TForce | O'Brien has miscalculated UPS

They got filthy rich off the over night deal and sold it off as a loss. win/win, how much was just the overnight pension worth? Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not dumped in the ups pension fund? They then went to a base retirement so much per month/per year of service?
When ups aquireed ovnt the pension fund had about 450 million in it when ups sold to tfi it was at 900 million. If and that is a big if, if 2, 3 ,4 or 5 decades when all those eligible are dead, then ups would keep the unused potion of the fund. Most of us will be long dead and will never know.

When ups aquireed ovnt the pension fund had about 450 million in it when ups sold to tfi it was at 900 million. If and that is a big if, if 2, 3 ,4 or 5 decades when all those eligible are dead, then ups would keep the unused potion of the fund. Most of us will be long dead and will never know.
How much did ups give for overnite

If I remember correctly UPS CEO Carol Tome came to UPS with a hired gun mentality to improve the stock price. Her "build better not bigger" was 3 phases with the first to streamline/downsize management, 2nd was to rid UPS of UPSF and the 3rd I believe was to get control of package/feeders wages so she might let them walk to achieve this or at least downsizing the worker base. Home depot was pretty crappy around her time doing this......all JMHO
In a company of this size, controlling the wages of a small percentage of the employees is the third thing on the CEO's list? That just doesn't make sense, honestly. Neither of us can prove or disprove what we're saying, but it's a big company with a lot of employees.

Besides, the union already hashed out feeder and driver issues. They're hung up on part-time pay.

In a company of this size, controlling the wages of a small percentage of the employees is the third thing on the CEO's list? That just doesn't make sense, honestly. Neither of us can prove or disprove what we're saying, but it's a big company with a lot of employees.

Besides, the union already hashed out feeder and driver issues. They're hung up on part-time pay.
UPS is all about picking up pennies .
They figure if the can cut the pay by 25 cents over 5 years they will make hundreds millions more.

UPS is all about picking up pennies .
They figure if the can cut the pay by 25 cents over 5 years they will make hundreds millions more.
But where are they going to pick up the most pennies? From the 20,000 (guesstimate) drivers or the 320,000 other employees?

Some industry experts believe if UPS experiences a strike they will lose 30% of their volume.
This approx. 30% of their union employees if that number is correct.
IF the number of teamsters at UPS is 340,000 that equals 102,000 teamster jobs.
That is high stakes poker with individuals livelihoods.
Not sure why the teamsters would do that but if that did happen it effectively ends any future organizing of union jobs in trucking.
Very risky proposition...
I doubt they’ll lose it for good… Brown has way too big a worldwide footprint to lose business for long. There aren’t enough other parcel companies to handle the volume.

So, who is the pressure on? The union whose drivers are at six figures or UPS who has offered even more money?
You're right. They're going to crush us with raw pure American CORPORATE POWER, my Brother Teamster.

On a side note, when you are making a spreadsheet for the office, do you prefer Excel or Google sheets?