ABF | Next Contract

So you are suggesting that we take an $8.16 per hour pay cut? With the amount currently paid by our employer for our pension and our insurance, we currently make $46.66 per hour. How much is your hourly rate with pension and insurance that is paid on your behalf by your employer added in?
It's considerably more than $46.66.
You failed to factor in the time paid for but not worked. Holidays, vacations, sick days, funeral leave etc. are all paid time that must come from somewhere. For example: 40 hours @ $25 an hour ( just an easy number to use ) would be $1000.00. Labor day week with a holidays paid but not worked, is also $1000.00 but only 32 hours worked. That's $31.25 per hour in wages only.

It's considerably more than $46.66.
You failed to factor in the time paid for but not worked. Holidays, vacations, sick days, funeral leave etc. are all paid time that must come from somewhere. For example: 40 hours @ $25 an hour ( just an easy number to use ) would be $1000.00. Labor day week with a holidays paid but not worked, is also $1000.00 but only 32 hours worked. That's $31.25 per hour in wages only.
I totally agree Blade, but my point to NFBuddy was in response to his ridiculous suggestion about not settling for anything short of a wage only bump to $38.50 per hour. On another thread, he stated we should go after a minimum of $9.00 an hour the first year and $3.00 an hour for each year after that. That is why I asked him to post what his pay was (wages, pension, insurance paid for by the employer) when he was in the freight business. You and I rarely agree, but you are correct about Holidays, Vacation time, and paid sick leave being part of the compensation package. We are only looking to get a fair increase in pay, benefits and work rules. We are not looking to bankrupt the company. Nobody wins in that situation.

I’ve got your Sparky on my butt. Just put your lips on it when you need a recharge. Again, what was your pay per hour figuring in hourly rate, pension, and insurance paid by your employer when you actually were in the freight business? Can’t answer, then move along Troll.
I can eaisly answer it,and I quit because of it (lack of)