Estes | on call Sunday

Kings disciple

Ecc. 12:13
Credits
This was my "on-call Sunday" and for the first time in years TM called and said stay home. Not surprised, been having trouble getting teams and xtra guys out on Sunday for a while.

yes it was my weekend also. all good i hurt myself fri so i wasn't goin to work anyhow. it is slow i hope it picks up

yes it was my weekend also. all good i hurt myself fri so i wasn't goin to work anyhow. it is slow i hope it picks up

Ya I read a post you put up about your back. Two blown out discs here and two surgeries, I used to pull alot of lowboy and slinging timbers and tarps got me, no pain these days but ain't had no feeling in the back of my left leg in years. Hope you get better quick bro.

hydro's are nice

Borat.jpg

Once again here @ 024.. our OB is full and awaiting you linehaul fellas to pick up the freight. NO empties are to be ran until further notice so I've heard, this past week that hasn't been a problem. Only problem we've had is the southern boy's not having any freight to meet halfway. Hope the re-bids work out for everyone. Any other news goin around?:popcorn:

Once again here @ 024.. our OB is full and awaiting you linehaul fellas to pick up the freight. NO empties are to be ran until further notice so I've heard, this past week that hasn't been a problem. Only problem we've had is the southern boy's not having any freight to meet halfway. Hope the re-bids work out for everyone. Any other news goin around?:popcorn:

That's the problem we got in the south. I meet a guy from north and he has freight but central won't let me go meet him with a 20 lead and a empty. Cut me twice last week.

That's the problem we got in the south. I meet a guy from north and he has freight but central won't let me go meet him with a 20 lead and a empty. Cut me twice last week.

They left alot of scheduled folks home last week and ran extra boarders around empty.....Maybe extra board wont be too bad next year. I never understood the empty thing. If you have a loaded pup and a emty. The revenue per mile is still going to be good. Some dispatchers look at the weight some look at the space % some look at the revenue. The revenue is the only way I see it. $$$$$$$$.

i heard in this new package we won't be running on Sunday anymore

I hear a few drivers will be needed on Sunday for freight that has to be delivered Monday morning. And will most likely be a schedule. ....The countdown continues

They left alot of scheduled folks home last week and ran extra boarders around empty.....Maybe extra board wont be too bad next year. I never understood the empty thing. If you have a loaded pup and a emty. The revenue per mile is still going to be good. Some dispatchers look at the weight some look at the space % some look at the revenue. The revenue is the only way I see it. $$$$$$$$.

Same here...my meet man was bringing me 38 on a set so me pulln 20 to him and then gettn 38 back...hey thats good revenue on a turn, why mess with that?

Same here...my meet man was bringing me 38 on a set so me pulln 20 to him and then gettn 38 back...hey thats good revenue on a turn, why mess with that?

Truckload carriers pull freight for 1/2 the money. And stay in buisness. That makes me wonder sometimes if we are really debt free:hide:

sunday

it sucks being on call sunday. ya wait at home all day for them to tell ya stay home . no pay , no nuttin

it sucks being on call sunday. ya wait at home all day for them to tell ya stay home . no pay , no nuttin

My view is that they get away with what you let them. Personally I would not waist a Sunday sitting at home, I would go talk with GOD and Jesus. They have this thing called a cell phone. You can actually go around town and get calls. Ok that was done in humor so lighten the hecK up. i would call and let them know You are going out and they need to let you know before
you leave in oh 2 minutes. They are not going to fire you just tell them you are going to church and you are taking the guidepost with you to discuss what moraly bankrupt cults are doing to mess up america.

My view is that they get away with what you let them. Personally I would not waist a Sunday sitting at home, I would go talk with GOD and Jesus. They have this thing called a cell phone. You can actually go around town and get calls. Ok that was done in humor so lighten the hecK up. i would call and let them know You are going out and they need to let you know before
you leave in oh 2 minutes. They are not going to fire you just tell them you are going to church and you are taking the guidepost with you to discuss what moraly bankrupt cults are doing to mess up america.

No way would I ever talk to the people at my barn that way.They did'nt make me agree to do it. When I took the bid I understood that I would have to do a on-call Sunday once a month and I agreed to it, so why would I complain when it comes my turn? Nobody held a gun to my head and made me take the run that included a Sunday a month. It's not like they snuck it in on me after the fact. Your also wrong when you say they won't fire you for refusing to do it, they will and they have for insubordination.

well when i hired on back in 97, they called and asked me if i wanted a job. i did not call them. they did not say anything about working on sunday. i went almost two years before they set me up no sunday call. as far as using your cell phone and doing your thing , the problem comes in as to what do you do? stay home ,waste your valuable day w/ your family. and when you call up that evening , they tell you stay home. or do you run around ,stay up all day , then when you call , they run you all over bumfreak egypt!!

Obviously some people did not find the humor and truth in my post. Its not agreeing to something that I am talking about. I gaurantee you that if you had a church function or a softball game you would not have to be on call. I personally would not sit around on my day off waiting for a phone call. If I had to you bet I would call them first thing and find out what I could about what they might need or not need me at all.