Yellow | New Bidder Aims to Save Bankrupt Trucking Firm, if Creditors Go Along

Probably the ones who took on over a billion in debt, got major concessions, got a government bail out.... still couldn't make it....
Yellow went into debt to purchase those companies.
R&L took on debt to purchase several carriers like Greenwood, Herter & Gator and successfully put them together to create a great profitable non union LTL carrier
Fed Ex Freight took on debt to purchase Viking, Watkins and American Freightways and successfully put them together to create a great profitable non union LTL carrier
Combining teamster LTL carriers into one has never worked, being a teamster LTL carrier is a death blow to a company.
Yellow failed to understand that....

R&L took on debt to purchase several carriers like Greenwood, Herter & Gator and successfully put them together to create a great profitable non union LTL carrier
Fed Ex Freight took on debt to purchase Viking, Watkins and American Freightways and successfully put them together to create a great profitable non union LTL carrier
Combining teamster LTL carriers into one has never worked, being a teamster LTL carrier is a death blow to a company.
Like herding cats.

Yellow was bleeding out because Yellow chose to be the leader in discount pricing and garbage freight.
Right, but the W & I department brought in over 11 M a month off that garbage freight. Most larger accounts had modified tariffs that could generate up to $3 pm depending upon the account.

I thought management was responsible for keeping those slackers &
Milkers in line? You were management weren’t you? Ever think you were part of the problem.
GO, would you please stop injecting facts into this debate? The "we hate Unions" finger-pointers just don't know hoow to respond to that, except by pointing more fingers. You're absolutely right. It was management's job to keep errant workers in line. So far as I can tell, they failed miserably! Make no misunderstanding, that doesn't excuse the slackers; they are responsible too.

Like herding cats.
Maggie Simpson Episode 3 GIF by The Simpsons
Season 18 Episode 13 GIF by The Simpsons

GO, would you please stop injecting facts into this debate? The "we hate Unions" finger-pointers just don't know hoow to respond to that, except by pointing more fingers. You're absolutely right. It was management's job to keep errant workers in line. So far as I can tell, they failed miserably! Make no misunderstanding, that doesn't excuse the slackers; they are responsible too.
You're right the baby-sitters should write those grown baby men and women up for failure to produce a fair days' work for a fair days' wage. I am sure that'll stick.

You're right the baby-sitters should write those grown baby men and women up for failure to produce a fair days' work for a fair days' wage. I am sure that'll stick.
Or maybe follow them like they use to do when I was at Roadway….Stealing time is an actual thing & punishable by termination. I’m not saying he would get fired for the first offense, but he wouldn’t be so quick to do it again, and if he did shame on him….

Stealing time is another matter, it's objectively verifiable. Moving slower than molasses and generally just doing as little as possible without turning to stone is another.

Did R&L and FedEx take nearly 20 years to combine them?
Yellow could have done that and had a bunch of money selling equipment and terminals instead of keeping all of it (for nearly 20 years!) and paying taxes and upkeep on the properties....you have got to be smarter than that....

Or maybe follow them like they use to do when I was at Roadway….Stealing time is an actual thing & punishable by termination. I’m not saying he would get fired for the first offense, but he wouldn’t be so quick to do it again, and if he did shame on him….
There weren't a lot of dead beats (clock suckers?) at Big R. But obviously enough that Big R felt the salaries paid to the people to "keep an eye on them" had a reasonable "return on investment". :732:

Right, but the W & I department brought in over 11 M a month off that garbage freight. Most larger accounts had modified tariffs that could generate up to $3 pm depending upon the account.
And now the other carries are making 22m a month off the same freight....................................................

ABF combined several Teamster LTL's & eventually made it work. Youngblood, Navajo, ETMF & Carolina/Worldway.