Yellow | Odd timing or planned?

dokman

TB Veteran
Credits
Every were you read there’s strong indications that we are in a freight decline. In early June one economist stated we are in a freight recession. Everyone who worked at one of the YRC companies saw a decline in freight. Some LTL companies have drivers laid off. Fed Ex suggested pilots find work elsewhere. Ups offered buyouts to pilots. Interest rates have increased dramatically over the past few years. Consumers have less to spend on nonessential goods and services. Yet a car haul company wants to buy a LTL company out of bankruptcy. Kmart bought Sears and later made millions on real estate and consequently has all but disappeared. Is Cooper really interested in preserving jobs? Are they interested in real estate sales? Are they strictly wanting equipment purchased for liquidation prices only to be sold for a profit? Was this planned for a long time behind the scenes with Cooper and Yellow? Bankruptcy got rid of a Union Contract, Yellow kept complaining about parts of it. Only to throw out that 11 dollars in raises comment at the end.
The whole thing seems rather odd to stick your neck out in such a fragile environment with the selling point of preserving jobs.
Unfortunately there is certainly way more to the story than meets the eye.

Last edited:
I like pancakes!

Easy-Fluffy-Pancakes-Recipe-3-1024x1536.jpg

Every were you read there’s strong indications that we are in a freight decline. In early June one economist stated we are in a freight recession. Everyone who worked at one of the YRC companies saw a decline in freight. Some LTL companies have drivers laid off. Fed Ex suggested pilots find work elsewhere. Ups offered buyouts to pilots. Interest rates have increased dramatically over the past few years. Consumers have less to spend on nonessential goods and services. Yet a car haul company wants to buy a LTL company out of bankruptcy. Kmart bought Sears and later made millions on real estate and consequently has all but disappeared. Is Cooper really interested in preserving jobs? Are they interested in real estate sales? Are they strictly wanting equipment purchased for liquidation prices only to be sold for a profit? Was this planned for a long time behind the scenes with Cooper and Yellow? Bankruptcy got rid of a Union Contract, Yellow kept complaining about parts of it. Only to throw out that 11 dollars in raises comment at the end.
The whole thing seems rather odd to stick your neck out in such a fragile environment with the selling point of preserving jobs.
I had a discussion yesterday with two of my old coworkers at new penn. The topic of this being all "planned" brought up. In terms of blame, every Wall St analyst/firm placed blame solely on the Yellow Corp. They did include the union contract as an issue but never blamed O'Brien. We were in a frt recession when & before we got shut down. It's still ongoing. The contract Yellow was pushing was substandard, not to mention the BS $11 raise. The political people coming out now to beg Washington to keep bring these jobs back could've easily demanded BEFORE June to keep these jobs alive. Why now ? I don't know what secret role Washington plays behind the scenes but it clearly feels like they wanted the people running Yellow out of the picture. They hold a 29% stake, not to mention the $700mil ol'Donald loaned them. Seems like Washington took O'Brien's side here. Both probably said "FCK Hawkins". It's no surprise the Jack Cooper are now in the picture. Say what you want about their history, they do have strong political ties. They are being pushed to the forefront to pull a miracle off. Every week this story grows legs but was it all planned? Sure feels like it

Yellow would be a profitable company if managed properly with efficiency/flexibility changes in operations. The regional carriers are also profitable carriers if they just let them be regional carriers. There are many options in making it work with the right financing and management,

I believe the CH11 was pushed by Apollo to get a liquidation af assets so they could get their loan repaid and move on to other opportunities. MFN/Citadel was probably looking to pick up the assets cheap and then sell them off to others in the industry. Cooper is more of a last hope to salvage the union & CS contributions from the disastrous negative fallout of Yellow closing the doors and a way to save face in preserving 22000 union jobs and putting them under a better contract going forward. It would be an organizing victory for future endeavors such as going after Amazon and others who could no longer say they put a big company out of business.

I believe the CH11 was pushed by Apollo to get a liquidation af assets so they could get their loan repaid and move on to other opportunities. MFN/Citadel was probably looking to pick up the assets cheap and then sell them off to others in the industry. Cooper is more of a last hope to salvage the union & CS contributions from the disastrous negative fallout of Yellow closing the doors and a way to save face in preserving 22000 union jobs and putting them under a better contract going forward. It would be an organizing victory for future endeavors such as going after Amazon and others who could no longer say they put a big company out of business.
I think you ate the mushrooms on that one.

I had a discussion yesterday with two of my old coworkers at new penn. The topic of this being all "planned" brought up. In terms of blame, every Wall St analyst/firm placed blame solely on the Yellow Corp. They did include the union contract as an issue but never blamed O'Brien. We were in a frt recession when & before we got shut down. It's still ongoing. The contract Yellow was pushing was substandard, not to mention the BS $11 raise. The political people coming out now to beg Washington to keep bring these jobs back could've easily demanded BEFORE June to keep these jobs alive. Why now ? I don't know what secret role Washington plays behind the scenes but it clearly feels like they wanted the people running Yellow out of the picture. They hold a 29% stake, not to mention the $700mil ol'Donald loaned them. Seems like Washington took O'Brien's side here. Both probably said "FCK Hawkins". It's no surprise the Jack Cooper are now in the picture. Say what you want about their history, they do have strong political ties. They are being pushed to the forefront to pull a miracle off. Every week this story grows legs but was it all planned? Sure feels like it
Washington did not like Hawkins, he was rubbing elbows with Trump, I thought I read he was the chairman or something like that on the Covid transportation (or something like that) committee.

Just when I was starting to believe the tombstone theory, here you come with facts.

It was Sears bought Kmart. just saying

LTL can be profitable if managed right even when it’s slow.

It was Sears bought Kmart. just saying

LTL can be profitable if managed right even when it’s slow.
Wrong my friend, you've got it reversed.

Washington did not like Hawkins, he was rubbing elbows with Trump, I thought I read he was the chairman or something like that on the Covid transportation (or something like that) committee.
It didn't seem like they cared for him. Clearly it's showing now