FedEx Freight | Nine dead in I-5 crash involving tour bus & FedEx Freight

This probably also means that CNN won't have to do 5 weeks of wall to wall coverage looking for the "black boxes" of the FXF truck.
It is back to covering the Malaysia 370 flight for them.
Bad news means good ratings.

I worked for Roadway for 3 yrs.....everything worked for the most part, but I 'll tell ya, some of the crap made you wonder weather or not it'd work when you needed it the most!

The posts I read on the FedEx Freight forum so remind me of the 28 years I spent at Roadway.

Just Horrible... That's why we as drivers cant take daily driving as AS USUAL!! Anything happens ALL THE TIME! Slowing down versus I GOTTA GO isn't always good. Not saying that happened here.. Pray for those lost and families involved!

Tell this to evertyone on the road, to many people in way to big of a hurry to go nowhere these days!

If this is an equipment issue, however, we have a major frickin problem....as freight drivers as a whole....union or not!

I agree if it is an equipment issue it's a wake up call for all companies...

Because I haven't seen any old FedEx trucks running north or south...

This could be something new and faulty...

What occurred is an accident. ANY speculation regarding cause is just that SPECULATION. The unusually graphic nature of the photos only adds to the prurient appeal. It is why the media has fixated on it. I don't know if I'm comfortable attributing the coverage to Union versus Non-Union.

Rosekind said investigators have found the electronic control module – a data box that records information about vehicle movements – for the bus and will analyze it. The data box for the FedEx truck, however, was destroyed in the crash, he said. The CHP has taken blood samples from the drivers of both the truck and the bus to be tested for alcohol, medications and illegal drugs, Rosekind said. He emphasized that the investigation had only just started and asked witnesses to contact authorities.

“We’re not going to speculate” on what caused the crash, he said. “We can’t go there yet.”
Mark Rosekind, NTSB spokesman.

Investigators with access to facts, which BTW no one here has, have NOT SPECULATED on cause. I posted earlier, a request to refrain from assigning blame. Now is the time for us to pray for all those who's lives were ended. As well as those who's lives will NEVER be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep the thread updated with new findings in the investigation. I am guessing by the time new info comes out it won't be heard by the majority of the country.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I would like to respectfully ask the forum members to please show respect for those who perished in this tragedy, we don't know any facts or cause and no matter the outcome of the investigation it's still a tragedy and my heart hurts for all those involve as well as the family members of the deceased. As a professional driver, this is a risk we all live with daily and we don't need people in the same profession throwing stones because none of us are immune to a situation like this. Please don't speculate, the media will do enough of that for everyone. I would suggest not getting into arguments on social media regardless how you feel, some people are on social media to do nothing but troll for a reaction .

If this is an equipment issue, however, we have a major frickin problem....as freight drivers as a whole....union or not!

Does anyone know if this was a LNG unit that Fedex has been testing ? I am not a big fan of the newer trucks that brake for you either.

I know that I have heard every story about everyone on the bus including the chaperones on every news station, but I have yet to hear one mention of a family man that perished in this horrible accident and left behind a wife and two young children. And to be fair, I have heard nothing about the bus driver who also will never go home again.

CNN is an acronym for the Communist News Network. The fact is, because FedEx is Non-Union, they are being crucified. I would almost go as far as saying if it was UPS, the headline would have been "Tractor Trailer hits bus". All pics would have been confiscated. But... it was us, so the headline was "FedEx truck hits bus and kills 10' Then they emphasize that it was a bus of low income, minority students who were visiting a college. It is the perfect story for CNN and MSNBC. If it was a UPS hitting a bus of wealthy white kids it would have been a non story to CNN. It is what it is.

That's a bunch of bullcrap and you know it !!!!!!