XPO | New hire demographics are way out of whack. This is why.

I don’t think the incentive program is tied to a race group. Any race can fall into those categories. I could be wrong but affirmative action was banned only when it applies to college admissions .

I thought AA was abolished. Y’know, due to its ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ nature. Good to know gov’t encourages discrimination to discourage discrimination.
Well yes AA is gone. Corps now call it CDO, Chief Diverstiy Officer and have DEI boards ( Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)

I don’t think that any qualified white driving candidate is being put on the back burner for the reasons of hiring a minority At Xpo. I really think the job is no longer an attractive option at this point For many young people.
What Adam Corolla was experiencing was quota based affirmative action. GOVERMENT jobs were required to abide by them. This program is not quota based it is a tax credit to encourage hiring in the said classification.
If XPO whats to hire the best then why in 2020 did they create a new position? CDO that's the head of the DEI board. Yea sure it might not be in the driver DW positions, but I sure it being used for management positions and promotion

If XPO whats to hire the best then why in 2020 did they create a new position? CDO that's the head of the DEI board. Yea sure it might not be in the driver DW positions, but I sure it being used for management positions and promotion
I agree

Explains why I’m seeing so many ass cracks, baggy pants and attitude on the dock.
All they hired at Yellow Freight the last few years before we went under. They wouldn't speak tell them hi looked at you crazy try to show them how to do something. They would say I got this I know what I am doing or would say I think my way is better. Dumb ass you just busted most of the bands and that pipe or crate how can your way be better ? Here I am 34yrs of experience at Roadway and Yellow but 56yrs old and I can't get a call back from any LTL carriers..Sucks no one wants you when you are especially if you are coming from a Union job

Here I am 34yrs of experience at Roadway and Yellow but 56yrs old and I can't get a call back from any LTL carriers..Sucks no one wants you when you are especially if you are coming from a Union job
34yrs and 56yrs old that's the rule of 85. Draw your pension.
The last driver I talked to back in Nov said he took a furlough until March and they were looking for another 4 or 5 drivers to take furloughs for different lengths of time

All they hired at Yellow Freight the last few years before we went under. They wouldn't speak tell them hi looked at you crazy try to show them how to do something. They would say I got this I know what I am doing or would say I think my way is better. Dumb ass you just busted most of the bands and that pipe or crate how can your way be better ? Here I am 34yrs of experience at Roadway and Yellow but 56yrs old and I can't get a call back from any LTL carriers..Sucks no one wants you when you are especially if you are coming from a Union job
They fear unionization more than they do inexperience. It’s really that simple.

We did fine for hundreds of years dealing with Race on a first hand basis. Its not even a issue until the DEI, wokery and all that infested the Corporations.

I dont work for companies that support that crap. Johns Hopkins stained themselves horribly sprewing feces recently about DEI stuff publicly. I pee on it all. Such a stupid waste of effort better applied to getting work done.

Corporate wants it done their way. The more experience you have, better chance you can do it better. Toe the line sheeple, mgmt knows best.
So, the people who own the company expect to run the company. Imagine that!
BTW: business is where the jobs are. Employers create jobs. Employees do not create jobs. Somebody should tell O'Brien. He obviously hasn't figured that out.

So, the people who own the company expect to run the company. Imagine that!
BTW: business is where the jobs are. Employers create jobs. Employees do not create jobs. Somebody should tell O'Brien. He obviously hasn't figured that out.
"Corporate" doesn't own a publicly traded company, they are employees just as the drivers are....they would be doing the owners a service to at least listen to what the people doing the jobs recommend....

"Corporate" doesn't own a publicly traded company, they are employees just as the drivers are....they would be doing the owners a service to at least listen to what the people doing the jobs recommend....
We already know what the people doing the jobs recommend. Pay us more, give us more and hire more people.