XPO | overtime?

1st if conway drops overtime they will really have a hard time keeping/hiring real freight hands.my sm told me verbatem, i cant hire freight men anymore all i can hire is clerks. 2nd, in southern, were getting a slap in the face by not getting time and a half over 8. dont worry about overtime gentelmen, worry about your icp going away!!!

No overtime after 8?

:Bondage:I'm a city guy in Central. Do Southern guys not get OT after 8? How about 40?

slapped face

no sir we dont get either, we get time @ a half over 50, so we work 8 one day 10 one then 12 or what ever or whats worse, 4 decent days, then on friday you get hammered to the 49.59 minute mark,and if you want/get overtime the white shirt gets in trouble.i'm one that's happy as i could possibly be at 40 hrs. and kick me out the door.

1st if conway drops overtime they will really have a hard time keeping/hiring real freight hands.my sm told me verbatem, i cant hire freight men anymore all i can hire is clerks. 2nd, in southern, were getting a slap in the face by not getting time and a half over 8. dont worry about overtime gentelmen, worry about your icp going away!!!
AAA Cooper, Southeastern, Old Dominion, and a couple of others don't pay OT at all and they don't have a problem finding drivers. That's because those drivers hired know that there is no OT and know they can work 11 or 12 or 13 hours a day and make some good money (consistently). If Conway (southern) switches to over time after 8 hours, that would be a cut in pay for most folks who have always depended on 50 hours +. IF you hired on at Conway and the OT was after 50 hours in the week, well, then what is the problem?

:console:How is it for Western? OT after 8? After 40?When we have the compensation survey I'll be sure to pull for Southern to get paid like Central.

overtime is a good/needed thing

howdy my southern neighbor,yes sir you have a valid point. i hired on way before overtime. dont get me wrong, if a coworker wants it more power to them. all i'm saying is, we have bosses that think if i'm here you,re here. 40 is all i need/want and dont get me wrong i'm not rich or a spoiled brat type, i work to live not live to work. seriously any of my coworkers can have all of mine over 40. you missed the main point, the over 50 is missused and highly abused at my terminal and i would venture to bet its going on at plenty of terminals in southern depending on the person running the show.....

howdy my southern neighbor,yes sir you have a valid point. i hired on way before overtime. dont get me wrong, if a coworker wants it more power to them. all i'm saying is, we have bosses that think if i'm here you,re here. 40 is all i need/want and dont get me wrong i'm not rich or a spoiled brat type, i work to live not live to work. seriously any of my coworkers can have all of mine over 40. you missed the main point, the over 50 is missused and highly abused at my terminal and i would venture to bet its going on at plenty of terminals in southern depending on the person running the show.....

You have made a good point and I doubt if many conway employees from other regions know about Southern"s lower pay & their overtime practices.

And just because some of those company-man types say " Well thats what they were doing when they hired ya...... OR .... Other truck lines dont pay O/T" etc. etc. etc.

It pisses me off when I hear or read that crap or the or any of the other crap that the comany is putting out..... Look if we are all ONE company now we should all be paid the same per hour & same O/T..

Beerfd says
"AAA Cooper, Southeastern, Old Dominion, and a couple of others don't pay OT at all and they don't have a problem finding drivers. That's because those drivers hired know that there is no OT and know they can work 11 or 12 or 13 hours a day and make some good money (consistently). If Conway (southern) switches to over time after 8 hours, that would be a cut in pay for most folks who have always depended on 50 hours +. IF you hired on at Conway and the OT was after 50 hours in the week, well, then what is the problem?"

Knowing it dont make it right, and a company as big as this one shouldnt be hiding behind an OLD overtime law
Cut in pay ??? How do you figure that??? What.. you think that at the 7.5 hr mark you will be called in to let someone else finnish your route:hysterical:

The problem is that we have been lied to too many times, had too many bennifits taken away, You want ta work 50 or more thats fine
but a lot of us do not and for sure not at straight time.

I wonder??? if conway paid O/T after 8 and cut us all back to 40 hrs a week would YOU quit and go over to one of those truck lines that LET ya work 50 or more hrs at stright time???:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Your non-overtime job bought..
CFI
Craftsman race truck & track
RE-brand " EVERYTHING"
new uniforms " THAT WE DIDNT NEED"
Dave M"s new digs

Cost to you...........
Increase in cost on your insurance
loss of 5 days of sick leave
loss of pension
smaller raise's

You have made a good point and I doubt if many conway employees from other regions know about Southern"s lower pay & their overtime practices.

And just because some of those company-man types say " Well thats what they were doing when they hired ya...... OR .... Other truck lines dont pay O/T" etc. etc. etc.

It pisses me off when I hear or read that crap or the or any of the other crap that the comany is putting out..... Look if we are all ONE company now we should all be paid the same per hour & same O/T..

Beerfd says
"AAA Cooper, Southeastern, Old Dominion, and a couple of others don't pay OT at all and they don't have a problem finding drivers. That's because those drivers hired know that there is no OT and know they can work 11 or 12 or 13 hours a day and make some good money (consistently). If Conway (southern) switches to over time after 8 hours, that would be a cut in pay for most folks who have always depended on 50 hours +. IF you hired on at Conway and the OT was after 50 hours in the week, well, then what is the problem?"

Knowing it dont make it right, and a company as big as this one shouldnt be hiding behind an OLD overtime law
Cut in pay ??? How do you figure that??? What.. you think that at the 7.5 hr mark you will be called in to let someone else finnish your route:hysterical:

The problem is that we have been lied to too many times, had too many bennifits taken away, You want ta work 50 or more thats fine
but a lot of us do not and for sure not at straight time.

I wonder??? if conway paid O/T after 8 and cut us all back to 40 hrs a week would YOU quit and go over to one of those truck lines that LET ya work 50 or more hrs at stright time???:hysterical::hysterical:

Your non-overtime job bought..
CFI
Craftsman race truck & track
RE-brand " EVERYTHING"
new uniforms " THAT WE DIDNT NEED"
Dave M"s new digs

Cost to you...........
Increase in cost on your insurance
loss of 5 days of sick leave
loss of pension
smaller raise's
I could not make as much money this year, as I did last year if ot was over 8 hours.
That is a cut in pay.:chairshot:

One company , same policy

How on earth did the OT policy wind up different for Southern compared to Central? Who the hell thought it was a good:chairshot: idea? Has it been this way from the start? Not a con-bot is right if we are one company then we should have the same policy. BTW were are the details about the company wide transfer policy?

Here I've seen the FOS breaking freight in the morning while some drivers sit in the break room waiting to get on the clock at 9 and after. Last TM leased a small truck and made deliveries himself. He was fired but I hear it wasn't for doing this but another reason. I'll have to ask to make sure but I think it's after 40 hours before O/T here, Former CSE.

Here I've seen the FOS breaking freight in the morning while some drivers sit in the break room waiting to get on the clock at 9 and after. Last TM leased a small truck and made deliveries himself. He was fired but I hear it wasn't for doing this but another reason. I'll have to ask to make sure but I think it's after 40 hours before O/T here, Former CSE.
No, it's after 50 hours. Your driver works linehaul, so it's of no concern to him.

How on earth did the OT policy wind up different for Southern compared to Central? Who the hell thought it was a good:chairshot: idea? Has it been this way from the start? Not a con-bot is right if we are one company then we should have the same policy. BTW were are the details about the company wide transfer policy?

I believe the reason the policies are different between old central and southern are a product of the environments they were created in. Central was started in the heavily labor controlled areas like Toledo and Chicago when industry was still very strong in these areas. They wanted to remain "third party free", so they had no choice but to pay good wages and overtime. I don't believe the south was labor controlled back then, or is now. Also, they were started as separate companies. Hope that helps.

While it's true that it doesn't affect my husband, I am with you on this. I don't understand why everything isn't brought under one roof like it should be. As my driver says "We are the stepchild".:chairshot:

It's too bad that Conway(I know we still have our regions)don't have the same policy on ot thru out the system.:USA: