Estes | No more utility classification?

We were told at our barn u would work dock with outbound/hub if there are any extra loads then u would run them and you are controlled by your term not by line haul/central suppose to be out and right back

And you'll hear a hundred more stories of what others have been told in the coming months.... IMHO, they are still utility.. They get used like they need them...

The world of Estes, As the World turns, you never know what they will come up with next, so tired of this place, just make it a CITY AND ROAD board and be done with this B.S....

And they better not bring Green Board back, spent 3 years on that, one guy away from run, and then they started to be like Fed EX, i SAY B.S.\

If I went back to Estes I would work out of 138 MSP. My dad is a linehaul driver there. He said there might be a hub run opening in january. A laydown hub run

Probably a Laydown Hub run to Rockford, Il that is where they run MSP to, cause they run crap out east from there all the time, and that Hub run wont pay crap, what is it from there 300 miles...

I threw my cards on the table 6 mo ago quit and retired, thought about all the times I had the resourses to help out the co, but the HEY, YOU PISSED ME OFF SO I CAN'T HELP YOU MENTALLITY REARED IT'S UGLY HEAD, back in the 80's it was take care of the driver, he will take care of the customer and everthing else will take care of itself, now we have college kids and retreads from other co's f'ng it up they whittle away at good employees so they can save on vacation? I have seen some of the new breed of truck drivers and I ain't empressed-from shower shoes to bedroom slippers to trouser sagging and underware showing, thats our otr America to p&d that can't hit the dock in an empty lot. I say back off the ol timers, they hate change esp if it's a b/s change-you get more bees with honey than with vinegar

Really confused on the utility/combo position. Had a few utility guys at my barn come over to the city side and bump me down durning last bid. Where are the rules of seniority posted for Estes??

Really confused on the utility/combo position. Had a few utility guys at my barn come over to the city side and bump me down durning last bid. Where are the rules of seniority posted for Estes??
:biglaugh: We have a discombobulated seniority system. :butt kiss:

As of July 2012, utility guys can carry their time to another classification, but only time accrued from July 2012 on.

I think he's wanting to know how a utility driver who's time counts as linehaul can jump class and bump a city driver off his run? and now that we no longer have a utility class, what do they do with the combo drivers time?

Good question. I wonder if you spend a year as a Utility driver (July 1, 2012 - July 1, 2013) and then spent 6 months as a linehaul driver (July 1, 2013 - January 1, 2014) if you could use your year as a Utility driver in P&D in January 1, 2014. With the way our rules are now, I would assume you could.

What my boss has told me is that the Utility class and the Combo class are the same thing. Just a name change.

Your utility time can only be used once. Once you enter that category that is where it stays. So if you went from utility to Linehaul all your time will be in Linehaul category. If you decide to go P&D in January then you will start there at the bottom with no time.

Lets say you were p&d then went utility for a year then went linehaul for a year then went back to utility for 90 days then decided to go hub for a year then back to utility for 90 days then went back to p&d then got diagnosed with sleep apnea and got put on a forklift. Could you bump someone off the best looking hyster?

:17:I just wish my time in Utility would count for something, then I would move up a little, but hey I was the dumb one to go that route when it did'nt count as anything right.....but in my mind it just is not right the way it is....but at least I got a job.

Still haven't figured out where the official seniority rules are posted for this company. I think i'm getting screwed by management on my bid.