Yellow | New Finger Scanning Time Keeping System At YRC!

That is the machine i used at UP on a regular basis.
Ever wonder about that germ infested thing you put your finger on ? Such as the guy in front of you that picks his nose or the ones that never wash their hands after using bathroom ( 1 ply tissue )

Do you sanitize the wheel, shift knob, and all controls in the cab everyday when you first get in your truck? :smile:

Ever see the switcher walk away from your hook while picking his "seat"? Ever wonder what he did before your hook? :LMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you sanitize the wheel, shift knob, and all controls in the cab everyday when you first get in your truck? :smile:

Ever see the switchwr walk away from your hook while picking his "seat"? Ever wonder what he did before your hook? :LMAO:

Gotta admit, Trip, when I had an assigned tractor, I used to wipe down my wheel every day as part of my pre-trip.

When driving different equipment everyday, I am not quite so OCD.

I wear gloves when I hostle, because I know the hostler....

Now, I just wipe down the wheel and controls of my trusty towmotor.:cool:

Maybe instead of watching Truckingboards, he should concentrate on the inept and incompetent ADO's, VP's and the like that are systematically ruining this group of companies with their outlandish ideas and business practices. Watch for the companies to post OR's that will be just good enough for them to get their bonuses while just not Quite good enough for you to get yours.
He is as incompetent as they are. He keeps them employed

I was concerned enough about these issues that I created a system on my phone that I simultaneously clock-out on. It calculates the hours worked and writes this to a text file. At the end of the week the hours are automatically multiplied by the rate of pay to give me the gross pay, which I then compare to my check.

This was a lot of work to setup but has given me peace-of-mind that made it worth the effort.

Typically the difference between what they pay and what I calculated is about $00.20. This can partially be attributed to the fact that they apparently do not pay for the elapsed seconds after the even minute.
I have an app on my phone that does this. Cost about $5 to download. Helps me keep track of HOS as well.

Gotta admit, Trip, when I had an assigned tractor, I used to wipe down my wheel every day as part of my pre-trip.

When driving different equipment everyday, I am not quite so OCD.

I wear gloves when I hostle, because I know the hostler....

Now, I just wipe down the wheel and controls of my trusty towmotor.:cool:

When I worked in NYC and rode the subway holding the pole or overhead bar I struggled to remember to not touch my nose or eyes after getting off the train. Used to use hand sanitizer at the job as soon as I got there. Guess it worked, I'm still here. :biglaugh:

That is the machine i used at UP on a regular basis.
Ever wonder about that germ infested thing you put your finger on ? Such as the guy in front of you that picks his nose or the ones that never wash their hands after using bathroom ( 1 ply tissue )

This is at the UP on State St. But they have 2 of them. Left line for sanitized hands, right line for pocket poolers!!!!

This is at the UP on State St. But they have 2 of them. Left line for sanitized hands, right line for pocket poolers!!!!

Just playing pocket pool isn't the problem, it's what happens after sinking the shot that should be of concern. :hide: :LMAO:

Ever see the switcher walk away from your hook while picking his "seat"? Ever wonder what he did before your hook? :LMAO:

Yes I do. Spray down the whole cab and have been known to hose them out on occasion .

Yeah, I get it, but how often do you think buddy punching is really happening system wide. I mean, considering you have to swipe an electronic card. Not saying it couldn't be done, but surely not enough to justify what I'm sure is a huge expense installing fingerprint scanners. Oh, hold on be right back - I have to run outside and turn on my "Zombie detection devices" !!

They may think it'll be cheaper overall then having to replace the cards of the select few who seem to loose them everyday..............................of course I guess they could sand their fingers every night:2437:

They may think it'll be cheaper overall then having to replace the cards of the select few who seem to loose them everyday..............................of course I guess they could sand their fingers every night:2437:

Are you suggesting that some employees might be into pedicures too?

Yeah, I get it, but how often do you think buddy punching is really happening system wide. I mean, considering you have to swipe an electronic card. Not saying it couldn't be done, but surely not enough to justify what I'm sure is a huge expense installing fingerprint scanners. Oh, hold on be right back - I have to run outside and turn on my "Zombie detection devices" !!
Afterall at each Kronos station there is a camera positioned in place to watch everyone slide their card.I feel that our rights to privacy will be violated with the use of fingerprint scans.Enough is enough.If the company wants to know if there is any of that buddy punching going on.They don't have to spend more money on fp scans.Just refer to the cameras and the registered card user slide.Then make a decision if there was in any illegal things going on by the employees.pretty simple

I remember the days of making a profit while using time cards,paper P&D logs,a 2 way radio for dispatch,dispatchers with no computers, a map book instead of a gps.
We should be rich with all the modern marvels the company has invested in.

Everyone can argue until they're blue in the face about this, but don't start up with the anti management bit until you're willing to look a brother Teamster in the eye that is a known offender of time card fraud and tell them that they are one of any number of reasons the company might bring about for implementing this. If everyone played it straight and followed the rules, there would be no perceived need. If Teamsters policed the eff ups among their ranks who make trouble for all instead of closing ranks, life would be better for all. There's bad elements on both sides of the YRC coin, until everyone puts aside loyalties based upon title and position (management and Teamster) and starts calling them out instead of protecting them, things will only get worse. As a manager and pre merger employee of the company, I know what a functioning union carrier looks like...Both Yellow and Roadway folks do, what we see now is a hodgepodge of the worst of our two respective former employers and until we start bringing either our best to the table regardless of circumstances or move on, we are all at fault. A bad manager gets fired, good! A Teamster who brings problems among his/her peers due to his/her BS actions gets canned and termination is held up, good! It's a group effort and neither side will see it as such until we all do our part to change behavior. I'd like to think that all of us have a million and one reasons outside of work for needing to bring some semblance of the best of us to work, if we all did so, things would improve. Regards to all Teamster brothers and sisters, you folks are the ones that truly make this company work, without you, there would be no YRC. On that note, if you have a good manager, work with them on making things better...it's you and those select good bosses that will either prevail in the end and turn this ship around or move on at some point knowing that at the very least you tried.

Everyone can argue until they're blue in the face about this, but don't start up with the anti management bit until you're willing to look a brother Teamster in the eye that is a known offender of time card fraud and tell them that they are one of any number of reasons the company might bring about for implementing this. If everyone played it straight and followed the rules, there would be no perceived need. If Teamsters policed the eff ups among their ranks who make trouble for all instead of closing ranks, life would be better for all. There's bad elements on both sides of the YRC coin, until everyone puts aside loyalties based upon title and position (management and Teamster) and starts calling them out instead of protecting them, things will only get worse. As a manager and pre merger employee of the company, I know what a functioning union carrier looks like...Both Yellow and Roadway folks do, what we see now is a hodgepodge of the worst of our two respective former employers and until we start bringing either our best to the table regardless of circumstances or move on, we are all at fault. A bad manager gets fired, good! A Teamster who brings problems among his/her peers due to his/her BS actions gets canned and termination is held up, good! It's a group effort and neither side will see it as such until we all do our part to change behavior. I'd like to think that all of us have a million and one reasons outside of work for needing to bring some semblance of the best of us to work, if we all did so, things would improve. Regards to all Teamster brothers and sisters, you folks are the ones that truly make this company work, without you, there would be no YRC. On that note, if you have a good manager, work with them on making things better...it's you and those select good bosses that will either prevail in the end and turn this ship around or move on at some point knowing that at the very least you tried.
Nothing is ever going to change until you tell your bosses to quit cooking the books.Trying to help an employer who is on the level with everyone is mighty charitable by its loyal employees.An employer who abuses that charity amongst it's workforce is just downright unacceptable and deceitful.You don't think that some of us don't see what your bosses are doing? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out.Manipulating the numbers and using creative accounting practices.Those of us that have been around a while can see what's going on.Wasted money on frigging fingerprint scans!!!There's an old adage that some of us have learned a long time ago.Whenever a person or company if I may.Starts being deceptive and deceitful.Paranoia steps in.That person or company begins to think if they are that way.Then everybody must be that way.So mr.Manager or whoever you are.You have alot of audacity to spew out of one of your orifices this b.s..There are alot of hardworking individuals that work with this hodgepodge of a company.Some have spent basically a lifetime here.Supporting their families.Then the big poo of a merge came along.And the company asks of its employees to give back what was bargained for in good faith.A worldwide corporation asking it's loyal employees to give back precious coinage.How asinine is that?All these changes of operations just to change something back to where nothing has changed.Oh wait....so the company can utilize PTS way beyond what the MOU2014 mandated.Just to place our hardworking people on the sidelines at home.We don't trust you or your company anymore.Once you lose trust amongst your people.It takes along time to earn it back.What was the 3q financial report? What was it 1point something billion in revenue? The company only showed a 1point million in profit..Haha.thats funny right there.Then as soon as the ink was almost dry on the MOU2014 and I said almost.The executives and no namers started taking in the name of bonuses.Dont make me laugh Mr.Manager or whoever you are.There are many thieves and liers around these days.Trust is all we have.

Nothing is ever going to change until you tell your bosses to quit cooking the books.Trying to help an employer who is on the level with everyone is mighty charitable by its loyal employees.An employer who abuses that charity amongst it's workforce is just downright unacceptable and deceitful.You don't think that some of us don't see what your bosses are doing? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out.Manipulating the numbers and using creative accounting practices.Those of us that have been around a while can see what's going on.Wasted money on frigging fingerprint scans!!!There's an old adage that some of us have learned a long time ago.Whenever a person or company if I may.Starts being deceptive and deceitful.Paranoia steps in.That person or company begins to think if they are that way.Then everybody must be that way.So mr.Manager or whoever you are.You have alot of audacity to spew out of one of your orifices this b.s..There are alot of hardworking individuals that work with this hodgepodge of a company.Some have spent basically a lifetime here.Supporting their families.Then the big poo of a merge came along.And the company asks of its employees to give back what was bargained for in good faith.A worldwide corporation asking it's loyal employees to give back precious coinage.How asinine is that?All these changes of operations just to change something back to where nothing has changed.Oh wait....so the company can utilize PTS way beyond what the MOU2014 mandated.Just to place our hardworking people on the sidelines at home.We don't trust you or your company anymore.Once you lose trust amongst your people.It takes along time to earn it back.What was the 3q financial report? What was it 1point something billion in revenue? The company only showed a 1point million in profit..Haha.thats funny right there.Then as soon as the ink was almost dry on the MOU2014 and I said almost.The executives and no namers started taking in the name of bonuses.Dont make me laugh Mr.Manager or whoever you are.There are many thieves and liers around these days.Trust is all we have.
Don't misconstrue with what I wrote.We all work hard but with skepticism and doubt