SAIA | New Raise

You don’t know much about how self insurance works do you? Saia pays the first four million. That comes out of profits. Stockholder money. They have to be a responsible fiduciary of that money. It gives it more of a reason. If you do not want cameras go find you a mom and pops carrier paying 37 cents a mile in a ten year old truck. You want a lucrative job with a successful company, they either have it or it’s coming.
I dispute your assertion. I work for a successful company paying industry average for ltl and they have no driver facing cameras with no plans to install them. Thats we’ve been told anyway.

How much OT does saia allow city drivers to get?
I do around 50 hours a week. It could be higher if I accepted offers to go back out after my run is done to drop an empty or something. There’s terminals where drivers are complaining because they’re working 65 hours a week. From the people I’ve spoken to and stuff I’ve read on the employee fb group Saia doesn’t stop you from getting overtime.

I do around 50 hours a week. It could be higher if I accepted offers to go back out after my run is done to drop an empty or something. There’s terminals where drivers are complaining because they’re working 65 hours a week. From the people I’ve spoken to and stuff I’ve read on the employee fb group Saia doesn’t stop you from getting overtime.
Thanks for your information

I want to urge caution against making broad statements like this. As you probably know, each terminal is different and everything depends on freight volumes. While a terminal may have enough freight and work to allow 65 hours/week, there are other terminals where the City personnel are getting a 4 day work week. It all comes down to what the computer says as far as inbound freight for City. There isn't a metric for pickups, only for deliveries. The deliveries is what drives personnel decisions.

I want to urge caution against making broad statements like this. As you probably know, each terminal is different and everything depends on freight volumes. While a terminal may have enough freight and work to allow 65 hours/week, there are other terminals where the City personnel are getting a 4 day work week. It all comes down to what the computer says as far as inbound freight for City. There isn't a metric for pickups, only for deliveries. The deliveries is what drives personnel decisions.
Very true! I’ve seen them cut 3-4 runs in a day because they were over there “allotted hours “ per “The plan”. Once the freight is captured, it is all company discretion on delivery unless guaranteed. I call it hostage freight. :bananag:

Saia doesn’t stop you from getting overtime.
why would they when they are taking advantage of an archaic law that doesn't require fair compensation to a particular career field. I guess they figured back in the day that driving big truck was fun and pleasurable and you're lucky that the employer isn't charging the driver to drive

why would they when they are taking advantage of an archaic law that doesn't require fair compensation to a particular career field. I guess they figured back in the day that driving big truck was fun and pleasurable and you're lucky that the employer isn't charging the driver to drive
Back in my days, it was fun, I'd have driven that sucker for nothing just to hear those air brakes release.