Averitt | New pictures of Freightliner daycabber's in Nashville !

Heres a few pictures I took in CHA;
200snci.jpg

315mtll.jpg
2uhqtxx.jpg

5bce9.jpg

2cwpu38.jpg

2youb61.jpg

More Pictures

Pictures
tz5a9.jpg

jt1d6p.jpg
rssoz8.jpg

2yowf14.jpg

Over all from what I saw..not a bad truck,great visiablity,large cab and seats. Not sure about the ISX12 350st motor. The radio has the AUX plug,driver can dump the airbags,lots of nice things. One BAD thing is the CB Radio mounting,as in my truck..the Biggest radio you can install is a Cobra 29 style radio...it is a PITA to install and remove, the picture shown is my radio and speaker.
OVER ALL...GOOD JOB GS ON THE TRUCKS(RACER'S) PROSTARS,VOLVO'S AND NOW THE CASCADIAS!

Brush burner exhaust? I'll most likely take the first one that rolls into my barn since it has auxiliary jack for radio. I have still yet not driven the new Volvo daycabs.

I do, however, can't understand why qualcomm locations are where they are. More, thought could have been given in placement.

I do, however, can't understand why qualcomm locations are where they are. More, thought could have been given in placement.
On the Cascadia this is the the best place to mount it. On my truck I had one of those fancy mounts....after all the bouncing,it finally broke,I asked our mech in orl to mount mine in the same spot. Some of the newer ones had them mounted there from the get go.

Looking at the compartment and/or slot for the radio can that slot be modified? I could take my dremel to it.

The radio has the AUX plug,driver can dump the airbags,lots of nice things. One BAD thing is the CB Radio mounting,as in my truck..the Biggest radio you can install is a Cobra 29 style radio...it is a PITA to install and remove, the picture shown is my radio and speaker.

Not sure about the ISX12 350st motor.
I have always wondered why they cannot put the big motors in the daycabs? There are many nights that I pull 43k+ and it works these small motors...HARD. I am confident that they could have the big motors also.
I also wonder why these trucks cannot have the upgraded seat that the sleepers have.
I do notice that the sun visor over the windshield is missing.
And what is with the 2 hole wheels? The more holes the more air to the brakes. Someone PLEASE enlighten me on the logic of this.
All in all it looks like a nice rig. Can't wait to drive one pulling one of the new spring ride trailers.

I honestly think the powers that be view these as a "city" truck first and road truck 2nd.

Lifer concerning the placement of the Qualcomm, it comes free from it's base if need be, good for city, but I've never had to do this. It's Gps function makes it easy to read nearest the driver.

I drive a Cascadia, yours are a little bit different, where your quallcom is is where my shift buttons are, mine is a 6 speed, we have Detroits, I forget what motor, but its a small one, on shuttle I regularly pulled 135,000lbs gross between 2 long boxes and it did a good job, we don't have CB hookups, I had to build a box when I ran shuttle, I'm back on delivery so I don't run one, I don't understand why they can't put the mount on the dash like Wal-Mart does on their Cascadias, its a comfortable truck, rides nice.

Friday in KNX there was a lone Freightliner remaining among a handful of Volvos.
I noted that while the Freightliner was equipped with Goodyear tires, the Volvos were shod with Bridgestones.
knx.jpg

Giant exhaust canister which is becoming the norm nowadays. I actually prefer the appearance of the weedburner, but wonder about the amount of heat generated underneath the cab.
2012-10-19122133.jpg

Spoke with a shuttle driver this week in NAS...he liked the Cascadia,said the front front end wobbled a bit,they changed the front tires,all is good...I mentioned he might have them slide the 5th wheel up a couple of holes. I would think the city drivers are going to like the BIG back windows and the Autoshift transmission.

I climbed in a new FL daycab in BHM and checked the Qualcomm for MPG and it showed 6.1 average and he runs Nas to Bhm. My '13 Volvo has never seen under 7.0, normally 7.4.