TForce | New Start Work Instructions

We had these so-called engineers ride along with the p&d guys this week in NBR. I believe it was Thursday. Don't know much about how the ride along went. But there sure was a bunch of UPS people in our barn the other day.

Hey Boats, I would love to see some of those UPS people take a look at your Shop of the North East. First, putting some experianced mechanics on the night shift would be a big help. Since most of the North East Region's equiptment runs through there during the night hours. Then maybe keeping in stock some parts. You know like, Head lights. Bulbs, Fuses, Wiper blades, Brake cams, Springs, U-bolts. Ect. Ect. Its SAD that they dont even have the most common parts you need to run a truck up and down the road safely. Having to dead line a truck for 2-4 days for a simple repair is a joke. That shop could be a great thing. But the way it is being operated now is a total failure.

You sure have changed your tune BusterNite.
Before you were implying all the old Overnite shops needed was a wash bay,and a good surplus of Duct Tape?

Now you want them to keep parts on hand,as well as wrench turners who know which part goes where.

I think your asking a lot,maybe you should of just stuck with the Duct Tape idea?

Get it (STUCK) with Duct Tape.
Oh my I'm so cleaver sometimes it scary?

Hey Boats, I would love to see some of those UPS people take a look at your Shop of the North East. First, putting some experianced mechanics on the night shift would be a big help. Since most of the North East Region's equiptment runs through there during the night hours. Then maybe keeping in stock some parts. You know like, Head lights. Bulbs, Fuses, Wiper blades, Brake cams, Springs, U-bolts. Ect. Ect. Its SAD that they dont even have the most common parts you need to run a truck up and down the road safely. Having to dead line a truck for 2-4 days for a simple repair is a joke. That shop could be a great thing. But the way it is being operated now is a total failure.

Buster your post is right on the money. How's that phrase go "could of should of would of but isn't." Did you see how many dead line tractors we have back behind the shop. I'm starting to think if you need a fuse they'll deadline your tractor.:hysterical:

Buster your post is right on the money. How's that phrase go "could of should of would of but isn't." Did you see how many dead line tractors we have back behind the shop. I'm starting to think if you need a fuse they'll deadline your tractor.:hysterical:

Well someone better communicate too the shop we need a ton of them there fuses up north....:hysterical:

Gee wiz Boats,I can't believe our equipment would be deadlined for something as simple as a fuse?

How about deadlining all of our snowy trailers?
Do you think we would ever get away with that?

WOW wassesname sounds like this may be the key to not using those tractors?

I wounder if you could flat bed one up to our terminal?
We are a tractor short,and a new,or used ignition switch would be an easy fix.

Well boats what happened with the engineers?

Well boats what happened with the engineers?

Supposedly the engineers were content with the work the p&d guys were doing. They were surprised they didn't have any help in delivering some of their freight. I'm a RDDR so this is from talking to a few p&d guys that were sent out with engineers. But who really knows what those engineers reported to the Big Brown Wolf.:chairshot:

Supposedly the engineers were content with the work the p&d guys were doing. They were surprised they didn't have any help in delivering some of their freight. I'm a RDDR so this is from talking to a few p&d guys that were sent out with engineers. But who really knows what those engineers reported to the Big Brown Wolf.:chairshot:

Oh I can hear it now.......So we pull up to this house, the residence was notified that the driver would need help getting the freight off. Out comes this 80 year old man with an oxygen tank. Some help!! Or.... after the shop came out for a second time to fix the lift gate, he instructed the driver it was as good as new this time!!
Hey Boats, did any of the engineers fomulate a plan on how to work the hose to wash the equipment? Better yet, replace the duct tape with real parts?

I had a real good one just this last Friday.
I was doing an accident follow up ride along.
I had two large boxes of that junk furniture people love to buy and have to assemble.
Well it was pre-appointed.

I had a phone number on the DR.
So I called ahead from the stop before.
Not only to make sure they were home but seeing the combined weight was 260 lbs.
I wanted to know if they were going to help me?

A lady answers sounding very excited that here purchase was just a few minutes out.
She said she was waiting,her husband,and son were there to help.
My student pulled up a long side the curb at the house.
I told him to stay put I called and the home owner was going to help.
I go to open my trailer door.

I'd already layed the boxes on the floor very close to the tail.
I see the garage door open,and a big tall man standing in the door way watching me.
So I pulled off my hand cart,and started pulling these boxes,
I let them slide down the back edge of my trailer ,one by one.
Standing them on end on my hand cart.

I had to ram the ice dam to jump over the curb than up the driveway,between two cars ,with just enough room to get by their mirrors.

The whole time this guy didn't budge.
He says just stand them over against the door way.
So I did,he asked if I had something to sign?

I handed over the DR,and my pen.
I said print,and sign here pointing to the two lines.
He gets huffy,oh you want me to print too?

I had to tell this guy to have fun with his new sawdust,glue,and wall paper furniture when I was leaving.
You know I had to say that to this lazy fellow.

Unbelievable.
I've got a co-worker sitting in the drivers seat,and this home owner who I'd called ahead?
Now if this almost 63 year old trucker namely me,had to make this delivery by myself with all the help,not helping.

It sure is a funny world we truckers have to deal with.

Can I get a big AMEN?

I had a real good one just this last Friday.
I was doing an accident follow up ride along.
I had two large boxes of that junk furniture people love to buy and have to assemble.
Well it was pre-appointed.

I had a phone number on the DR.
So I called ahead from the stop before.
Not only to make sure they were home but seeing the combined weight was 260 lbs.
I wanted to know if they were going to help me?

A lady answers sounding very excited that here purchase was just a few minutes out.
She said she was waiting,her husband,and son were there to help.
My student pulled up a long side the curb at the house.
I told him to stay put I called and the home owner was going to help.
I go to open my trailer door.

I'd already layed the boxes on the floor very close to the tail.
I see the garage door open,and a big tall man standing in the door way watching me.
So I pulled off my hand cart,and started pulling these boxes,
I let them slide down the back edge of my trailer ,one by one.
Standing them on end on my hand cart.

I had to ram the ice dam to jump over the curb than up the driveway,between two cars ,with just enough room to get by their mirrors.

The whole time this guy didn't budge.
He says just stand them over against the door way.
So I did,he asked if I had something to sign?

I handed over the DR,and my pen.
I said print,and sign here pointing to the two lines.
He gets huffy,oh you want me to print too?

I had to tell this guy to have fun with his new sawdust,glue,and wall paper furniture when I was leaving.
You know I had to say that to this lazy fellow.

Unbelievable.
I've got a co-worker sitting in the drivers seat,and this home owner who I'd called ahead?
Now if this almost 63 year old trucker namely me,had to make this delivery by myself with all the help,not helping.

It sure is a funny world we truckers have to deal with.

Can I get a big AMEN?

Well all I have to say is this, When you called you should have told the customer this is a curbside delivery, and a curbside delivery only. Amen for being brave breaking through an ice damn, considering your age I would have had the trainee do it.

If the customer does'nt want to come and get it, leave it near the mailbox, after all the ice damn was a safety issue, you should have recognized that. No offence APO but we must draw the line somewhere.

Is this something they will be doing in all terminals ? or just a certain few?

Is this something they will be doing in all terminals ? or just a certain few?

Don't know. I was just shocked when I saw brownies at the terminal. Maybe one of the safety trainers would know more about this. I always try to spend the least amount of time I can at the terminal. Especailly with Big Brother lurking around.

Engineers?
No I haven't seen any around my terminal up till now.
It doesn't mean they won't come here.
But so far this is news to me,just like everyone else reading it on these truckingboards.

Do they ride with the city drivers,or do they follow along in their cars?

Or do these engineers let you go with them?
But that wouldn't make any sence unless they've got CDL's?
We've got to get our routes done no matter what they'er deal is.

The Diad tranining was started way back in August last year,and it didn't come to my terminal untill the first of February.
So if this process has just been introduced it may be a while before we see them here.

Don't know. I was just shocked when I saw brownies at the terminal. Maybe one of the safety trainers would know more about this. I always try to spend the least amount of time I can at the terminal. Especailly with Big Brother lurking around.

I guarentee at some point they will be all up in all our buisiness.....Like SLC is just getting hammered.....They will see us all in due time....Us small terminals will get away with our way ward ways for awhile.....Live it up while you can....

I cannot blame you there, We have had sales mgr's in our terminal from the package side ,I have seen nothing more.

They are gathering with our sales MGR.S selling freight and small package where applicable. If you ask me brown is into everything anyway.