FedEx Freight | Nine dead in I-5 crash involving tour bus & FedEx Freight

CNN is an acronym for the Communist News Network. The fact is, because FedEx is Non-Union, they are being crucified. I would almost go as far as saying if it was UPS, the headline would have been "Tractor Trailer hits bus". All pics would have been confiscated. But... it was us, so the headline was "FedEx truck hits bus and kills 10' Then they emphasize that it was a bus of low income, minority students who were visiting a college. It is the perfect story for CNN and MSNBC. If it was a UPS hitting a bus of wealthy white kids it would have been a non story to CNN. It is what it is.

WOW!, I did not see UPS or the union mentioned any where in this tragedy or even how they are related. I suppose this accident will now become a UPS union debate..............how sad!

I would like to respectfully ask the forum members to please show respect for those who perished in this tragedy, we don't know any facts or cause and no matter the outcome of the investigation it's still a tragedy and my heart hurts for all those involve as well as the family members of the deceased. As a professional driver, this is a risk we all live with daily and we don't need people in the same profession throwing stones because none of us are immune to a situation like this. Please don't speculate, the media will do enough of that for everyone. I would suggest not getting into arguments on social media regardless how you feel, some people are on social media to do nothing but troll for a reaction .

Well said Jeff , thank you...

Nothing but respect.
Don't even want to think about what the drivers were thinking. I'm sure both drivers did everything possible to avoid the events that happened.
The press or State Police at the top of everything first mentioned that our driver might have fallen asleep as the direct cause..I think that that may have hurt, before they had all of the facts.
Thoughts and prayers to all.
Now Team Fed-X has a black eye so to speak, and we as drivers have to pull ahead to prove as that we CAN do the job in a safe manor,and get some trust back.
I'm sure that there will be changes and we might loose some freight, for awhile.
It's going to take awhile to gain the trust back...
Knowing this, we as drivers just have to go out there everyday day and be on our A GAME...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing but respect.
Don't even want to think about what the drivers were thinking. I'm sure both drivers did everything possible to avoid the events that happened.
The press or State Police at the top of everything first mentioned that our driver might have fallen asleep as the direct cause..I think that that may have hurt, before they had all of the facts.
Thoughts and prayers to all.
Now Team Fed-X has a black eye so to speak, and we as drivers have to pull ahead to prove as that we CAN do the job in a safe manor,and get some trust back.
I'm sure that there will be changes and we might loose some freight, for awhile.
It's going to take awhile to gain the trust back...
Knowing this, we as drivers just have to go out there everyday day and be on our A GAME...

You can expect that from a news hungry lame press that he may of fell asleep. But if the police or highway patrol said that he or she should be reprimanded...

Article says the company has not released the name of the employee so I have censored his last name until the media releases it.

I just got a link to an article naming him so disregard the last post

Article says the company has not released the name of the employee so I have censored his last name until the media releases it.

He was heading home to Elk Grove, to what he loved best: his wife, who had been his high school sweetheart, and his two young daughters.

Federal investigators say they are only beginning to examine what caused FedEx driver Tim Evans, a lifelong Sacramentan, to veer into oncoming traffic on Interstate 5 Thursday evening, smashing headlong into a bus carrying 44 Southern California high school students and their chaperones going to visit Humboldt State University.

http://m.sacbee.com/sacramento/db_99761/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=t6hgHxFf

Guardrail

Last edited by a moderator:
Rarely post on here but some of you guys are way off. Show some respect doesn't matter what the company is or union or nonunion it's a tragedy! For everyone involved & the industry as a whole. Never know when it can happen to you. Seen way better drivers than me have a mishap and either not have a job with us or not be on this earth any more. This shows two things in my mind try not leave home with out telling your fam you love them and that none of us are invincible. Drive safe fellow drivers!

My prayers go out to all families involved. i refuse to listen to speculation! Lets all have respect for the families and wait for the facts. i t does not matter fedex or owner operator or mom and pop operation lets not judge before the facts come in. Everyone be safe out there

When I was 12yrs old my father (20+yr safe driver for PIE) died in a similar accident. Last thing he said to the driver behind him was " I heard something pop". Seconds later he went off the road into some trees. Luckily no one else was involved. Truck was on fire before it stopped. He lived for 12hrs before succumbing to his burns, but not before my mom got ro say goodbye. If it wasn't for the driver following him the police were ready to say he fell asleep. Although they never did find a cause due to the condition of the wreckage, it never mattered to me. I didn't have a dad anymore.

I think we should wait for the report, and when it comes out. Thank our lucky stars it wasn't us, our kids or our family involved. The driver didn't set out to hurt anyone and finding issue with the company or equipment isn't what's needed.

What I do remember was the terminal manger showing up with over $1,000.00 in cash he collected on his way out of the terminal to our house to give my mom a ride to NJ where the accident happened.

So if there is a fund, let me know. The check will be in the mail tomorrow.

I have been reading this thread because I drive LTL and my heart goes out to this driver and his family not to mention each and every FED-EX driver. I am an ABF driver and each day I drive I pass many FED-EX drivers on my run, I wave and some wave back, some don't. I am Union, you all are not. I get it. But we are all drivers, we all have families and we all have one thing in common, We just haul a bunch of dumb boxes and perishing doing it just isn't right. I reach out to you and ask in this mans memory to not make the coverage or any aspect of this about union vs non union.. We are all united in the fact we drive and we earn and we love our country and our families and at the end of the day we would likely pull over and give our lives to save each other!! God Bless.

If you guys want to start a fund you can go here
GoFundMe: #1 for Crowdfunding & Fundraising Websites

This is a website that handles all the credit card transactions for a small fee and keeps everything organized....I have personally contributed to a fund setup by this service before and used a credit card and it worked great
It will need to be setup by someone who can get in touch with the family when it ends and someone who is a trusted member of the forum.
The person we agree to set up the fund will need to provide me their personal information via email including their name, phone number and any other particulars to prevent the unspeakable from happening. Your personal information will not be shared here but I think there must be a name on the go fund me account.

Let me know via PM .. Do not start a fund to advertise on this website PRIOR to approval of this website (me) for obvious reasons.

I have been reading this thread because I drive LTL and my heart goes out to this driver and his family not to mention each and every FED-EX driver. I am an ABF driver and each day I drive I pass many FED-EX drivers on my run, I wave and some wave back, some don't. I am Union, you all are not. I get it. But we are all drivers, we all have families and we all have one thing in common, We just haul a bunch of dumb boxes and perishing doing it just isn't right. I reach out to you and ask in this mans memory to not make the coverage or any aspect of this about union vs non union.. We are all united in the fact we drive and we earn and we love our country and our families and at the end of the day we would likely pull over and give our lives to save each other!! God Bless.
You said a mouth full. Now if there was ever a time for ALL OF US TO UNITE, This is the time.As DRIVERS, not a union or non union thing.
It would be nice to have a good showing of support for the family...
And for what we do.