R&L | Ohio R+L Driver Crash Med-Flight transported

safety directer out west said the word going on back at corp. is the sate patrol said if he was in a 2009 or newer he would not be so lucky, it took a long time to cut him out and there was fuel everywhere. the after burner in the 2009 newer burns 10,000 degrees plus. he said any 2009 or newer you have very little time to get out. I'll keep my older IH as long as I can. Bad thing is cali. might make rl replace all tractors to 2009 or newer by 2112.

safety directer out west said the word going on back at corp. is the sate patrol said if he was in a 2009 or newer he would not be so lucky, it took a long time to cut him out and there was fuel everywhere. the after burner in the 2009 newer burns 10,000 degrees plus. he said any 2009 or newer you have very little time to get out. I'll keep my older IH as long as I can. Bad thing is cali. might make rl replace all tractors to 2009 or newer by 2112.
I glad to see he made it out alive. Maybe he learned a lesson about following to close. I see too many truckers out there tailgating other trucks

you are assuming that he was following to close right???

If you read the news article, He was cited for unassured clear distance and he did slam into another rig. I'm sure the other rig just did't pop out of thin air. If he had a safe following distance that would have never happen. Remember the Smith system.

If you read the news article, He was cited for unassured clear distance and he did slam into another rig. I'm sure the other rig just did't pop out of thin air. If he had a safe following distance that would have never happen. Remember the Smith system.
Before you go calling people names, just because the article says the driver was cited for following to closely doesn't mean the cop was 100% accurate and I know from experience. I was once in an accisent where someone ran into the side of me and the cop gave me the same citation. When I fought it the ticket was thrown out like nothing. Besides, whos to say that our driver didn't just make a lane change and before he had time to leave space, the truck in front of him slammed on the brakes. Never be too quick to judge!

yea i beleive our moderater should have said somthing about the post and the poster. but with all that said have you ever drove one of these trucks??? if not you should ask someone how many people are complaining about the braking on these trucks it sucks and no i don't drive one but run with 2 drivers every night that do and one of them is the truck that was in this accident but not that driver and yes i do know that driver that was in the accident for many many years.and no i was not saying that it was not his fault i was pointing out that you were not there and were assuming due to what you read and as far as the word moron that you used that just shows the respect you have for your fellow drivers and this is not disneychannel .com. yrc driver suprsprt have a nice day

yea i beleive our moderater should have said somthing about the post and the poster. but with all that said have you ever drove one of these trucks??? if not you should ask someone how many people are complaining about the braking on these trucks it sucks and no i don't drive one but run with 2 drivers every night that do and one of them is the truck that was in this accident but not that driver and yes i do know that driver that was in the accident for many many years.and no i was not saying that it was not his fault i was pointing out that you were not there and were assuming due to what you read and as far as the word moron that you used that just shows the respect you have for your fellow drivers and this is not disneychannel .com. yrc driver suprsprt have a nice day
Well if you drivers know what kind of problems this type of truck has, why would you put yourself in an unsafe situation? I'm sure the cop did a thourgh investigation of what happen, so yes I will believe him over a fellow employee who is trying to cover his buddy's rear end. You want to talk about respect I watch everyday out on the highway on how you r+l drivers are always in a big hurry tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic. I honestly believe you drivers try to drive like Matt Kenseth. So don't talk to me about respect. If a YRC driver is involved in a wreck and he is at fault, I am not going to defend him because he should have known better. Remember you are a professional driver so drive like one. Don't drive like you are a OTR shiny wheel driver. The world is not going to come to an end if you arrive at your destination a few minutes later.

Well if you drivers know what kind of problems this type of truck has, why would you put yourself in an unsafe situation? I'm sure the cop did a thourgh investigation of what happen, so yes I will believe him over a fellow employee who is trying to cover his buddy's rear end. You want to talk about respect I watch everyday out on the highway on how you r+l drivers are always in a big hurry tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic. I honestly believe you drivers try to drive like Matt Kenseth. So don't talk to me about respect. If a YRC driver is involved in a wreck and he is at fault, I am not going to defend him because he should have known better. Remember you are a professional driver so drive like one. Don't drive like you are a OTR shiny wheel driver. The world is not going to come to an end if you arrive at your destination a few minutes later.
no but you would convict because of what you read go back to your owne board with your negative threads,sounds like your very unhappy