TForce | Not a happy announcement, but it looks like yellow is gonna close

No port

Libertarian free thinker
Credits
After 15 years of financial trouble and hardships for the employees, it looks like yellow will fold .
If yellow doesn't pay its obligation by 7-23-23, all the central states terminals will strike the company.
This will certainly lead to a closing of the company, since they are already in debt up to their eyeballs.
A sad day.
I hope they figure this out, but not confident.

Okay guys , I have been trying to keep all the Yellow stuff in the Yellow forum .
I'll leave this here unless Jeff decides for I to move it . PLEASE let me ask this ,
no Yellow / Teamsters hate in this thread . I'm sure you get it we all have friends
on both sides of this horrible event . No piling on more bad feelings . We all have
families - friends , would you want someone to wish all this on you ? Many of us
been there done that .

Thank you all for your contributions to the TB forums .
SMOKESTACK - TB ADMIN

Okay guys , I have been trying to keep all the Yellow stuff in the Yellow forum .
I'll leave this here unless Jeff decides for I to move it . PLEASE let me ask this ,
no Yellow / Teamsters hate in this thread . I'm sure you get it we all have friends
on both sides of this horrible event . No piling on more bad feelings . We all have
families - friends , would you want someone to wish all this on you ? Many of us
been there done that .

SMOKESTACK - TB ADMIN
Feel free to more it, this is not a happy day for me, I know many of these guys. It is devastating for them and their wives and children.

After 15 years of financial trouble and hardships for the employees, it looks like yellow will fold .
If yellow doesn't pay its obligation by 7-23-23, all the central states terminals will strike the company.
This will certainly lead to a closing of the company, since they are already in debt up to their eyeballs.
A sad day.
I hope they figure this out, but not confident.
Brother, not completely true.
Debt has specific terms, they don't have to pay it all at once.
Yellow it's only playing with fire, that's it.
We don't have Hoffa Jr. anymore, so it's hard for Yellow to make it a done deal like it used to be.
We have Sean O' Brien getting every union company to higher living standards.
It's a risky situation, but will see.
:duel:
IBT vs Yellow

Brother, not completely true.
Debt has specific terms, they don't have to pay it all at once.
Yellow it's only playing with fire, that's it.
We don't have Hoffa Jr. anymore, so it's hard for Yellow to make it a done deal like it used to be.
We have Sean O' Brien getting every union company to higher living standards.
It's a risky situation, but will see.
:duel:
IBT vs Yellow
I hope you are right for these 20000 employees sake . It sounds pretty bad.

Last edited:
been there done that .

SMOKESTACK - TB ADMIN
Thank you sir for you heartfelt statement and your classy attitude. I am retired Yellow but had to work with all of the other companies asking if my company was going out of business from 2008-2013 (I was there 24 years) when I retired. It is stressful and emotional and the last thing you need is that kind of disrespect. We are all in the same business and should stand up for one another. God Bless and good luck with your negotiations.

This is truly sad and historic. Some 20,000 people will ultimately loose there jobs while fat cat corporate executives and the bankers all skate free. That's a damn shame. Hopefully Yellow can pull a rabbit out of the hat but things sure don't look good. Praying that theses folks can move on to greener pastures.

I don’t understand the jabs at the yellow employees from anyone. Any LTL company could’ve made the same mistakes yellow did and no driver or dockworker would have had any control over it. In 10 years any of us could be going through the same stuff, all it takes is a bad decision or 2 by somebody in a board room.

I don’t understand the jabs at the yellow employees from anyone. Any LTL company could’ve made the same mistakes yellow did and no driver or dockworker would have had any control over it. In 10 years any of us could be going through the same stuff, all it takes is a bad decision or 2 by somebody in a board room.
No jabs on this thread. This is a sympathy thread . Yellow freight was a hold over of the 2008 economic crisis of leveraged mergers. This is all on the management, regulators and banks. If not for the sacrifice over the workers this company would have folded 10 years ago.

No jabs on this thread. This is a sympathy thread . Yellow freight was a hold over of the 2008 economic crisis of leveraged mergers. This is all on the management, regulators and banks. If not for the sacrifice over the workers this company would have folded 10 years ago.
Yeah I wasn’t referring to anyone in this thread, it was more of a general statement regarding things I’ve seen posted on tb in the past 10 years.

Read to the bottom of the article...

"In a meeting later Wednesday, according to a video of the meeting viewed by FreightWaves and two employees present, the senior vice president told employees to backtrack on the bankruptcy statement. She said to “correct” any customers that were previously told there would be a bankruptcy and to share the following statement:

“Yellow’s talks with the IBT are ongoing. As previously stated, and in keeping with fiduciary responsibility of the company’s executives, the company continues to prepare for a range of contingencies.”

A Yellow representative shared the same statement when FreightWaves reached out for comment to learn more about the message that the company may file for bankruptcy on Monday."

been there done that .

SMOKESTACK - TB ADMIN
I personally dont want to see Yellow go out. Competition is good and helps out all drivers from all companies. Also have been let go from companies down sizing and when you lose your job that you like it knocks the wind out of you so to speak. A lot of questions like what do i do now, am i going to be able to pay the bills, etc. Not to mention if you are an older person sometimes change is not always easy. I pray all this works out well for the drivers and dock workers as well as the office personell.

Read to the bottom of the article...

"In a meeting later Wednesday, according to a video of the meeting viewed by FreightWaves and two employees present, the senior vice president told employees to backtrack on the bankruptcy statement. She said to “correct” any customers that were previously told there would be a bankruptcy and to share the following statement:

“Yellow’s talks with the IBT are ongoing. As previously stated, and in keeping with fiduciary responsibility of the company’s executives, the company continues to prepare for a range of contingencies.”

A Yellow representative shared the same statement when FreightWaves reached out for comment to learn more about the message that the company may file for bankruptcy on Monday."
How about we all root for O'Brian and the nimrods in charge of Yellow to find a way to keep that operation together. O'Brian and said nimrods will be just fine no matter which way this goes. All these teamsters, not so much. Just hope they find someway to keep it together.

How about we all root for O'Brian and the nimrods in charge of Yellow to find a way to keep that operation together. O'Brian and said nimrods will be just fine no matter which way this goes. All these teamsters, not so much. Just hope they find someway to keep it together.
This cant be blamed on O'BRIEN or the nimrods currently in charge at Yellow it goes back 15+ years