ODFL | Old Dominion Freight Sees Acquisitions

From what MME's website is showing that might be a good lick.I don't know about their equipment but the region looks good.

MME has very nice equipment, conventional FreightRattlers just like you guys....tandems though. Also they pull LCV's [loooonnngggg combination vehicles] 45-53' doubles.

Heck of a group of guys working there too.

Any idea if OD is still using the curtain side trailers from Priority or have they parked them.They may be finding out how useful they could be so if MME is in the future those long doubles could be too.

Still running a 1 or 2 curtains for local use. Really come in handy when you have a bundle of pipe to deliver. I'm not sure though if they migrate out of here back in the system. It just seems like there's always one around when we need it.

Maybe OD will learn they are a handy thing and get a least one for every terminal.Averritt here has several 48 curtains and i have not found out yet if they are dedicated or not.

That's no problem,O.D. is storing those trailers for them,at a nominal fee of course.

the drivers using the xtra lease trailors say there junk one had to have 8 tires put on last week none would pass insp. had to fight with rental company to get them put on just looks like it would be easier to bring some of those curtain vans east that ay od could maintain them and not pay rental fees

jim bob ,why did u decide to delete my post? is it because you work for slo- diminion? there was nothong intended to offend anyone just to state the facts, mabye u shudn't be a moderater because what u feel is offensive other people have a right to an opinion !! what kind of authority due u have to silence a persons thoughts? i must have really hit a nerve or self doubt about a persons future ina company! i am posting this for all to see, because i want to show everyone what i feel ! last i heard this is the land where u can say what u want when u want and if this don't confirm to ur needs well take a flight to cuba where they tell u what to say and what to think!(dictatorship)

Its not a democracy either dude if your post got deleted just let it roll off your back instead of making a deal about it.

That's about right.I checked O.D.'s website out,they've got over 15000 employees now.When I started we never even had employee numbers then they give me a 3 digit number later.

According to Forbes-ODFL at a glance, OD has 10,762 employees.