TForce | New VP of Nor'east

Well at least he's a freight man.
In my opinion its way to early having parcel people at the top of our food chain.
You all must agree that parcel people know everything about parcel operations to turn a profit.
Freight people know how to run freight.
We are worlds apart even though we are all under the same UPS name.

How many can remember when Union Pacific,tryed to boot all the freight top brass,to be replaced by rail road people that were totally cluless about running a freight company.
The only reason we didn't get liquidated back then in my opinion UP paid to much for Overnite,and could only get their money out of them,if the company kept running.

So there you go UPS is playing it safe,by keeping freight people in the high tower for now!

There will be more leaving in the next six months, but I am always amused by those that say they are ready to see the UPS hammer drop. When they are through with those they gave golden parachutes they will be after the employees. See if you like the work rules that come about in the next year. As weak as some of the overnite group was, we might might miss their incompetence in some forms in the near future.

Well at least he's a freight man.
In my opinion its way to early having parcel people at the top of our food chain.
You all must agree that parcel people know everything about parcel operations to turn a profit.
Freight people know how to run freight.
We are worlds apart even though we are all under the same UPS name.

How many can remember when Union Pacific,tryed to boot all the freight top brass,to be replaced by rail road people that were totally cluless about running a freight company.
The only reason we didn't get liquidated back then in my opinion UP paid to much for Overnite,and could only get their money out of them,if the company kept running.

So there you go UPS is playing it safe,by keeping freight people in the high tower for now!

Apo, you could not be more right. I was told as their people are exposed and trained, more will make the transition. They are not about to give up key people at this time to work over here. Rememeber these people will not only come from package, but from IE, IT, SCS, Cartage Services, etc. as well as promising untapped talent from "O"/"MC" and outside industries.

I guess you dont talk to the same people I talk to:hysterical:I hear it is run like a slave camp:chairshot:

Sorry Crazy but you know we talk to the same people. Maybe they have different opinions based on who they talk to to. \\I have bumped into Greg, Art and Joe in the last few months and all have "seemed" pretty happy.

Who knows????

If Bob C the problem over there, if so that would be a shame.

There will be more leaving in the next six months, but I am always amused by those that say they are ready to see the UPS hammer drop. When they are through with those they gave golden parachutes they will be after the employees. See if you like the work rules that come about in the next year. As weak as some of the overnite group was, we might might miss their incompetence in some forms in the near future.
MFASU, I believe what the consensus is saying about the hammer is that we are tired of the half a$$ backwards, not responsible, unprofessional way "O"/"MC" does business. Remember the fish rots from the head!!! I worked at brown years ago. The hammer they are refering to is more akin to an ANVIL!!! I know what we're in for. As my manager said recently, some will adapt, some will quit and others will be shown the door. Why do you think we are hiring at such a high rate? TURN OVER. For those who are on the verge of quitting, I would hang on a little longer and see what comes of the IBT negotiations. And to the people who are on the verge of getting fired, see ya!!! We don't need your dead beat a$$es clogging up the work load any more than it is. Besides we have enough dead wood.

Here is my story and I am sticking to it.

If anyone has ever worked for Con-way, they will already be accustomed to being consistently micro-managed on a daily basis. This will inevitably be their advantage to the UPS hammer.
I know many many Con-way drivers that have migrated over to UPSF and we would agree, They are too lenient and backasswards in many things. There is no true accountability on certain things.

I see many many loose ends in the Overnite/UPS merger and what UPS is doing is tightening those loose ends so that we are the tightest ship and not our competition.

I would rather not mention them on these boards and just enjoy the mini-cake walk vacation I am having. :hide:
I talk to many UPS parcel drivers and they tell me how they are micro-managed and tracked via their Diads. If your an honest person than it should be no problem.
I come to work and do an honest days work for a....a....overtime after 42.:biglaugh: Thats my issue and hope it gets resolved.

It's not hard to adjust to new things, just stay positive and incorporate them into your daily duties.

I think we are all used to
*Wearing a safety vest?
*Beeping the horn prior to backing?
*Turning off the tractor and removing the key?
*Using the Smith System on a daily basis?
*Not walking under an overhead door?
*Using the yellow brick road squares?
*Not double dipping as you arrive and claim points?
*ETC....

If you haven't conformed already, than you guys are in for some serious pooh pooh.

I understand that UPS/Overnite are still going through growing pains but I really feel we as a TEAM are going to kick some major booty. I know my barn is.
As MC Hammer rapped....It's Hamma Time!

MFASU, I believe what the consensus is saying about the hammer is that we are tired of the half a$$ backwards, not responsible, unprofessional way "O"/"MC" does business. Remember the fish rots from the head!!! I worked at brown years ago. The hammer they are refering to is more akin to an ANVIL!!! I know what we're in for. As my manager said recently, some will adapt, some will quit and others will be shown the door. Why do you think we are hiring at such a high rate? TURN OVER. For those who are on the verge of quitting, I would hang on a little longer and see what comes of the IBT negotiations. And to the people who are on the verge of getting fired, see ya!!! We don't need your dead beat a$$es clogging up the work load any more than it is. Besides we have enough dead wood.

Great Post! :1036316054:
Coming from the Darkside, I am amazed at people who would think of quitting here.
It's a cake walk and the exisiting issues are being hammered out on both sides of the coin.

I do not disagree that overnite and especially motor cargo management is and was weak and inconsistent. I just do not see a big difference in the new UPS mgmt over the past two years they have owned us. This will work to our favor as I beleive that UPS wants to Union to help them restructure the mess that was Overnite and Motor Cargo. Time will tell if UPS is a hammer or a true instrument of change. UPS does not have a great track record with buying companies and making them successful is all I am saying and I think we give them too much credit that is undeserved in many cases. I can not argue with the success they have had on the small pack side as they created this world over 100 years, but they are not very adapt on building success outside of that core concept. Just want everyone to think, before anyone puts too much faith in UPS mgmt team. I beleive a teamster union contract will help all parties concerned.

I do not disagree that overnite and especially motor cargo management is and was weak and inconsistent. I just do not see a big difference in the new UPS mgmt over the past two years they have owned us. This will work to our favor as I beleive that UPS wants to Union to help them restructure the mess that was Overnite and Motor Cargo. Time will tell if UPS is a hammer or a true instrument of change. UPS does not have a great track record with buying companies and making them successful is all I am saying and I think we give them too much credit that is undeserved in many cases. I can not argue with the success they have had on the small pack side as they created this world over 100 years, but they are not very adapt on building success outside of that core concept. Just want everyone to think, before anyone puts too much faith in UPS mgmt team. I beleive a teamster union contract will help all parties concerned.

First of all, most of what UPS has bought and built from the ground up is successfull. Menlo was in the hole trifold when they were purchased.

2 years for any business, particularly this size, is not long enough to even get the ball rolling.

For any new business to succeed there is a 5 year migration period after the buyout, we have seen some changes thus far, but I am sure alot more is on the way.

If you take the labor movement too unionize, this in itself is a big change and must be out of the way inorder for new things to evolve.

As far as turnover is concearned, the less you pay out in longterm benifits, the more profitable a company is over time.

We need another good 3-4 years before we see the changes being made now, as small as they may be, before we see it in the wway we do things.

Menlo Logistics was the largest 3PL in the world since being bought by UPS they are 1/3the size. Fritz was one of the best know NVOCC's in the world now they are but a shell of their former self, Mail Box Etc...now the UPS Stores are in decline and over 200 stores have a class action suit against UPS for under cutting the rates on these franchises which has been in the papers through out the country. The Wall Street Journal had an article about 2 months ago where the CEO said is was the worst revenue % since he has been with the Companhy. I am not saying the UPS is going out of business but what is holding them up and quite nicely is they bought the China rights. They are the big cog in the Asian invasion. UPGF has lost money the last two years, but you will see different in the financials going foward because their people will have to take responsibillty for the losses. Read their own books and they will tell you they have failed at the other business ventures. Regardless of the failures it was the best thing that could have ever happened for the employees from a financial stand point. We will all have a Companhy that will be financial secure engough for even a 1 yr new hire to retire.

Menlo Logistics was the largest 3PL in the world since being bought by UPS they are 1/3the size. Fritz was one of the best know NVOCC's in the world now they are but a shell of their former self, Mail Box Etc...now the UPS Stores are in decline and over 200 stores have a class action suit against UPS for under cutting the rates on these franchises which has been in the papers through out the country. The Wall Street Journal had an article about 2 months ago where the CEO said is was the worst revenue % since he has been with the Companhy. I am not saying the UPS is going out of business but what is holding them up and quite nicely is they bought the China rights. They are the big cog in the Asian invasion. UPGF has lost money the last two years, but you will see different in the financials going foward because their people will have to take responsibillty for the losses. Read their own books and they will tell you they have failed at the other business ventures. Regardless of the failures it was the best thing that could have ever happened for the employees from a financial stand point. We will all have a Companhy that will be financial secure engough for even a 1 yr new hire to retire.

Menlo\ former emery, was loosing monies hand over fist, and was spun off from CNF to UPS for asian landing rights, CNF over the past several years has been spinning off companies that have been dragging the bottom line down and had been building on those that were extremely profitable. And endevor to become part of the new worldwide 3PL club.

You can find this on the P\L report advertised on thier own FORBES article.

Secondly any company going through operational changes will loose monies, it's a known fact too anyone in business.

Fritz forwarders was a very large and profitable air and ocean forwarder, as well as a complete line of customes bonded facilities tied to almost every industrialized country.

What made them unprofitable was the changes each of these entities had to indure becomming a part of UPS, and the changes in the world economy, UPS was paying attention more to the shield as opposed too the economical crisis facing all air and ocean brokers.

The profit loss in both of these entaties is not unique too UPS but to alot of brokers worlwide that is doing the same, as we speak. Cosolidation will rule the ugly head, and the end result is a drag on the bottom line until they prove a return.

Now put into play, new laws pertaining too the way things are shipped in the horizon of terrorism, and the lack of diplomacy between companies, and many more obsticles too come.

UPS, FEDEX, and eventually DHL is and will be part of the new and upcomming 3PL'S , and many more companies are going through the same transitions to be part of the new shipping world. And the loses each of these companies weather while becomming a new 3PL entatie.

Menlo\ former emery, was loosing monies hand over fist, and was spun off from CNF to UPS for asian landing rights, CNF over the past several years has been spinning off companies that have been dragging the bottom line down and had been building on those that were extremely profitable. And endevor to become part of the new worldwide 3PL club.

You can find this on the P\L report advertised on thier own FORBES article.

Secondly any company going through operational changes will loose monies, it's a known fact too anyone in business.

Fritz forwarders was a very large and profitable air and ocean forwarder, as well as a complete line of customes bonded facilities tied to almost every industrialized country.

What made them unprofitable was the changes each of these entities had to indure becomming a part of UPS, and the changes in the world economy, UPS was paying attention more to the shield as opposed too the economical crisis facing all air and ocean brokers.

The profit loss in both of these entaties is not unique too UPS but to alot of brokers worlwide that is doing the same, as we speak. Cosolidation will rule the ugly head, and the end result is a drag on the bottom line until they prove a return.

Now put into play, new laws pertaining too the way things are shipped in the horizon of terrorism, and the lack of diplomacy between companies, and many more obsticles too come.

UPS, FEDEX, and eventually DHL is and will be part of the new and upcomming 3PL'S , and many more companies are going through the same transitions to be part of the new shipping world. And the loses each of these companies weather while becomming a new 3PL entatie.

Nice to know everything is going good. :biglaugh:

But you better check your facts a little more about UPSF not making money.

We did real good last quarter...

Nice to know everything is going good. :biglaugh:

But you better check your facts a little more about UPSF not making money.

We did real good last quarter...

Well actually, I had said in a post prior to this, second quarter we had grown 12%, and I am actually speaking in referrance to what UPS wants to see us turn for #'s is much greater then what we were making, I was'nt inferring we were not making profit, and If I did, I apolagize. As a matter of fact we are still turning profit scince the buyout. I would say we are weathering the soft economy very well.

And by the way , "Hello Duke" it's nice to have you amongst us again.:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

I think the duke was talking to you!!!!
We, UPSF, has been making monies before and after the buyout. with a 12% growth rate in the second quarter.

Well actually, I had said in a post prior to this, second quarter we had grown 12%, and I am actually speaking in referrance to what UPS wants to see us turn for #'s is much greater then what we were making, I was'nt inferring we were not making profit, and If I did, I apolagize. As a matter of fact we are still turning profit scince the buyout. I would say we are weathering the soft economy very well.

And by the way , "Hello Duke" it's nice to have you amongst us again.:smilie_132: :smilie_132: