp that are still boating on the weekends. When someone gets hurts the first thing that should come to mind is how to get them better not whether they are faking it. Fraud has caused the problem and now the company has no choice but to treat everyone the same. We have safety meetings and people do what they do safe or unsafe regardless. How do your managers enforce safety? How do you want them to do it?

As far as the EEFB goes, Stull was our president when that was rolled out, union and management both attended meetings with the corporate officers. He got fired after the merge pretty much due to his belief in the EEFB. I have no idea where Welch stands on this issue, but if he came back to save the company then maybe he will have an audience that listens this time....enough of us on here, would you contribute?

You don't know much unionjoe.after Mr.Welch sold his sucessful trucking company..by the way he didn't have to come here.he couldve live his life without ever working again.he is truly blessed.we ought to be thankful.that he even considered coming back

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you serious,he is blessed,with what gob's of money.

This article I found say's nothing of him owning Dynamex,just collected a check there.

In November 2008, Welch was named president and CEO of Dynamex, which specializes in expedited transportation services. After Dynamex was acquired in February by Canadian transport firm Transforce Inc. for $248 million, Welch was named the new company's CEO. Prior to joining Dynamex, Welch served as interim CEO of automotive transportation concern JHT Holdings Inc. and as an independent consultant

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't know much unionjoe.after Mr.Welch sold his sucessful trucking company..by the way he didn't have to come here.he couldve live his life without ever working again.he is truly blessed.we ought to be thankful.that he even considered coming back
Please explain why this guy's here then,is it because he wants to see you succeed,the company?? If his trucking company was so successful then why did he sell it??? If it's for the money and retirement I would understand, if not then why not just run your great truckline and be successful??? You seem as though you know this guy on A personal level,if that's the case please explain in lamens terms so that buffoons like myself can understand why A great ,blessed ,successful trucking company owner would sell out and come run this broke down pos! I'm sure your right bigtruk,he's not here for the money!!! I'm sorry Mr. Welch can you ever forgive me? If not here's another five % and please take A week of vacation back,is there anything else we can do to make your stay with us more comfortable???

Please explain why this guy's here then,is it because he wants to see you succeed,the company?? If his trucking company was so successful then why did he sell it??? If it's for the money and retirement I would understand, if not then why not just run your great truckline and be successful??? You seem as though you know this guy on A personal level,if that's the case please explain in lamens terms so that buffoons like myself can understand why A great ,blessed ,successful trucking company owner would sell out and come run this broke down pos! I'm sure your right bigtruk,he's not here for the money!!! I'm sorry Mr. Welch can you ever forgive me? If not here's another five % and please take A week of vacation back,is there anything else we can do to make your stay with us more comfortable???

I can only speak for myself and maybe a few, that were extremely optimistic that
Welsh has good intentions on "draining the water out of this sinking vessel. If you
caught his interview on the company web site called "Meet Mr Welsh", (or some
thing to that affect) without knowing him on a personal level he said he kinda grew
up a Yellow (before Yrc came to be). His dad was a driver there. So some of us fill
he is sincere about having love of former Yellow and right the mis-dealings of Z-Bill
and cronies toward YRCF. Just my 2cents SWI

Exactly..thanks for helping me out.geez..these people are so cynical.I believe our union helped draw him back.I would've voted for that recruitment effort.

Anytime brother,yes I here ya. It probably took the departing of Z-bill to get him back
or the Teamsters. What ever drew him back its good for YRCF.

RexRyan,

You’re right. When you said,

“As far as the EEFB goes, Stull was our president when that was rolled out, union and management both attended meetings with the corporate officers. He got fired after the merge pretty much due to his belief in the EEFB. I have no idea where Welch stands on this issue, but if he came back to save the company then maybe he will have an audience that listens this time....enough of us on here, would you contribute?”

Mr. Stull was creating a workplace environment conducive to optimal employee engagement through which experienced employees (experts) in each work group collaborated to create a very efficient, very profitable, very cooperatively synergized company…where our combined and cooperative efforts produce greater results than the sum of the individual employees engaged.

at 1 time we had only a couple dock supers at 120 stroudsburg. the teamsters ran all the stack areas.
seemed to work just fine with no baby sitters sucking the $ out of the company.

RexRyan,

You’re right. When you said,

“As far as the EEFB goes, Stull was our president when that was rolled out, union and management both attended meetings with the corporate officers. He got fired after the merge pretty much due to his belief in the EEFB. I have no idea where Welch stands on this issue, but if he came back to save the company then maybe he will have an audience that listens this time....enough of us on here, would you contribute?”

Mr. Stull was creating a workplace environment conducive to optimal employee engagement through which experienced employees (experts) in each work group collaborated to create a very efficient, very profitable, very cooperatively synergized company…where our combined and cooperative efforts produce greater results than the sum of the individual employees engaged.
YRC needs freight. and alot of it. if that dont happen, tits up.

We need to make money on the freight we have, if we don't increase yield it won't matter how many shipments we haul.

How and the hell do you sell something you do NOT own???

How and the hell do you sell something you do NOT own???

It's done all the time. That's what short selling is on the stock market. You're selling stock you don't own on the expectation that the price will go down so that when you have to produce the sold stock, you will be able to buy it for less than you sold it for.

It's also somewhat like a futures contract, like when a farmer sells his crop at an agreed upon price even before he plants it.

The only way out of this mess!!!!!

YRC needs freight. and alot of it. if that dont happen, tits up.

REVENUE (lots of freight) + LOWER EXPENSES (the best efficiency and the best cost-effectiveness) = PROFIT (THE ONLY WAY)

A lot of freight benefits the revenue side of the equation and efficiency and cost-effectiveness benefits the expense side of the equation.

So lots of freight with the best efficiency and the best cost-effectiveness is the only way to service the massive debt requirements and regain profitability.

And when every employee is engaged (EEFB) is the only way we are going to save YRC and our jobs.