FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won’t be long before insurance companies demand cameras in the cab of business owners. Liability issues.
The company the Cuban worked for had violations for brakes, and 2, for not being able to speak enough English to communicate with police, which is required by FMCSA.

But you’re still assuming the driver caused a wreck that killed 4 because he couldn’t read English. No facts.
The words possibly, caused, or because Is not assuming anything there, Ted. But if you have seen the video taped by the 2 guys following him coming into Denver, you may get it then... I will side with the violations posted on the Feds website.

The words possibly, caused, or because Is not assuming anything there, Ted. But if you have seen the video taped by the 2 guys following him coming into Denver, you may get it then... I will side with the violations posted on the Feds website.
Share a link for all to read and see.

I am curious about the video and would like to watch.

Once again, if this were on trial, you don’t win based off assumption.

One could already argue distracted driving; especially if there is a video. More of an argument for a camera in the cab.

How much money do they spend on pictures on interstates for our non reading english drivers?

Share a link for all to read and see.

I am curious about the video and would like to watch.

Once again, if this were on trial, you don’t win based off assumption.

One could already argue distracted driving; especially if there is a video. More of an argument for a camera in the cab.
Just Google, driver arrested in Colorado crash, Ted. There are 2-3 posted. I am back behind the wheel now. My turn to drive.

Just Google, driver arrested in Colorado crash, Ted. There are 2-3 posted. I am back behind the wheel now. My turn to drive.
I’ll play your fancy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1001941

Are you talking about this? Per report, the driver said his brakes failed.

And quote “
He said he attempted to maneuver to the right shoulder to avoid stopped traffic, and when he saw that shoulder was blocked by another stopped semi-truck he swerved back into lanes of stopped traffic, according to an the affidavit.

Aguilera allegedly said that he thought he was going to die and closed his eyes before hitting stopped traffic, according to the affidavit.” / end quote.

No where in any of the reports does it mention the driver does not know English, and the cause of the crash as you boldly claim.

You provide a link to the story, or are you telling fables to belittle another language?

I’ll play your fancy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1001941

Are you talking about this? Per report, the driver said his brakes failed.

And quote “
He said he attempted to maneuver to the right shoulder to avoid stopped traffic, and when he saw that shoulder was blocked by another stopped semi-truck he swerved back into lanes of stopped traffic, according to an the affidavit.

Aguilera allegedly said that he thought he was going to die and closed his eyes before hitting stopped traffic, according to the affidavit.” / end quote.

No where in any of the reports does it mention the driver does not know English, and the cause of the crash as you boldly claim.

You provide a link to the story, or are you telling fables to belittle another language?
Assume, whatever you want. If you don’t think there are major issues related to language barriers, and properly issued CDL’s in this whole industry, then you either haven’t been out there long, or don’t have a clue.

Last edited:
Assume, whatever you want. If you don’t think there are major issues related to language barriers, and properly issued CDL’s in this whole industry, then you either haven’t been out there long, or don’t have a clue.

You made up a complete fabrication and now pushing the asssumption off on me? I even searched your story and not once did it ever mention what you claimed.

I have seen the some of the world. Unfortunately, a lot of lies and falsehood. You’re a great example of it. Telling little lies to further an agenda. What it is I don’t know but obviously you don’t like foreign language.

I would like to see your Ukraine story as well. I haven’t forgotten it.

Sounds like you haven’t seen the world. Yes, you have driven it but yet you still lack so much.

Last edited:
You made up a complete fabrication and now pushing the asssumption off on me? I even searched your story and not once did it ever mention what you claimed.

I have seen the some of the world. Unfortunately, a lot of lies and falsehood. You’re a great example of it. Telling little lies to further an agenda. What it is I don’t know but obviously you don’t like foreign language.

I would like to see your Ukraine story as well. I haven’t forgotten it.

Sounds like you haven’t seen the world. Yes, you have driven it but yet you still lack so much.
You are completely glossing over the fact that a driver whose brakes failed, as per his admission, did not use a posted runaway ramp. Why would he not have used the available runaway ramp? Signs are posted miles in advance indicating where these ramps are located.

There's a huge language barrier problem in the trucking industry. I've spoken to drivers from India whose ability to actually read English is so bad that they determine if applicable scales are closed or open by counting the letters in the light-up word. By their own admission they do this. They can't read signs and depend entirely on exit numbers to know where they're supposed to go.

BRG isn't accusing anyone of not being able to read here. All he's saying is that a language barrier may have played a role in the crash. Cool your jets. Doesn't change the fact that the driver who drives past a runaway ramp after suffering a brake failure does not belong in the cab, whether it be by language, poor training or lack of observation.

lies to further an agenda. What it is I don’t know but obviously you don’t like foreign language.
Welcome back George, it's been years...

Speculation is not unreasonable, considering the case. The law is supposed to require the ability to speak and read the English language. Out on the street, we see that this is NOT enforced. In the past we have questioned why not...

Where's your evidence that supports distracted driving in this case? And speaking of agendas, what's your's (this time around)? Seems you're an advocate of cameras in the cab. Not a problem, just don't be shy about it.

Senators introduce bill to limit trucks to 65 mph

https://www.fleetowner.com/regulati...m=email&elq2=218095a9cee141de8af7c2c930d609a1

"U.S. Sens. Johnny Isakson (R-GA), and Chris Coons (D-DE) on June 27 introduced legislation that would require all new commercial trucks with a gross weight of 26,001 pounds or more to be equipped with speed-limiting devices set to a maximum speed of 65 mph and be used at all times while in operation."

More rolling roadblocks anyone? When will speed limiters on cars be advocated? How many lives might THAT save?

You are completely glossing over the fact that a driver whose brakes failed, as per his admission, did not use a posted runaway ramp. Why would he not have used the available runaway ramp? Signs are posted miles in advance indicating where these ramps are located.

There's a huge language barrier problem in the trucking industry. I've spoken to drivers from India whose ability to actually read English is so bad that they determine if applicable scales are closed or open by counting the letters in the light-up word. By their own admission they do this. They can't read signs and depend entirely on exit numbers to know where they're supposed to go.

BRG isn't accusing anyone of not being able to read here. All he's saying is that a language barrier may have played a role in the crash. Cool your jets. Doesn't change the fact that the driver who drives past a runaway ramp after suffering a brake failure does not belong in the cab, whether it be by language, poor training or lack of observation.

Not saying it has not happened, most brake failures are driver related,as you stated lack of training or observation.
In 3.5 million miles, I've had only 1, the 121,ABS computer failed on a bobtail in 1978.

They disabled the fleet shortly after.
Back in the 50s, before the invent of the spring brake, you broke an airline, you were SOL.

Senators introduce bill to limit trucks to 65 mph

https://www.fleetowner.com/regulati...m=email&elq2=218095a9cee141de8af7c2c930d609a1

"U.S. Sens. Johnny Isakson (R-GA), and Chris Coons (D-DE) on June 27 introduced legislation that would require all new commercial trucks with a gross weight of 26,001 pounds or more to be equipped with speed-limiting devices set to a maximum speed of 65 mph and be used at all times while in operation."

More rolling roadblocks anyone? When will speed limiters on cars be advocated? How many lives might THAT save?
Why not install speed detectors, similar to cameras at intersections, for instance under overpass’s on interstates, without warning signage, and your speeding ticket comes in the mail to you? You want to drive 75 plus? It could cost you your license. I think most drivers can see that since the states have raised the limit to 70mph in the past 5 years, it has gotten out of control out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.