FedEx Freight | October??!!

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
I keep having little birds tell me something coming in October, but they are giving very little info.

Best I've got is there is a big news story for October.

Anyone else here anything about October?

I'm not saying he dose/doesn't, but I believe he was simply. referring to the yearly pay bump.
Well there is something other than pay raise. We lost runs that have been running for twenty years. Not due lack of freight either. Plus news of fedex getting rid of 1400 customers.

They are making capacity for something.. What for idk. I don't know if I can hold out till October. I'm burnt out with the corporate number crunching and Penny pinching, and I've been here over 20 years...

Well there is something other than pay raise. We lost runs that have been running for twenty years. Not due lack of freight either. Plus news of fedex getting rid of 1400 customers.

They are making capacity for something.. What for idk. I don't know if I can hold out till October. I'm burnt out with the corporate number crunching and Penny pinching, and I've been here over 20 years...
We cut 3 of our customers and went from busy to canceling runs everyday,we hired 5 new drivers to help and now with all that freight gone what they will do?

Is we for Sale…trim the fat
Doubtful.
FxF small,,,,, compared to the other Fx OpCos, but still the largest LtL by far.The smallest Opco in a GLOBAL company is still massive.
Fx likely doesn't want to give up the service Freight offers. On top of that, FxF is very profitable.

Lastly, when you trim fat to be sold, you cut employees, not customers. The 1,400 is not as big as people make it out to be. Last I heard, it was somewhere between only 5,and 7%.
There are many customers FxF doesn't need.

Doubtful.
FxF small,,,,, compared to the other Fx OpCos, but still the largest LtL by far.The smallest Opco in a GLOBAL company is still massive.
Fx likely doesn't want to give up the service Freight offers. On top of that, FxF is very profitable.

Lastly, when you trim fat to be sold, you cut employees, not customers. The 1,400 is not as big as people make it out to be. Last I heard, it was somewhere between only 5,and 7%.
Oh yes our business afficenato has spoken. Lol
Yes you would be correct when you speak company wide, but like always you don't look at the big picture. If the smaller eol and hubs drop major customers, you go from being busy to not in a hurry. I'm sure you just forgot to mention this little tid bit.

Doubtful.

Who would have thought UPS would have sold their freight division...

Oh yes our business afficenato has spoken. Lol
Yes you would be correct when you speak company wide, but like always you don't look at the big picture. If the smaller eol and hubs drop major customers, you go from being busy to not in a hurry. I'm sure you just forgot to mention this little tid bit.
His posts illustrate the same narcissistic thinking that makes this such a great place to work! (Only 1,400 customers, who cares)…