XPO | One-day logs

Why is this so hard to understand?Go back and look at the first replys on this.The Federal rules are the minimum requirements for info that is to be on a log sheet.The company has the right to require any and all info on their log sheets that they wish us to put on there as long as all Federally required info is on there , such as equipment #'s, name and signature,home office and terminal address.Anything after that, such as SIC code , employee #,or the like ,the Co. has every right to require this.These are the rules and if you don't like it ,walk into your SCM's office on Monday and quit if you can't handle it.I always say "Choose wisely which sword you fall on." Good luck at your new job.Enjoy your Top Ramen in your sleeper.

:hide: I get a sense of urgency doing this crap on OVERTIME! Sorry about your luck, I DO get overtime!:smilie_132:

I have great luck. I have been at Con-Way for 21 years and will work another 12 and be out of here.Spend my days fishing and racing and remembering the good times I have had here when I go.I am unusual around this company in that I prefer to run into an FAC and I do what I'm told and they leave me alone.If more people just shut up and play the game , life for them would be easier.I don't agree with everything the company does but I will survive.Could be worse, my brother-in-law just got laid off at Roadway.

I have great luck. I have been at Con-Way for 21 years and will work another 12 and be out of here.Spend my days fishing and racing and remembering the good times I have had here when I go.I am unusual around this company in that I prefer to run into an FAC and I do what I'm told and they leave me alone.If more people just shut up and play the game , life for them would be easier.I don't agree with everything the company does but I will survive.Could be worse, my brother-in-law just got laid off at Roadway.

:hide: Good for your Brother in law: hope he gets in with Obomas kids: pay nothing:::get a refund!!!!!!! :smilie_132:

Why is this so hard to understand?Go back and look at the first replys on this.The Federal rules are the minimum requirements for info that is to be on a log sheet.The company has the right to require any and all info on their log sheets that they wish us to put on there as long as all Federally required info is on there , such as equipment #'s, name and signature,home office and terminal address.Anything after that, such as SIC code , employee #,or the like ,the Co. has every right to require this.These are the rules and if you don't like it ,walk into your SCM's office on Monday and quit if you can't handle it.I always say "Choose wisely which sword you fall on." Good luck at your new job.Enjoy your Top Ramen in your sleeper.

Gee, thanks for the advice.

My understanding is that Conway Freight wants linehaul and flex drivers to fill out logs for each day, so if you are off on vacation or a PTO day you have to fill out a log for each day. NONSENSE!!!!!! It states in the Federal Motor Carriers handbook that mutiples days can be logged on one log. I pity a driver that if off on LOA and has to come back and fill out 6 months of logs. If this is the case Conway should pay a driver to do this.

After a week on vacation, all I fill out when I come back is a Hours of Service Certificate for the last seven days and all is done. One small piece of paper. Takes maybe five minutes to fill out.

log scanning

Log reading is another task that we outsource. The vendor that takes care of this for us does it with automatic optical scanners and apparently there are no allowances made for multiple day logs.

Oh, and they are compensated by the number of logs they read so more logs means more compensation.

Am curious who signed off on this because it really looks like a great gig.
they are outsourced to john l. or dave m. relatives who own the business. just a thought. not a quote.

After a week on vacation, all I fill out when I come back is a Hours of Service Certificate for the last seven days and all is done. One small piece of paper. Takes maybe five minutes to fill out.

That's good to know, thank you for letting me know this. I will be sure to let co-workers know this. And will say something to SCM about this also.

An employer may have a higher standard that is not inconsistent with the applicable regulations. For example, an employer could require a driver to have 12 hours off duty in a duty cycle or subject them to more frequent "company" drug tests than random pool would dictate.

Paul Taylor
Attorney
Employment Lawyer Burnsville Minnesota Wrongful Termination Whistleblower Attorney

Didn't you mean not "consistent" with applicable regulations..?? Hence, the higher standard..??

Not inconsistent with the regs. as I said. I think that the double negative is more appropriate that saying consistent with the regs., at least in this context.