TForce | O'Brien has miscalculated UPS

You're right. They're going to crush us with raw pure American CORPORATE POWER, my Brother Teamster.

On a side note, when you are making a spreadsheet for the office, do you prefer Excel or Google sheets?

I use a free, donations appreciated, word processor app called Libre. It is compatible with Microsoft Word. The company is based in Berlin, Germany.
I also like Doxcillion Document Converter. I can open a PDF file in the word processor and edit it if needed. I use it for sample template forms. I paid a one time license fee for that.
My office is in the walkout basement of my home.

I use a free, donations appreciated, word processor app called Libre. It is compatible with Microsoft Word. The company is based in Berlin, Germany.
I also like Doxcillion Document Converter. I can open a PDF file in the word processor and edit it if needed. I use it for sample template forms. I paid a one time license fee for that.
My office is in the walkout basement of my home.
Libre Office is the best. Agreed.

I install it in my Linux distros. But is corporate okay with you using that stuff?

The difference this go round is Amazon, if a vast portion of their shipments can't go out, Bezos might accelerate his own package company. He has the cash, he has the goal of that eventually anyway, point to consider.
The question is where the workforce is going to come from? I doubt Bezos is willing to pay UPS standard wages.

The question is where the workforce is going to come from? I doubt Bezos is willing to pay UPS standard wages.

Contractors already pay in line with FedEx ground. The contractors make less at Amazon, though. I'm sure Bezos will loosen up the rope a little to gain some of that market share taking advantage of customers desperation.

So, who is the pressure on? The union whose drivers are at six figures or UPS who has offered even more money?
I would say there’s pressure on both sides. I hope those guys at UPS have been saving up, it might take a while to wait out a company with the deep pockets of UPS. But UPS can’t wait it out forever, and I doubt the government will sit idly by allowing them to massively affect the country’s economy. Of course, with the bunch of clowns running the show in Washington, there’s no telling. I don’t have confidence in the current regime to have our nation’s economy in it’s best interest…

Contractors already pay in line with FedEx ground. The contractors make less at Amazon, though. I'm sure Bezos will loosen up the rope a little to gain some of that market share taking advantage of customers desperation.
It’s possible, but have you seen society’s current lack of interest in working?

My wife receives medicine overnight from UPS for pregnancy meds. If they strike, I wonder if we'll be able to continue to have a successful pregnancy? Sucks to think about!

My wife receives medicine overnight from UPS for pregnancy meds. If they strike, I wonder if we'll be able to continue to have a successful pregnancy? Sucks to think about!
Contact your pharmacy and or physician and see about alternative shipping.idk if thatll help but its definitely worth a shot

Capacity, wages & government have all been mentioned. Pretty sure USPS would be happy to handle volume for couple months. Christmas isn’t for awhile. Laugh if you like. Worked for a contractor for three months. They’re set up for max volume 365 and run extras on the peak times. MTs on the road, multiple times, every day.

I might be naive and come to regret these words later on, but I actually really believe in Sean O'Brien.

The first decade and a half of my union membership was under Hoffa, and I really couldn't have cared less about being a union member.

I'm starting to feel some pride in it.
I have to agree, so far so good. When I first joined the union I was the proudest person to be in it. Hoffa and UPS made me sick of it.

I might be naive and come to regret these words later on, but I actually really believe in Sean O'Brien.

The first decade and a half of my union membership was under Hoffa, and I really couldn't have cared less about being a union member.

I'm starting to feel some pride in it.
I have to agree, so far so good. When I first joined the union I was the proudest person to be in it. Hoffa and UPS made me sick of it.
Nothing came close to the pride I felt when Jackie was in charge! :hysterical: :hilarious:

JackiePresser.md.jpeg

Looks like Sean may have been the smartest man in the room after all. From what I am reading UPS is heading back into negotiations next week. Just saying he seems to have more spine than JR.
Give the devil their due UPS just brought themselves a new strike deadline with no specific date .