Yellow | Mt Vernon, Ny Terminal Really Sucks

It's like fighting 800-pound8 gorilla. For instance:i the local let YRC hire class b drivers and one came up from the dock. But as I understood, class b drivers would not be the same as the class A drivers since this job had always been a class A job. They would be considered 2nd tear drivers and should not be allowed on any bid. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Their breaking all the rules and everything we have accomplished throughoutt the years is being erased, thanks to our own local. Another thing is that you get a junior driver(last on the list) walking left and right. He gets forced into the dock( 1 am shift) suddenly were not slow anymore and he goes out after 9:30 am until 1 to 3:00 in the afternoon and on topt of everything he gets called to coming on his day off Monday to work 4 t 6 hours OT or more. This is complete lunacy here. Who knows if he is out of hours by Thursday. DOT should be vigilant about this terminal and hours of service.
Those bastards....

It's like fighting 800-pound8 gorilla. For instance:i the local let YRC hire class b drivers and one came up from the dock. But as I understood, class b drivers would not be the same as the class A drivers since this job had always been a class A job. They would be considered 2nd tear drivers and should not be allowed on any bid. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Their breaking all the rules and everything we have accomplished throughoutt the years is being erased, thanks to our own local. Another thing is that you get a junior driver(last on the list) walking left and right. He gets forced into the dock( 1 am shift) suddenly were not slow anymore and he goes out after 9:30 am until 1 to 3:00 in the afternoon and on topt of everything he gets called to coming on his day off Monday to work 4 t 6 hours OT or more. This is complete lunacy here. Who knows if he is out of hours by Thursday. DOT should be vigilant about this terminal and hours of service.
file your complaints with [email protected]

the employees of nassau otb have been and continue to be scammed
Jan 8, 2014 at 10:14pm
icon-options.png

Post by dazedconfused on Jan 8, 2014 at 10:14pm
If anyone in local 118 feels that the present union administration is abusing their power and position, by under representing or misrepresenting the members of this fine local, you must contact this investigator for the IBT, Tom Schatz. There are many problems with the way that the present leadership are doing things, blackballing, not representing members and just plain ignoring problems as retribution for the recent history of the local, just to mention a few. Please contact this gentleman if you have had any issues or seen any that you feel are not in the best interests of our members.
Tom Schatz
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1-202-624-6945

Through a very reliable source I have learned that this gentleman can and will help, he has the authority to investigate improprieties all the way up to the top leadership, Hoffa himself.
So I implore you to contact him if you feel that there are any issues that you deem to be problamatic.

Read more: http://majorityrules.freeforums.net...tigator-abuse-misrepresentation#ixzz5mFWi91vT

Conservatives deal with Dems leaves some Suffolk GOP pursuing write-ins

By Rick Brand[email protected] @newsdaybrand Updated June 23, 2019 6:00 AM

PRINT SHARE

In the last two months, Suffolk Republican Legis. Kevin McCaffrey says he has knocked on the doors of all 1,100 Conservative voters in the 14th Legislative District to try to get back the minor party ballot line, which helped give him a winning edge in his past two elections.

But McCaffrey is facing a stiff challenge in Tuesday's primary because his name will not appear on the ballot, and the only way he can win it is by waging a write-in campaign for the Conservative nomination. That's all because of a deal the Conservative Party struck with Democrats to cross-endorse each other's county legislature candidates.

For years, Conservatives, who rarely put up candidates of their own, have generally cross-endorsed Republican candidates because their political positions are more similar. However, Suffolk Conservatives, who have been embroiled in an ongoing feud with former Suffolk GOP chairman John Jay LaValle, in recent years have made cross-endorsement agreements with Democrats for judges, district attorney and sheriff as well as handful of town and county offices.

[email protected] @newsdaybrand

Rick Brand has covered Suffolk life, government and politics for 37 years.

I ran Westchester for Roadway from 1990 to 2007. I knew a lot of the drivers there and they always had problems with management there. If they have no respect for your steward it is time to replace him. Does he get any backing from your local? I doubt it, it's more important to them to keep the place open than standing up for their men. Unfortunately you guys are going to have to stand up for yourselves and be united. Get everybody on the same page and push back on the issues you really care about, they need you more then you need them. Give it a shot before you hang up those gloves. You guys with some seniority need to educate the new guys because to most of them YRC is the best job they ever had, they don't know what a good and strong union job used to be. I put in almost 40 years on the job and seen it all, take a stand and fight for your rights.
Did you work out of spring valley carlstat or Stamford