XPO | Oldest Cascadia

Last batch of trucks sold when I still worked there was probably 2011-12, when they sold off a few 1999-2000 Sterlings. All had 1.1 -1.3 million on them. TM said they sold for $5000 each and all went to Mexico.
Heard they sold a handful to some DSR's for around $2500 a piece in the last year or so . I heard they resold them for a profit .

I wonder , with XPO looking for ways to save money , have they changed the maintenance schedules or the approach that shops take towards the equipment?
From what I was told at the shop that does our tractor PM's if it costs $1500+ to fix ,it has to be parked until it has corporate approval to be fixed . Sounds true my bucket had a blown head gasket took 4 weeks to get back .

It's been nearly a decade of Cascadias. I remember an old terminal manager saying you won't see drivers in Sterlings anymore. There's still one in the yard , but it's never used.

Is XPO terming out Cascadias once they hit a certain mileage? If so , how high does the mileage have to be?

It's been nearly a decade of Cascadias. I remember an old terminal manager saying you won't see drivers in Sterlings anymore. There's still one in the yard , but it's never used.

Is XPO terming out Cascadias once they hit a certain mileage? If so , how high does the mileage have to be?
We have 12 Sterlings all in service. Plus 4 for the school.

I drive a 99 Sterling with 1,100,000 miles. It's still going strong

I heard that they have a formula on mileage and how many years. At my barn line haul truck are assigned runs for mileage. The trucks need to last 10yrs before it hits 1 million miles
At our barn trucks hit one million in six years of linehaul. Most run a tad over one thousand miles every twenty four hours.

Sterling trucks build character. Those are some tough trucks. A lot of guys at Holland swear they wouldn’t have survived the last decade without them.

You got that wrong. It's not the truck that builds character. It's just trucking. Sterlings were uncomfortable but reliable. Cascadias are comfortable and nothing but trouble. And now we have these Internationals. They are uncomfortable and full of new problems. There ain't some magic carpet ride out there. You are gonna have to deal with some ::shit:: regardless. Be glad you ain't in a naturally aspirated cab over without power steering. Let alone a radio and AC.

You got that wrong. It's not the truck that builds character. It's just trucking. Sterlings were uncomfortable but reliable. Cascadias are comfortable and nothing but trouble. And now we have these Internationals. They are uncomfortable and full of new problems. There ain't some magic carpet ride out there. You are gonna have to deal with some :::shit::: regardless. Be glad you ain't in a naturally aspirated cab over without power steering. Let alone a radio and AC.
Before my time with Con-Way/XPO many many years ago I drove a cab over Volvo that was nearly a " magic carpet". Great torque and speed while riding smooth. Ahh the good old days.