Yellow | Odd timing or planned?

Wrong my friend, you've got it reversed.
Sure do miss then Blue Light Specials Uncle Trip , it was always a FUN Sunday after church when you would take me there and the Blue Light Specials was always -15% savings and them Sub-sandwiches was good too !

I’ve been working nights

I’ve been working nights
Sure do miss then Blue Light Specials Uncle Trip , it was always a FUN Sunday after church when you would take me there and the Blue Light Specials was always -15% savings and them Sub-sandwiches was good too !
Attention Shoppers! Oh the good old days. And the subs were really good. Drove my mom nuts to get me a sub.

Yellow would be a profitable company if managed properly with efficiency/flexibility changes in operations.
They pretty much had the same flexibility as ABF with the utility drivers, but abandoned that in a short period then wanted that back & a little more this time. It was **** poor management that failed this company not the union or it's employees....

They pretty much had the same flexibility as ABF with the utility drivers, but abandoned that in a short period then wanted that back & a little more this time. It was **** poor management that failed this company not the union or it's employees....

They had way too much overlap between the companies which wasted alot of money. Definitely **** poor management, not arguing with that fact.

Sorta feel bad for the people that think yellow is coming back as it was. Whatever monstrosity emerges I can guarantee you it won't be the yellow you left. Different work rules different environment. Different dispatchers different people. Pay could even be lower also with camera's watching your every move. I turned down jobs because they had way too invasive policies on what I can do in the cab.... I don't wanna be fired because I took my hand off the steering wheel to pick my nose, scratch my back or itch my balls.

My honest opinion if this happens they'll just be a smaller regional carrier and sell off all the properties they don't need for profit. Perhaps a new penn 2.0 emerges.

I think a lot of these LTL carriers shot themselves in the foot not bringing on yellow drivers even if the economy is bad. They turned down dedicated workers who spent decades doing a job that's hard to find people to do these days let alone pass a drug test. When they finally need us majority of us will be comfortable in our new job.

Sorta feel bad for the people that think yellow is coming back as it was. Whatever monstrosity emerges I can guarantee you it won't be the yellow you left. Different work rules different environment. Different dispatchers different people. Pay could even be lower also with camera's watching your every move. I turned down jobs because they had way too invasive policies on what I can do in the cab.... I don't wanna be fired because I took my hand off the steering wheel to pick my nose, scratch my back or itch my balls.

My honest opinion if this happens they'll just be a smaller regional carrier and sell off all the properties they don't need for profit. Perhaps a new penn 2.0 emerges.

I think a lot of these LTL carriers shot themselves in the foot not bringing on yellow drivers even if the economy is bad. They turned down dedicated workers who spent decades doing a job that's hard to find people to do these days let alone pass a drug test. When they finally need us majority of us will be comfortable in our new job.
Kinda agree but these companies arent going to hire anybody just to sit around. There has to an opening. I dont know of any place that hires a lot when its slow just in case it does pick up. A lot of places let go when its slow or nit pick and fire just to slim down.

Trust me it was "Planned ""
5eb72c143e92dc08e3484343162fea61.jpg

Kinda agree but these companies arent going to hire anybody just to sit around. There has to an opening. I dont know of any place that hires a lot when its slow just in case it does pick up. A lot of places let go when its slow or nit pick and fire just to slim down.

The union employees will be called back in reverse seniority order as needed to fill the positions, the only people they will need to actually "rehire" would be the non union supervisors/employees who were terminated.

Yea I understand why LTL companies didn't hire but when I was OTR those cut throats would undercut other companies to steal freight for future prospects to make money.

Basically if these OTR cut throats had a LTL company they would of hired as much people to take all of yellows freight and then increase rates over time to eventually turn profits with higher freight volumes

Instead these non union carriers stood together in solidarity to hopefully make them pay their rate... Hmm sounds like they stole that from the union handbook... We should make them pay the debt for stealing union ideas 😆

If anyone could buy another company while they are broke and in bankruptcy it would be “Ole Yeller”. They have never let being broke get in the way of a good acquisition or merger. Lololol