ODFL | Old Dominion Freight Sees Acquisitions

i did see this story a couple of days ago and wondered who would OD buy if it could.I can guess a few but don't know if they are for sale.Anybody want to throw out any names and off hand we could probably eliminate any that are union so that narrows it down.

It could be negotiations with one of the big ones East or South East. Maybe one of the private ones are in trouble. We got a couple of Dugan restarts out here running the Midwest but I think that would be like chasing there tail. Could be still after that one up in MPS. They sure have been able to pull one out of there hat thats 4 sure.

Magnum perhaps? But I think the next buyout is going to be something major like Saia or Estes.

O.D. partnered with Magnum a while back.They have good looking equipment and the drivers I met would be an asset to any company.I think they're family owned too.

It is not unusual that a little inside information is leaked out to send ripples in the financial community. Though the SEC regulates inside information that can influence stock prices there are still legal means to attempt to influence stock price through information. Analyst listen to what officers of corporations say and include this in their reasoning to rate the stock as a buy or a sell. Officers of corporations hold large blocks of stock and benefit when the price goes up. This statement by David really is almost like saying were going to do things just like we always have. Nothing really new here till we see a result. Of course it could be something else. We will see.

I agree with Sparky here. Not a lot going on except what just about every other company in America is dealing with now.....a flat economy, shrinking profit margins, and limited chances for growth in the near future.

When that happens companies have very little choice but to be creative on the services/products they provide, get competitive on their pricing, diversify into other areas, or consolodate and buy/merge with other companies to increase their customer base. Sounds like OD has a game plan and is working it out. Let's see what happens. Could get real exciting.

billyslo

Hold up, wait a minute. SLO-diminion doesn't have enuff $$ to buy SAIA!!! They can't even pay their road drivers a decent wage>> :chairshot: : :hysterical: :hysterical: :knockout:

Hold up, wait a minute. SLO-diminion doesn't have enuff $$ to buy SAIA!!! They can't even pay their road drivers a decent wage>> :chairshot: : :hysterical: :hysterical: :knockout:

Thats probably true. If Saia drivers make more in benifits and wages and were happy with thier company it would not be a good match. It would be a huge acusition they are as big or bigger than OD. The drivers would not be happy at all and would quit or just cause problems. This is not the kind of company that OD has ever bought in the past.

If I remember rIght though Saia SLOED down them Clark trucks when they bought them out.

just look back at who OD has bought in the past and look how many terminals they had,and then how many OD kept as new terminals.I say someone like Bob's Pickup and delivery in MT or RAC Transport in NM

just look back at who OD has bought in the past and look how many terminals they had,and then how many OD kept as new terminals.I say someone like Bob's Pickup and delivery in MT or RAC Transport in NM

That's about right.I checked O.D.'s website out,they've got over 15000 employees now.When I started we never even had employee numbers then they give me a 3 digit number later.

Yeah if OD bought out a really big one that was not in real big trouble it would just go bad real quick. Not there style at allll.

I'm tell'in ya man.. it's time to start buying the big competition to eliminate them!:hide:

is midwest motor express a union company because they would fit in nicely if they are not

From what MME's website is showing that might be a good lick.I don't know about their equipment but the region looks good.

O.D.'s 2nd quarter conference call is coming July 26....I look for a lot of good,positive things to come out of that.....raises are just around the corner...