R&L | New Terminal In Sanger Texas.

The city guys make more here if they got a long run with some stem time. I run 2 1/2 hours away.
But linehaul doesn’t have those horrible lift gate deliveries and trailers being loaded almost completely backwards at times. Some guys just have to roll with it and can’t rework it at the terminal. Some TM’s really watch the “yard time” and don’t want to hear excuses. At SAIA you were expected to be off the yard in 30 minutes and that includes your pre-trip. They really want it in 20 minutes which is totally unrealistic. Total bull crap!

Last edited:
But linehaul doesn’t have those horrible lift gate deliveries and trailers being loaded almost completely backwards at times. Some guys just have to roll with it and can’t rework it at the terminal. Some TM’s really watch the “yard time” and don’t want to hear excuses. At SAIA you were expected to be off the yard in 30 minutes and that includes your pre-trip. They really want it in 20 minutes which is totally unrealistic. Total bull crap!
Thankfully I ain’t runnin freight no more on the day it arrives, so no more waitin for linehaul drones that don’t know how to keep the left door shut.

And 20 mins is impossible, especially if you run different equipment every day. It MIGHT be doable if ya leave yer trucks hooked up overnight so ya ain’t gott mess with that too.

I started city driver and got to hate it for several reasons . People say its a day job but lots of times when your day finishes it's dark out . Then city drivers are the worst back stabbers . They want your route they want your truck and will lie behind your back to try get it. They always trying find out what every driver doing and how to get them in trouble so they can get better hours route or truck. Dispatch wants you treat every customer like it's your only customer but somehow get in and out in five minutes. Can't do both. Dispatch would run me to other guys routes to get his hand freight pick up because he was a suck up. Road driver less of all that drama and more money .
Ha. None of these new sissies wanna do what I do. They don’t wanna run that far away. :438:

It just depends on what you’re use to. A linehaul driver will say that the only way to go is linehaul while a city man will say the city is best. More city guys jump to linehaul because of the money and never look back and they grow accustomed to it. Driving at night on black ice was never my thing and I prefer to sleep in my own bed at night and money was never an issue for me. Not as many jump from linehaul to city through my experiences over the years but there are always exceptions. Linehaul drivers are a breed apart and honestly many are just strange and lack many social skills including myself back in the day. Not all but a very high percentage. City guys must have some social skills because they deal with customers all day. Linehaul pays more for a reason! Perhaps it’s not as physically demanding but mentally it can do a number on you. Too much windshield time and far to much time for the mind to drift. Linehaul drivers just loves to stir the rumor mill. It’s just there thing. LTL definitely isn’t for everyone. Some just want that no touch OTR crap. No thank you. I retired an LTL man and built a wonderful life. Finished my last 20 years in the city. Retired at 63 because I didn’t want to push my luck. This job can take it’s toll on your body and yes even linehaul. Pushing and pulling those gears around can slip a disc or lose or break some fingers. Good and bad to both city and linehaul. Thank God I came out of it with my health intact.
big difference between R+L and the others...they all pay 66 per mile while R+L pays 48....figure it out

It still blows my mind that a reported $15m was spent on opening the new facility in Sanger but the staff infrastructure was not in place (and still not in place) to successfully operate at expected R+L levels of performance. As of Friday the facility was still having 6 drivers travel from the DLS terminal to drive on routes in SGR. In addition, these drivers cannot log into their MDT and are not visible to the dispatcher for him to successfully complete P&D.
Inbound are not cutting off breaking freight until gone 9:30am resulting in routes not leaving the terminal until gone 10am in some cases as late as noon. This in turn has a domino affect on the dispatcher trying to coordinate swap appointments later in the day. As a whole the City drivers seem to be a good group but some who have transferred from Dallas are trying to stamp their authority around and are already causing issues within management. The first week was a horror show! So many missed P&Ds with drivers unable to be located due to issues with their tracking. Things have somewhat balanced and with a few new hires the terminal is starting to function normally. To open a brand new terminal and just move freight from only an hour away where it was being taken care of just fine was such a bizarre business and strategic move. Heads will role on this deal.... It’s just whose?

It still blows my mind that a reported $15m was spent on opening the new facility in Sanger but the staff infrastructure was not in place (and still not in place) to successfully operate at expected R+L levels of performance. As of Friday the facility was still having 6 drivers travel from the DLS terminal to drive on routes in SGR. In addition, these drivers cannot log into their MDT and are not visible to the dispatcher for him to successfully complete P&D.
Inbound are not cutting off breaking freight until gone 9:30am resulting in routes not leaving the terminal until gone 10am in some cases as late as noon. This in turn has a domino affect on the dispatcher trying to coordinate swap appointments later in the day. As a whole the City drivers seem to be a good group but some who have transferred from Dallas are trying to stamp their authority around and are already causing issues within management. The first week was a horror show! So many missed P&Ds with drivers unable to be located due to issues with their tracking. Things have somewhat balanced and with a few new hires the terminal is starting to function normally. To open a brand new terminal and just move freight from only an hour away where it was being taken care of just fine was such a bizarre business and strategic move. Heads will role on this deal.... It’s just whose?
Heads won't roll. This is typical R&L modus operandi. Step over dirty old dollar to pick up shiny new dime. Remember, three ways to do things:

1) the right way
2) the wrong way
3) THE R&L WAY!

Another week and still 6 DLS drivers a day traveling to Sanger. The majority with :shit:ty attitudes arriving at 10am and stating they need to be done by 4:30 to get back to the Dallas terminal. A lot of freight coming back on these routes and minimal help with Pick ups! Still no sight of new drivers and the longer this goes on the worse it’s going to get. Support from DLS is weakening and seems they’re using SGR as an excuse and throwing them under the bus.

Another week and still 6 DLS drivers a day traveling to Sanger. The majority with :shit:ty attitudes arriving at 10am and stating they need to be done by 4:30 to get back to the Dallas terminal. A lot of freight coming back on these routes and minimal help with Pick ups! Still no sight of new drivers and the longer this goes on the worse it’s going to get. Support from DLS is weakening and seems they’re using SGR as an excuse and throwing them under the bus.
And the worst has yet to come. It will almost be impossible to staff Sanger. There will always be massive turnover because of the nature of the Sanger location. It’s just in the middle of nowhere and traffic is horrible coming up 35E or 35W .... out of either Dallas or Fort Worth the traffic is absolutely horrid. Most drivers in Dallas live on the South side. No one will want to make that drive to Sanger.

I heard Sanger is filling routes with temps again. Obviously they are going against their better judgment now. Temps do nothing but destroy equipment and create service failures

I heard Sanger is filling routes with temps again. Obviously they are going against their better judgment now. Temps do nothing but destroy equipment and create service failures
If true, they are officially scraping the bottom of the barrel. Please say it isn’t so! R+L isn’t just some scrub line. They can do better. They must do better. May need to take a look at some new recruitment tools. Replace some incompetent recruiters. Maybe big sign on bonuses... Maybe a change in some of the management staff. Things are off the rails in Sanger it appears.

Last edited:
Temps do nothing but destroy equipment and create service failures
Any top level manager wouldn’t let this happen. It’s unacceptable! Nothing is worse than a temp and it shows complete desperation. Temps bring back so much freight and with that comes service failures that hurt the companies reputation. And when freight comes back it has a high percentage of getting damaged. This is just plain bad and hard for me to believe. R+L is better than this.

Last edited:
Any top level manager wouldn’t let this happen. It’s unacceptable! Nothing is worse than a temp and it shows complete desperation. Temps bring back so much freight and with that comes service failures that hurt the companies reputation. And when freight comes back it has a high percentage of getting damaged. This is just plain bad and hard for me to believe. R+L is better than this.

If they started off at or near top rate I'd consider applying lol.

Delivered somthin fron over thataway today. Origin terminal said SGR, but freight had DLS stickers on it.

Another week! Another update! Rumors of temp drivers is simply not true. 4 new drivers this week... The problem is DLS drivers traveling to SGR and returning back with half their freight from route. Hearing that dispatching these DLS drivers is becoming difficult in heavily freighted areas because dispatch can’t affectively give driver the PUs because of driver login issues. Silver bullets have returned and the week has definitely been the best one yet. Onwards and upwards

Side note- Pro labels have definitely been an issue with freight being labeled by both locations and being taken to the opposite

Another week! Another update! Rumors of temp drivers is simply not true. 4 new drivers this week... The problem is DLS drivers traveling to SGR and returning back with half their freight from route. Hearing that dispatching these DLS drivers is becoming difficult in heavily freighted areas because dispatch can’t affectively give driver the PUs because of driver login issues.
Maybe they hidin cuz they don’t wanna hafta to all the do-nuthin MFer’s work for em. Easy to git fed up with that real quick.

Side note- Pro labels have definitely been an issue with freight being labeled by both locations and being taken to the opposite
Why are the idiots not usin Sanger’s pro books to do Sanger’s pickups?