FedEx Freight | Not fair. What do you think?

BigBull69

TB Lurker
Credits
I have a real concern about unfair work practices or is it discrimination. 1st a female driver flips her back box in a set of triples coming down a mountain pass. She was able to drive back to SPO. And then no drug test or alcohol test. She was told by the SCM and DM to come to work the next day like nothing happened. No time off no reviews board.. 2nd a male driver with 17 safety years nothing in his jacket. Flipped his back box in a rocky set. Gets drug and alcohol tested 2 weeks off a review board and gets let go. Now in my mind that is unfair and discrimination. What do you all think?

I have a real concern about unfair work practices or is it discrimination. 1st a female driver flips her back box in a set of triples coming down a mountain pass. She was able to drive back to SPO. And then no drug test or alcohol test. She was told by the SCM and DM to come to work the next day like nothing happened. No time off no reviews board.. 2nd a male driver with 17 safety years nothing in his jacket. Flipped his back box in a rocky set. Gets drug and alcohol tested 2 weeks off a review board and gets let go. Now in my mind that is unfair and discrimination. What do you all think?
Maybe his tests came back dirty. 🤔 IDK. Not enough info.

Based on your summary of events a DOT Post accident test is only required if a citation is issued.

In the case of the SPO driver I am guessing no cite while the 17 yr. driver did get a citation. The company reserves the right to have non-DOT drug/alcohol test performed if they wish but it's not mandated.

I agree, there's not enough info here. We had a guy flip his kite and it was determined that the way the trailer was loaded was to blame. It was too heavy on one side. No drug test, no review and he was back the next day.

I agree, there's not enough info here. We had a guy flip his kite and it was determined that the way the trailer was loaded was to blame. It was too heavy on one side. No drug test, no review and he was back the next day.
Could be wrong freight weights too. I’ve seen ::shit:: off by thousands, and with a coupla dozen bills on boatd that’s more than enough to throw off your hookup

Ok sorry more info. The female driver was just awarded the female trucker of the year award 2 hours prior to her accident. They made every excuse for her. There was to many conflicting stories. She said one story. Then when the big bosses showed up it was a different story to protect her. As for the driver no bad drug test. Just in my mind 2 sets of rules.

Ok sorry more info. The female driver was just awarded the female trucker of the year award 2 hours prior to her accident. They made every excuse for her. There was to many conflicting stories. She said one story. Then when the big bosses showed up it was a different story to protect her. As for the driver no bad drug test. Just in my mind 2 sets of rules.

That's not more info. Everybody always tells the boys in the room 1 story and corporate another. That's nothing new. What did the 17 year driver say to corporate?

We're asking more info as in what caused the roll overs. Was speed a factor? Was the weather a factor? Was fatigue or distraction a factor? That's the information we're curious about.

Female driver also black and maybe a lezzy too? That’s 2 or 3 protected classes in one

Other one a straight white male? He’s guilty til proven innocent

Especially when she bring food to the shop and cries easy and constantly playing the discriminan card that keeps her off any of the bad runs....
We had a driver just like that years ago refused to do places that didn’t have a dock period . Transferred to another center same story yrs later on front of Fedx rag on super job. Food and cried daily true story the peddle run was a joke . Center manager didn’t want to hear it one guy said same pay same work got laughed at by mgmt . The new and improved fed up frt. I’m glad to say I have never expected anything from them now days that’s common theme I am late dog was difficult this morning twice weekly and it’s ok the dude is a drunk . Blind eye on it