Yellow | New Finger Scanning Time Keeping System At YRC!

They finally made a few bucks this quarter & its time to **** it away....

Where has honesty gone in the business? We had big problems with people not clocking in, supervisors clocking people in and such.. I just don't understand it...

At least the members at Local 326 has a President who is not afraid to call their stupidity out in writing...AND...let the members know of the possibility of being followed by security!....KK

Jeez... At least someone sees how really stupid this is. How many tractors would these scanners have bought? I need a Taco!

Jeez... At least someone sees how really stupid this is. How many tractors would these scanners have bought? I need a Taco!

That's a good question, just how many tractors would those scanners have bought? Who here has any real numbers to compare? Facts, not bluster please.

Based on a search, I'm guessing around $400 for each fingerprint time clock. With around 400 terminals in the system that means roughly $160,000 right there. YRCW already has the computers and the network so I'm guessing the software (if necessary) would be the only additional cost. Let's round the cost up to $200,000 to include software. How many new tractors can be bought for $200,000? Anybody care to correct or dispute these figures have at it, please.

At least the members at Local 326 has a President who is not afraid to call their stupidity out in writing...AND...let the members know of the possibility of being followed by security!....KK

It's amazing how many are up in arms over the so-called invasion of privacy type issues here. Are these the same folks who go around with cell/smart phones turned on all the time so that that their every movement and location is being tracked 24/7? Funny stuff.

Fingerprint reads?????

The clock just matches known lines and groves to a number and sends the data(time, category, etc) to the data base where it's stored.

It works very similar to the way some laptop laptops are set up instead of being password protected they have a fingerprint reader, without the right print it doesn't open..
Look for more devices in the future to use these like ATM's C card machines at stores or anywhere you now use a PIN.

It's amazing how many are up in arms over the so-called invasion of privacy type issues here. Are these the same folks who go around with cell/smart phones turned on all the time so that that their every movement and location is being tracked 24/7? Funny stuff.

The clock just matches known lines and groves to a number and sends the data(time, category, etc) to the data base where it's stored.

It works very similar to the way some laptop laptops are set up instead of being password protected they have a fingerprint reader, without the right print it doesn't open..
Look for more devices in the future to use these like ATM's C card machines at stores or anywhere you now use a PIN.

Still are there any terminals in our system that use a fingerprint system that local 326 is referring too???? Have not seen any in the Chicago area!!!!

We know you're watching Truckingboards James!

Maybe instead of watching Truckingboards, he should concentrate on the inept and incompetent ADO's, VP's and the like that are systematically ruining this group of companies with their outlandish ideas and business practices. Watch for the companies to post OR's that will be just good enough for them to get their bonuses while just not Quite good enough for you to get yours.

Hope they work better than the UP has to get into rail yard.
Don't know how many times they took my prints and would work for a few day's then stop working
Even had it print another persons name on ticket and let me in.
Bunch of sorry SOB'S

Hope they work better than the UP has to get into rail yard.
Don't know how many times they took my prints and would work for a few day's then stop working
Even had it print another persons name on ticket and let me in.
Bunch of sorry SOB'S

also, prevents someone from altering your time record (for example, supervisor who is trying to screw with you, or manager out to trim his labor numbers down) as they could not possibly have your fingerprint.

I was concerned enough about these issues that I created a system on my phone that I simultaneously clock-out on. It calculates the hours worked and writes this to a text file. At the end of the week the hours are automatically multiplied by the rate of pay to give me the gross pay, which I then compare to my check.

This was a lot of work to setup but has given me peace-of-mind that made it worth the effort.

Typically the difference between what they pay and what I calculated is about $00.20. This can partially be attributed to the fact that they apparently do not pay for the elapsed seconds after the even minute.