FedEx Freight | New Bid System

we were informed today by our CCM that we will be bidding 3 times a year now. He said it was because of freight helping ground. don't hammer me for that just relaying what I was told. one board?? don't know but it would be nice

we were informed today by our CCM that we will be bidding 3 times a year now. He said it was because of freight helping ground. don't hammer me for that just relaying what I was told. one board?? don't know but it would be nice
I heard it was also so they could add and cut bids easier

One board would be a nice change, but it’s going to cause some problems with the guys who put decades in overnight to get a daytime road run...just to potentially get bumped by a city driver.

It's probably becoming a PITA to keep up with the seniority dates. Company seniority, road seniority and city seniorty. Then you have the guys that leave city for road and don't like it. They make a big stink about losing their spot. It makes sense.

One board would be a nice change, but it’s going to cause some problems with the guys who put decades in overnight to get a daytime road run...just to potentially get bumped by a city driver.
NOT happening, BUT I don't think it would be as chaotic as many believe. Most do what they do by choice, and not that many long timers could be bumped. Even less would be. THAT is a two way street, as well. Not everyone wants road (or city).

Some would jump, only to return to their previous gig.

On the topic of paying one's dues: I think 20+ years of doing either city or road QUALIFIES as having paid dues.

Again, not going to happen IMHO. Just a side show.

QkhAXh4.jpg

Yes it's true we have already started bidding for the December bid.

Well, with one list it’d take a feller that spent decades humpin freight to pull that off. In that case either one of em woulda earned it.

Well, with one list it’d take a feller that spent decades humpin freight to pull that off. In that case either one of em woulda earned it.
Funny how the only people who want one board are the fellers who humped freight for decades. We have 3 at my barn who bring it up every time a big wig comes to our barn. Funny thing is, they could of went to the road 10 years ago when we got our day runs, and got one of the lower day runs. When asked why they didn’t, the response is,” well I wasn’t sure we would keep them so I didn’t want to chance it.” Don’t want to take any of the risk but want all the reward.