XPO | New Years Eve

Leftovers

TB Lurker
Credits
I hope everyone has a good new year.But what is the work schedule around your barn. This should be a paid holiday. Management gets paid for it. What do other LTL companys do.

That's the nice thing for those who have saved vacation days or PTO days. They can get paid for this day off. However, I do believe that since they are opting to not run full operations the company should pay for this day off.

I talked to a fedex driver and he said they were completly shut down. I would assume that that would be their whole system. But he said they still only get paid for one day unless you have vacation of personal time. I know we're not shut down. Atleast not completely anyway. Do they not run any linehaul on New Year's eve?

if you read the memo on the bullitin board, the only one who will run is daytime, only if they can fill the trailers both ways. they run nightime in the past when new years fall in the middle of the week on to the weekend.

if you read the memo on the bullitin board, the only one who will run is daytime, only if they can fill the trailers both ways. they run nightime in the past when new years fall in the middle of the week on to the weekend.
Guess I don't read the bulletin board. I haven't read the bulletin board since the Aggie left.

They used to pay it but in the early 90's switched New Year's Eve to a floating holiday to be used anytime. There were no "black out days".

I'm good with that as you can still use it on New Year's Eve, if you wish. Nothing lost and only flexability gained on the part of all employees. But don't be surprised if they switch it back to better our number one competetive edge.

I thought work was ask top guys/gals first, force from the bottom up. This must be another rule written on the grease board! Or in pencil! ROFL......:hysterical:

+1.

Asked from top, force from bottom. Same policy applies for this as does Saturday LH.

We had 4 slots open for Monday work. Me, being bottom of a 21 slot board( 4 flex below me) got the last slot. Most of the guys cashed in their left over PTO day, and some just said no thanks. I said yes, so too bad for the 4 flex guys who dont get paid.

Gonna be easy day though. Come in at 8, strip some trailers, deliver local/guarunteed freight, go home.

+1.

Asked from top, force from bottom. Same policy applies for this as does Saturday LH.

We had 4 slots open for Monday work. Me, being bottom of a 21 slot board( 4 flex below me) got the last slot. Most of the guys cashed in their left over PTO day, and some just said no thanks. I said yes, so too bad for the 4 flex guys who dont get paid.

Sounds as though you are asserting your senority.

+1.

Gonna be easy day though. Come in at 8, strip some trailers, deliver local/guarunteed freight, go home.
our city flex board is forced to work Monday then all other slots are fill by seniority

+1.

we have no ops. on monday. but wedsday, is another story. they are forcing from the top to fill in on weds.

Wensday is a normal workday. And how can they force from the top, its allways been force from the bottom.
actualy we here at xcw, fremont IN. we are a small barn. so every thing has been closed for the past couple of weeks. We have been trapping trailers with freight. so, with the overflow,some of us that would not normaly start till after line haul wed. have to come in to help out. from the top down. they do not want to use the flex drivers.