TForce | O'Brien has miscalculated UPS

No port

Libertarian free thinker
Credits
UPS will allow the strike, spread the pain and suffering across the entire nation. Why? because UPS has more money to burn than the union and they will play hard ball. I think we all know from 2018, UPS will cut off their nose to spite their face.

UPS will allow the strike, spread the pain and suffering across the entire nation. Why? because UPS has more money to burn than the union and they will play hard ball. I think we all know from 2018, UPS will cut off their nose to spite their face.
UPS will give in! They gonna teach management to fly the planes too?

UPS will give in! They gonna teach management to fly the planes too?
In the end, it will end, yes. UPS will cut off its nose to spite its face first. This is a company that recently sold a $3 billion dollar asset for $800 million just to get rid of it. They will bring the misery to everyone involved. They will lose possibly 2 billion or more and make the teamsters drain their strike fund by $170,000,000 a week (if the number of strikers is 340,000). Wreck the small package shipping for a few months, and drain the accounts of every striker.
UPS is a cut throat company. They have the money to burn, and history has proven, they will burn it if need be. At this point it will take a political act to get the 2 sides back to avoid a strike.

Some industry experts believe if UPS experiences a strike they will lose 30% of their volume.
This approx. 30% of their union employees if that number is correct.
IF the number of teamsters at UPS is 340,000 that equals 102,000 teamster jobs.
That is high stakes poker with individuals livelihoods.
Not sure why the teamsters would do that but if that did happen it effectively ends any future organizing of union jobs in trucking.
Very risky proposition...

The strike will certainly cause a loss of business and therefore jobs.
Some may say victory in the end, some may say Pyrrhic victory in the end. To those who have the seniority to keep their jobs and return to work it will probably be good for them, to the ones without seniority who are let go because of lose of business, not so much.

Some industry experts believe if UPS experiences a strike they will lose 30% of their volume.
This approx. 30% of their union employees if that number is correct.
IF the number of teamsters at UPS is 340,000 that equals 102,000 teamster jobs.
That is high stakes poker with individuals livelihoods.
Not sure why the teamsters would do that but if that did happen it effectively ends any future organizing of union jobs in trucking.
Very risky proposition...
How much will they lose if they cave into the union demands? If their cost structure price forces them out of the market, they will begin to see the same fate as LTL freight. You can bet the FedEx and Amazon are watching carefully. Amazon built a nationwide delivery system in less than a year from scratch. They could easily expand that to handle commercial package delivery.
Teamster labor has a long history of pricing themselves out of a job.

How much will they lose if they cave into the union demands? If their cost structure price forces them out of the market, they will begin to see the same fate as LTL freight. You can bet the FedEx and Amazon are watching carefully. Amazon built a nationwide delivery system in less than a year from scratch. They could easily expand that to handle commercial package delivery.
Teamster labor has a long history of pricing themselves out of a job.
One thing UPS has that Amazon doesn't is a dedicated work force. Amazons turnover is not sustainable. Hopefully there will be a win/win negotiation..

That's not very risky for them because they only have one competitor. It's not like there's 20 other companies out there competently delivering packages. The only risky part to this is whether or not Amazon is actually able to get into the parcel industry and the answer is, we don't know.

That's not very risky for them because they only have one competitor. It's not like there's 20 other companies out there competently delivering packages. The only risky part to this is whether or not Amazon is actually able to get into the parcel industry and the answer is, we don't know.
Amazon is a trash employer, they can't keep anyone for long.

If I remember correctly UPS CEO Carol Tome came to UPS with a hired gun mentality to improve the stock price. Her "build better not bigger" was 3 phases with the first to streamline/downsize management, 2nd was to rid UPS of UPSF and the 3rd I believe was to get control of package/feeders wages so she might let them walk to achieve this or at least downsizing the worker base. Home depot was pretty crappy around her time doing this......all JMHO

If I remember correctly UPS CEO Carol Tome came to UPS with a hired gun mentality to improve the stock price. Her "build better not bigger" was 3 phases with the first to streamline/downsize management, 2nd was to rid UPS of UPSF and the 3rd I believe was to get control of package/feeders wages so she might let them walk to achieve this or at least downsizing the worker base. Home depot was pretty crappy around her time doing this......all JMHO
She certainly didn't even blink when she sold a 3 billion dollar company for 800 million. Just glad UPS sold us, this strike is gonna be brutal for all involved.

The issue holding up negotiations is for the part time people.
They make up around 50% of the 340,000 employees.

I find it all interesting, especially that it doesn't involve me any longer, 😥 whew.
It looks like UPS is jumping into the fox hole with the IBT, the employees and its customers and pulling the pin on the grenade.

She certainly didn't even blink when she sold a 3 billion dollar company for 800 million. Just glad UPS sold us, this strike is gonna be brutal for all involved.
They got filthy rich off the over night deal and sold it off as a loss. win/win, how much was just the overnight pension worth? Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not dumped in the ups pension fund? They then went to a base retirement so much per month/per year of service?