Yellow | Notes From May 13, 2020 Conference Call On Pensions

You know what is foolish is to assume I “failed to become a member of the investor class “. I think if you reread my post there was not any derogatory language about investors or executives. My argument was simply current tax code favors wealth and capital over labor. And as far as all the recent tax cuts being only temporary and can be changed at any time is hypothetical. I’m talking about the way the law reads right now. That’s reality not conjecture

What is foolish is to claim that I said something I didn't say. I did not "assume" anything. If you re-read what I said - "So just because you may have failed to become a member of the "investor class" yourself..." - you can see the words "you may have". Using that phrase "may have" indicates only a possibility not a certainty and definitely not an assumption. Also I never claimed you used derogatory language. I said "You speak of the "investor class" as though that's some terrible group". That's hardly an accusation of using derogatory language. If you're going to respond to my comments at least characterize them accurately OK?

What is foolish is to claim that I said something I didn't say. I did not "assume" anything. If you re-read what I said - "So just because you may have failed to become a member of the "investor class" yourself..." - you can see the words "you may have". Using that phrase "may have" indicates only a possibility not a certainty and definitely not an assumption. Also I never claimed you used derogatory language. I said "You speak of the "investor class" as though that's some terrible group". That's hardly an accusation of using derogatory language. If you're going to respond to my comments at least characterize them accurately OK?
Wouldn’t I have to say something derogatory about investors for you to deduct that I think they are some terrible group. And you’re right I shouldn’t have used the term assume. Insinuate would have been more appropriate

What’s the difference.pork or fat is your pension important to you.Don’t sweat the small stuff they don’t pay you enough to be a politician.Support the Heroes act.
Not trying to be a politician, Support it or believe in fairy tales all you want. if they don’t support it we ain’t getting it.

Just my opinion, it’s another election year stunt. The bill is so bad that 16 Democrats voted against it.

Not trying to be a politician, Support it or believe in fairy tales all you want. if they don’t support it we ain’t getting it.

Just my opinion, it’s another election year stunt. The bill is so bad that 16 Democrats voted against it.
16 out of how many,And how many Republicans support it .Its better than nothing.You could call or write your congress man or woman .I personally talk to mine when important legislation comes up. And I don’t talk to staffers,only if I want too.Call your representative and start some dialog.It really does work.

16 out of how many,And how many Republicans support it .Its better than nothing.You could call or write your congress man or woman .I personally talk to mine when important legislation comes up. And I don’t talk to staffers,only if I want too.Call your representative and start some dialog.It really does work.
Next time you talk to your Congressman demand that Pension Reform be voted on as a stand alone Bill instead of always being attached to a bunch of ::shit::.

Next time you talk to your Congressman demand that Pension Reform be voted on as a stand alone Bill instead of always being attached to a bunch of :::shit:::.
It doesn’t work that way in Washington son.We meaning union people are a minority.A very small one today.The rest of the country won’t vote on a stand alone bill.Just to save some bodies pension.Most people don’t get pensions.You gotta give and take.Things are piggybacked to bills if they are important to a certain voting group.If a pension isn’t important to you.Then don’t support the cares act.:duh:

It doesn’t work that way in Washington son.We meaning union people are a minority.A very small one today.The rest of the country won’t vote on a stand alone bill.Just to save some bodies pension.Most people don’t get pensions.You gotta give and take.Things are piggybacked to bills if they are important to a certain voting group.If a pension isn’t important to you.Then don’t support the cares act.:duh:

Most Americans will not support paying other workers pensions because of gross mismanagement.
Face it the teamsters sat and did nothing while membership dwindled down to almost nothing. The fault lies there. Other issues compounded the problem but as carriers failed they did not to insure success of the remaining contributing carriers. Eventually there were more drawing pensions that contributing to pensions in the teamsters. Checkmate!
Therefore the American taxpayer cannot bear the burden of teamster mismanagement.
We are spending a little less than $1 TRILLION on illegal immigration. One party has picked their favorite charity. The taxpayers cannot afford another...

Most Americans will not support paying other workers pensions because of gross mismanagement.
Face it the teamsters sat and did nothing while membership dwindled down to almost nothing. The fault lies there. Other issues compounded the problem but as carriers failed they did not to insure success of the remaining contributing carriers. Eventually there were more drawing pensions that contributing to pensions in the teamsters. Checkmate!
Therefore the American taxpayer cannot bear the burden of teamster mismanagement.
We are spending a little less than $1 TRILLION on illegal immigration. One party has picked their favorite charity. The taxpayers cannot afford another...
You say the teamsters did nothing.Well,The membership doses not care about organizing non union carriers You can lead a horse to water ,but you can not make him drink.The non union companies are in some cases making more money than union carriers when it comes to wages.(Not) benefits.Ive been in the game a long time .most of the non union guys would rather do this every day:butt kiss:My guess is the must like it.::shit:: benefits no contract and what seniority.Work rules only apply to the guys that don’t do favors for the boss.The coin has flipped in favor of the kiss asses and ,us union guys and our pride are on a slow decline.At least I can ,say Nobody ever told or forced me to do anything unsafe or said you get what I give you and like it.As a union men we exercise our contractual rights and seniority.The non union guys gotta beg.:bowdown: And if that’s what it cost me for the price of union dues ,I’am all in for the last 43 years.We could **** all our resources away just trying to organize.Thats not gonna happen. ,If people don’t (Need) us and (want) us.We are not interested.

You say the teamsters did nothing.Well,The membership doses not care about organizing non union carriers You can lead a horse to water ,but you can not make him drink.The non union companies are in some cases making more money than union carriers when it comes to wages.(Not) benefits.Ive been in the game a long time .most of the non union guys would rather do this every day:butt kiss:My guess is the must like it.:::shit::: benefits no contract and what seniority.Work rules only apply to the guys that don’t do favors for the boss.The coin has flipped in favor of the kiss asses and ,us union guys and our pride are on a slow decline.At least I can ,say Nobody ever told or forced me to do anything unsafe or said you get what I give you and like it.As a union men we exercise our contractual rights and seniority.The non union guys gotta beg.:bowdown: And if that’s what it cost me for the price of union dues ,I’am all in for the last 43 years.We could **** all our resources away just trying to organize.Thats not gonna happen. ,If people don’t (Need) us and (want) us.We are not interested.
You live in fantasyland.....

I've worked both union and non. I saw no difference. If you believe there's no Good Ol Boy Network in IBT barns, you're kidding yourself. You're part of one on this forum.

Last edited:
You live in fantasyland.....

I've worked both union and non. I saw no difference. If you believe there's no Good Ol Boy Network in IBT barns, you're kidding yourself. You're part of one on this forum.
Those who participate get rewarded..Its called loyalty to the cause.The IBT or the party of your choice.Donate to your congressman or senator come election time.You most certainly will get a call every time.The squeaky wheel, (Always) gets the grease, Jimmy.Money talks and bullshit walks.

Those who participate get rewarded..Its called loyalty to the cause.The IBT or the party of your choice.Donate to your congressman or senator come election time.You most certainly will get a call every time.The squeaky wheel, (Always) gets the grease, Jimmy.Money talks and :horseshit: walks.
Jimmy G, I'm going to have to agree with ROAD BOSS on this one, money does talk. Shippers spoke with money, Jimmy Carter responded with deregulation. Money wiped out unionized, trucking, railroads and airlines. That ROAD BOSS knows his politics.

Pension reform wasn’t in the cares act son.
If it was it might be a done deal.
Democrats stuck it into the hero’s act along with a bunch of ::shit:: knowing full well the bill wasn’t getting passed to appease certain voter blocks and be able to say “we tried vote for us”

you should read posts before quoting them in a reply and twisting them. I never said pension reform wasn’t important I said the hero’s act was not getting passed.
And I didn’t support the cares act. Any fool knew with government giving that much money away there would be to much going to places it shouldn’t.

Democrats stuck it into the hero’s act along with a bunch of :::shit::: knowing full well the bill wasn’t getting passed to appease certain voter blocks and be able to say “we tried vote for us”
(Heroes Act) my bad!!!!
you should read posts before quoting them in a reply and twisting them. I never said pension reform wasn’t important I said the hero’s act was not getting passed.
And I didn’t support the cares act. Any fool knew with government giving that much money away there would be to much going to places it shouldn’t.
My guess is if the money was available to you ,either way you would take it ,like every one else.You gotta pay those high New Jersey Taxes.!!!!:biglaugh:

Democrats stuck it into the hero’s act along with a bunch of :::shit::: knowing full well the bill wasn’t getting passed to appease certain voter blocks and be able to say “we tried vote for us”
You haven’t done your entire homework.Round 2 of the cares act will contain pension reform,It’s gonna be tabled.Weather or not it gets passed.You can look it up.You probably already got your stimulus check .If you don’t want the second one just send it back son.Some other poor sole might need it.The government is handing out free money.Stand in line for your share.You’ll be paying your corona virus tax soon enough !!!!! it’s coming

Support the cares act (Round #2) Thats specific.

(Heroes Act) my bad!!!!

My guess is if the money was available to you ,either way you would take it ,like every one else.You gotta pay those high New Jersey Taxes.!!!!:biglaugh:
Im against out of control government spending BUT I would gladly be a hypocrite and except my pension if they ever do fund it.

When I said money going where it shouldn’t I was talking about airlines and other big companies that have plenty. If it’s truly needed to keep a business going fine but just a little bit of oversight before giving it to any business that asked would have been nice.