Yellow | New Terminal

Yeah, in Northwest Indiana! Getting the flock out of Crook county and Illinois.
Is there still a freight barn in Danville, IL? That's where the old P-I-E breakbulk was at one time. It was far enough outside of the Local 705 and Local 710 jurisdictions.

Is there still a freight barn in Danville, IL? That's where the old P-I-E breakbulk was at one time. It was far enough outside of the Local 705 and Local 710 jurisdictions.
This is from what I was told by a guy in the know at a dinner we were at that they have more freight now per day than 309 can handle and that the mayor of Chicago Ridge is giving them a big rake off on the city taxes if they want to come back . Welch know 's they can't sell that terminal so they would be better off utilizing it . Why pay 2 mil to open an other terminal in Chicago when they could put that money into the ridge and have one that they own and not have to pay those big Chicago tax's . They ran Chicago for close to 29 years out of that terminal just fine . BTW I don't think 705 or 710 serve much of a threat as they may have at one time . Looks like YRC has its own way with them now a days .

309 is currently under utilized. Who ever told you otherwise has no clue. Also it would cost many millions to repair 301 not to mention close to a million to relocate back there from 309.
Just why would YRCF move to a smaller terminal? There is more yard space at 301, but unless we're going to warehouse customer freight in trailers why go back? 309 is far and away the better choice. And that is a fact borne out by $bill's decision to consolidate the Chicago operation there and not 301.

309 is currently under utilized. Who ever told you otherwise has no clue. Also it would cost many millions to repair 301 not to mention close to a million to relocate back there from 309.
Just why would YRCF move to a smaller terminal? There is more yard space at 301, but unless we're going to warehouse customer freight in trailers why go back? 309 is far and away the better choice. And that is a fact borne out by $bill's decision to consolidate the Chicago operation there and not 301.
Al,do you know anything about Chippewa Motor Freight ? Just asking .

F-ingham was the worst hole that you can imagine! Everything bad happened there!
The problem with Effingham was the farmers on the dock , come time for planting and harvest time they all took off F Yellow . At least when they came the CGB /300 they had a steady work force here .

At last count it was projected somewhere around 2mil . Does anyone here have an idea on what would caused so much damage to a terminal . Many think that a certain Roadway manager had the place gutted to make sure that CGB would never open again so that he would be closer from his home to work at 309 . Heard he was fired . I could be wrong . Tell me if I am .

Al,do you know anything about Chippewa Motor Freight ? Just asking .
Not really. Although the #1 man on the 309 road driver seniority list when I hired on came from Chippewa. And I know that the Conway terminal on Harlem was a CW terminal. Was the Niedert terminal a Chippewa?

Not really. Although the #1 man on the 309 road driver seniority list when I hired on came from Chippewa. And I know that the Conway terminal on Harlem was a CW terminal. Was the Niedert terminal a Chippewa?
The Con Way terminal on Harlem was originally built for Viking but Spector bought them b/4 they could move in . Mason Dixon then bought it . Chippewa was on State Rd. next to Suburban Motor Freight .That is the old Eastern Express dock that moved to So. Holland at I 80 and Halsted Street the same one that Overnite was in . As far as the Neidert terninal that was once BE -Mac 's dock . After Neidert went broke we bought it for our city dock . Central Wisconsin (CW ) was at 71st & Harlem then Consolidated Freight ways bought it .

Wasn't Gateway/Maslin in at the road side of the YRC terminal at 103&Harlem at one time?
Yes , Gateway built that terminal on 52 archers of swamp land around 1970 . I remember going to Gateway on interlines when they were on Wood Street just south of Blue Island Ave . Holland , Ziffrin , Navajo ,TMX and a few others were back there . Terminal Transport ,Claremont and McLean were on the other side of Gateway just to the east . Terminal Transport had two docks one on 47th, and that one on Paulina for interline receiving . We had some good times back then .

I knew that Gateway built 301. I believe it opened in 1969. I'm more interested in knowing about the history of all those terminals on Cicero Ave between I-55 and Ogden Ave.

I knew that Gateway built 301. I believe it opened in 1969. I'm more interested in knowing about the history of all those terminals on Cicero Ave between I-55 and Ogden Ave.
Their all gone unfortunately and they were all union . Heading north down Cicero ave. on the west side of Ciero was IML that boarded our Yellow terminal and across the street from our ternimal was Advance Transportation and behind them down a little road was Overnite from Rockford (not the one that everyone is thinking ) . Next to IML was Cambell 66 then that dirty old truck stop then M&S transport . On the east side of Ciero ave was Daum Overnite with the blue trucks then Central Motor lines out of North Carolina , they used Sewart Crtg. for their city work then back in the hole there was Bonifield Bros . Rooks Transfer, United Buckingham , Jones Truck lines, Arrow Transit, Scott Truck Lines Even Be Mac had their terminal at the end of the street . There was an other one South West Motor kinda an odd ball out fit because no one ever saw them on the street didn't know any one that worked for them either . There were a couple of small cartage outfits back there as well . Some of these out fits were bought out and then went under do to bad management like Ringsby buying out United Buckingham and Norwalk they moved to their new dock at 66 and 1 st. ave Estes is in there now . Others just went out .:1036316054: