ODFL | New Tractors

It seems to vary from region to region. I heard 7yr/900k a few years back, then bumped to 9yrs and didn't hear a mileage, however I have personally seen tractors older than this with over a million miles so its anyone's guess. I'll ask and see what I can find and post later. Id say to ask Kenneth, but he is only exposed to the newest, lowest mileage equipment that we have so that's no good.... :LMAO::27::busted::hide:

So what your saying is if I ever get a brand new truck I can ask Kenneth how to properly remove the plastic off the seats?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Not sure on policy.They are selling off 02-04 now.There are several company's that buy them up.They will sit on GBO yard for month's&month's&then towing company will come out&they will lift&hook them together&send out.I do know that we are not selling trailer's anymore.They all go straight back to Indy.they getting more money for them.to answer the ? on removing plastic.Haven't figured that one out.The only new tractor's that get put in local are the new tandem's .every year we will get several in&they are replaced with the one's that are run in local.then they will send the other's out to other term's.We have several line driver's who have assign'd screw's&have a couple extra's

My assign's is a 07 with almost 800,000 on it.love my brand new tractor.:hysterical:
It seems to vary from region to region. I heard 7yr/900k a few years back, then bumped to 9yrs and didn't hear a mileage, however I have personally seen tractors older than this with over a million miles so its anyone's guess. I'll ask and see what I can find and post later. Id say to ask Kenneth, but he is only exposed to the newest, lowest mileage equipment that we have so that's no good.... :LMAO::27::busted::hide:

I was just wondering because we have at least 5 line trucks (about 15 total line trucks) that have 950000+ and are always on the dead line, we do not have a shop so we are always waiting around for a truck to show up and/or sent home due to not having a truck to drive. Just seems odd to me. I worked for a real crappy place before here and they always got their trucks fixed.

Not sure on policy.They are selling off 02-04 now.There are several company's that buy them up.They will sit on GBO yard for month's&month's&then towing company will come out&they will lift&hook them together&send out.I do know that we are not selling trailer's anymore.They all go straight back to Indy.they getting more money for them.to answer the ? on removing plastic.Haven't figured that one out.The only new tractor's that get put in local are the new tandem's .every year we will get several in&they are replaced with the one's that are run in local.then they will send the other's out to other term's.We have several line driver's who have assign'd screw's&have a couple extra's

We don't have any screws here in BAL, be nice to have at least one with some of the heavy weight we pull in the city

I was just wondering because we have at least 5 line trucks (about 15 total line trucks) that have 950000+ and are always on the dead line, we do not have a shop so we are always waiting around for a truck to show up and/or sent home due to not having a truck to drive. Just seems odd to me. I worked for a real crappy place before here and they always got their trucks fixed.

Very odd because I have worked for 3 separate OD service centers and they would NEVER allow that to happen. I might have to question whoever is in charge of maintenance at your center. Btw, where are you out of? Believe it or not part of our sales literature covers the fact that we have far less breakdown instances than our industry peers which makes us a more reliable choice. I'm sure the big guys in NC wouldn't be happy to hear about your situation.

yep!!someone need's to make a call tp corp.
Very odd because I have worked for 3 separate OD service centers and they would NEVER allow that to happen. I might have to question whoever is in charge of maintenance at your center. Btw, where are you out of? Believe it or not part of our sales literature covers the fact that we have far less breakdown instances than our industry peers which makes us a more reliable choice. I'm sure the big guys in NC wouldn't be happy to hear about your situation.

I am not going to advertise where I am from other than I am out west, but you are right, the person in charge of maintenance has no back bone when talking to the shop on trying to get things approved to fix local, or just fixed in general. Not to long ago we had a truck sit for 6 days with 1 flat tire........... Even bid guys have a hard time finding a truck to drive because their trucks are broke down. At least I know it is a local issue now.

Believe you need to make a little call.Open Door Policy alway's work's.I would say you need to get some of the driver's to call or write corp with your concern's.Also,if you want the name of a good contact to address the problem in box me&I will give you a contact
I am not going to advertise where I am from other than I am out west, but you are right, the person in charge of maintenance has no back bone when talking to the shop on trying to get things approved to fix local, or just fixed in general. Not to long ago we had a truck sit for 6 days with 1 flat tire........... Even bid guys have a hard time finding a truck to drive because their trucks are broke down. At least I know it is a local issue now.

Hell, give me an old beater truck...as long as the heat and AC works, I'm cool... Plus, if you put a scratch on it, nobody would notice or care.

I just want a truck that no one has smoked in!! Quit letting others damage my health and make a NO SMOKING Policy OD!!!

I just want a truck that no one has smoked in!! Quit letting others damage my health and make a NO SMOKING Policy OD!!!

Our term manager tries to hook up the smokers to share trucks and the non smokers to share trucks, have you brought this to the attention of your term manager?

Sounds like a T/M trying to nurse his OR!

Understand you don't like the smell, neither do I. Yet odor is not a health issue, if the smoke is still in the air, it would be. The Old Spice of certain drivers make me gag, (actually allergic to certain colognes or perfumes) it's a hated smell, yet know used to cover BO that certain persons give off, (Not a bathing issue, body chemical imbalance). Chemicals that make "New Car" odor also annoy. Carry a bottle of "Odor Out". Takes out ALL smells. Sister uses to detail used cars for resale. Libertarian mentality. Prefer to take course to improve situation on my own. Last terminal, had unassigned wild tractors, now do truck swaps regularly, prefer to solve and deal with issues myself, don't need others to fix.