XPO | New hire demographics are way out of whack. This is why.

Raven.Six

TB Lurker
Credits
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/work-opportunity-tax-credit

"The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a Federal tax credit available to employers for hiring and employing individuals from certain targeted groups who have faced significant barriers to employment.

WOTC joins other workforce programs that incentivize workplace diversity and facilitate access to good jobs for American workers."

"A3. An employer may claim the WOTC for an individual who is certified as a member of any of the following targeted groups under section 51 of the Code:

• the formerly incarcerated or those previously convicted of a felony;
  • recipients of state assistance under part A of title IV of the Social Security Act (SSA);
  • veterans;
  • residents in areas designated as empowerment zones or rural renewal counties;
  • individuals referred to an employer following completion of a rehabilitation plan or program;
  • individuals whose families are recipients of supplemental nutrition assistance under the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008;
  • recipients of supplemental security income benefits under title XVI of the SSA;
  • individuals whose families are recipients of state assistance under part A of title IV of the SSA; and
  • individuals experiencing long-term unemployment."

Lol, please . This has NOTHING to do with who Xpo is hiring as drivers . The gain is not worth the risk. The quality of what Xpo is hiring is not related to this.

No one said drivers
No one said dockworkers. The post simply said “New Hires” that would imply all new hires due to its lack of specificity.
Relax no fire here to put out.
They will still blame it on what they believe and the truth will not come out. They’re focused on the red meat. No agenda here.

Don't see what the problem is. most of those in these classification do not want to work. If they do they lose there govt hand out. At my wife work they had one working part time but when she found out she would make to much and lose her govt hand out she quit. Even though there were full time positions available

Don't see what the problem is. most of those in these classification do not want to work. If they do they lose there govt hand out. At my wife work they had one working part time but when she found out she would make to much and lose her govt hand out she quit. Even though there were full time positions available
Not surprising. When & where will society draw the line on the entitlement bs? Hate getting old but can’t wait to be done.

Not surprising. When & where will society draw the line on the entitlement bs? Hate getting old but can’t wait to be done.
Don’t think this falls under entitelment but more equal opportunity and discrimination. Do you want someone who has been realeased from prison to get a job or collect public assistance? Because they served time should they never be able to be hired again ?
This is a pathway to getting off of public assistance which all conservative rant about . Certainly you don’t want people living on welfare. The company receives and incentive to encourage that they consider individuals that fall under these guidelines rather than overlooking them . The individual receives nothing other than a job.
I do not hold the opinion that this is what is effecting Xpo’s ability to attract decent workers . A company is not going to just hire any body to get a tax credit.
The labor force is still tight and the availability of less strenuous and better work environment jobs still exists.

Last edited:
Don’t think this falls under entitelment but more equal opportunity and discrimination. Do you want someone who has been realeased from prison to get a job or collect public assistance? Because they served time should they never be able to be hired again ?
This is a pathway to getting off of public assistance which all conservative rant about . Certainly you don’t want people living on welfare. The company receives and incentive to encourage that they consider individuals that fall under these guidelines rather than overlooking them . The individual receives nothing other than a job.
I do not hold the opinion that this is what is effecting Xpo’s ability to attract decent workers . A company is not going to just hire any body to get a tax credit.
The labor force is still tight and the availability of less strenuous and better work environment jobs still exists.
I don’t see EO or discrimination. I see a tax break handout program to companies. A program allowing benefiting participants to stop employment and resume collecting “welfare”.

A program allowing benefiting participants to stop employment and resume collecting “welfare”.
If they quit the job they are not eligible in most states for unemployment. I don’t understand the logic. Isn’t any time someone is off sometime of assistance less of a burden of the state and taxpayers.

The Pilgrims had a welfare system at the Plymouth Rock settlement. If you elderly, disabled or ill, they took care of you. If were able to work but would not, you did not eat.

If they quit the job they are not eligible in most states for unemployment. I don’t understand the logic. Isn’t any time someone is off sometime of assistance less of a burden of the state and taxpayers.
Thought about this a bit on my run. I can agree to disagree, but let me throw couple ideas at you.
1. The gov’t subsidizing demographic quotas is, in itself, wrong. Best candidate for the job. There is a current issue with “promotion past competency”, let’s not add to that by starting at the bottom.

2. The marketplace today has far more openings than applicants. If you’ve a blemish on your record, go into the trades. May have to start with roofing or bricklaying. If you work hard enough, someone on a job site will pick you up. (Please don’t counter with “unphysically able” excuses).

3. This program is from the same gov’t that created the Clearing House for A&D testing. Assuring hard working men & women can never again get a job in their chosen field.

4. Not necessarily relevant. I’ve not been hired do to past actions. My people have been discriminated against for as long as there have been managers.

At the end of the day, many people do not want to work (I’m one). Don’t like one’s circumstances? Turn off the electronics, get off the couch & GO F’N GET IT. This entitlement society has been getting stronger, making our great country weaker.

Just my op. Nothing personal. Have good w’end.

This isn't anything new. I answered the foodstamp etc questions when I started at FedEx 5 years ago. The company I worked for before that asked the same questions in 2017.

Although that may be true with a percentage of people in that classification I don’t think we can assume it’s the case with all of them.
Here let me update it. Those that are getting govt assistance do not want to work too much to lose it there free govt money.

1. The gov’t subsidizing demographic quotas is, in itself, wrong. Best candidate for the job. There is a current issue with “promotion past competency”, let’s not add to that by starting at the bottom.
It's called affirmative action. There are companies out there that must get corporate approval to hire a white person. If you don't think it's happening this is from 6yrs ago

It's called affirmative action. There are companies out there that must get corporate approval to hire a white person. If you don't think it's happening this is from 6yrs ago

I don’t think that any qualified white driving candidate is being put on the back burner for the reasons of hiring a minority At Xpo. I really think the job is no longer an attractive option at this point For many young people.
What Adam Corolla was experiencing was quota based affirmative action. GOVERMENT jobs were required to abide by them. This program is not quota based it is a tax credit to encourage hiring in the said classification.

Last edited:

I thought AA was abolished. Y’know, due to its ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ nature. Good to know gov’t encourages discrimination to discourage discrimination.