PA Reports speeding truck crashes at all time high.

Has,Tonage in PA gone up do to migration of Companies out of The upper North East?
Has the migration of NJ and NY residents increased in PA?
Did foreign drivers increase in this region?

I would like to know these factors but I dont. But being a betting type of guy i would say yes.

Thank You Apostolic!!

Number Of Deaths From Speeding Truck Crashes At All Time High - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

Ok drivers take note of this report if you are involved in any crash,where its proven you were at fault breaking any traffic laws.
You may not just have your CDL taken away,but you could also spend time in jail.

Speeding never pays,as in the law of averages it will catch up with you,sooner,or later.

What's really sad is that people have been increasing their overall speeds in the last 10 years on not just Interstates but every other road in the vain attempt to get somewhere faster as if that additional 5-15 minutes saved matters at all.

I get the tail riders constantly as if I am the slowest vehicle out there even when I'm doing the posted speed limit AND at 5 mph over. I do not however practice the same to others because trucks cannot stop very quickly with or without a trailer.
Too many truck drivers seem to believe that riding the tail of the forward vehicle is going to somehow magically help them along their way when in reality these ignorant truck drivers are setting themselves up for a possible or probable killing.

I'll continue to be the truck that is passed even when I'm doing the posted speed.
I drive by WHAT IS SAFE, not by how fast can I get there, because one can drive only so fast before becoming airborne due to slick conditions of Rain, Ice, Snow or impacting a vehicle, wall, construction worker, etc.

ARRIVE ALIVE!!

What's really sad is that people have been increasing their overall speeds in the last 10 years on not just Interstates but every other road in the vain attempt to get somewhere faster as if that additional 5-15 minutes saved matters at all.

I get the tail riders constantly as if I am the slowest vehicle out there even when I'm doing the posted speed limit AND at 5 mph over. I do not however practice the same to others because trucks cannot stop very quickly with or without a trailer.
Too many truck drivers seem to believe that riding the tail of the forward vehicle is going to somehow magically help them along their way when in reality these ignorant truck drivers are setting themselves up for a possible or probable killing.

I'll continue to be the truck that is passed even when I'm doing the posted speed.
I drive by WHAT IS SAFE, not by how fast can I get there, because one can drive only so fast before becoming airborne due to slick conditions of Rain, Ice, Snow or impacting a vehicle, wall, construction worker, etc.

ARRIVE ALIVE!!

Them's the Super Truckas. They da best. They can drive 70 mph, while you're only doing 40-45 cuz you can't even see the snow-covered road. :bowdown: Meanwhile, they have you pinned on the edge of the rumble strips as they pass.:bicycle: But that doesn't matter, they can drive 70 mph in the snow. Their HEROES.:butt kiss::TR10driving03:

The type of driver that is breaking traffic laws including speed limits.
Are the ones with a death wish,not only for themselves,but everyone else that may be on the road with them.

In a word (Selfish) with any regards only for them,and nobody else.

The law of averages will catch up with them some day.
Hopefully they won't take anyone else with them.

Them's the Super Truckas. They da best. They can drive 70 mph, while you're only doing 40-45 cuz you can't even see the snow-covered road. :bowdown: Meanwhile, they have you pinned on the edge of the rumble strips as they pass.:bicycle: But that doesn't matter, they can drive 70 mph in the snow. Their HEROES.:butt kiss::TR10driving03:

i dont drive 70 in the snow but i do pass the ones that are driving 30.im no stranger to the snow and ice.my average speed in the snow is 45.i can tell when i come up on a truck that he/she is nerves so i get on the radio and talk to them.most of the time i can calm them down and get them up to 40-45.i just tell them to hang back follow my lights and if my break lights come on you batter put yours on.but the ice is a whole different animal.as slow as you feel comfortable and no sudden moves.

there is always somebody out there to tell you your wrong and how to drive. I say drive a mile in my truck like walking in someones shoes and then tell me how to drive.

The type of driver that is breaking traffic laws including speed limits.
Are the ones with a death wish,not only for themselves,but everyone else that may be on the road with them.

In a word (Selfish) with any regards only for them,and nobody else.

The law of averages will catch up with them some day.
Hopefully they won't take anyone else with them.

I do believe you captured the problem in that one word "Selfish"...

Why do think obeying the law is having a poor attitude,in your opinion?
You know that prisons are chock full of folks who thought they didn't have to obey the laws of our land.
Do you think they had a good attitude?

Speeding is ok only if you can stop in a very short distance,which we both know is impossible with a large piece of equipment with a lot of weight in the trailer.

But if you have your mind made up that people who obey traffic laws have a bad attitude,so be it.

I will only pray when the law of averages catches up with you,that you don't take anyone down with you.

Lord have mercy...Bad attitude indeed????

I read an article in NSC booklet years ago that stated "85% of high speed (over 55 mph)jacknifes are fatal . Remember driving is a little like baseball,it is how many times you reach home safely that count !!

Why do think obeying the law is having a poor attitude,in your opinion?
You know that prisons are chock full of folks who thought they didn't have to obey the laws of our land.
Do you think they had a good attitude?

Speeding is ok only if you can stop in a very short distance,which we both know is impossible with a large piece of equipment with a lot of weight in the trailer.

But if you have your mind made up that people who obey traffic laws have a bad attitude,so be it.

I will only pray when the law of averages catches up with you,that you don't take anyone down with you.

Lord have mercy...Bad attitude indeed????

Read the quote Dumbass My "attitude" comment wasn't for you, it was responding to RACHET'S POST. I was agreeing with your post speaking of "selfish". Sorry I didn't make myself clear. !?!

Sorry about that.
I did misunderstand who you were making your comments too.
Please find it in your heart to forgive me for my oversight.

Remember to err is human,to forgive is devine.

Sorry about that.
I did misunderstand who you were making your comments too.
Please find it in your heart to forgive me for my oversight.

Remember to err is human,to forgive is devine.

No Problem,I just couldn't understand why I was getting a scolding and a lecture when I was agreeing with you.Also Dumb@ss was a little Harsh:silenced:

I guess you'd view me as a Super Trucker. I run as fast as I feel I can safely for conditions. Admittedly that is usually flat out. I have never shut down for weather w/pups. I often get followed by OTR van guys because they figure they won't crack up, if I don't. I usually pass almost everything on the road, I probably would, except our trucks are governed.

Where I drove before, I used to frequently do 65 or 70 on ice and snow if conditions were favorable. I always slow down when passing slower traffic. I closely monitor outside temps, because that gives me accurate info as to what is under the ice/snow I'm driving on.

The prior company I worked for had a policy of "If the road is closed!!! Find another one." Blinding snow at 3 AM? Hit your 4 ways and shut off your headlights. Works fine. I can roll along at 50 or 60 that way for miles.

I learned to drive in Ohio and PA and NY. I frequently passed people in AR, over the winter, in my personal vehicle. I would slow to 35 or 40 to pass, then speed back up to 65 or 70. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, don't be a rolling road block. There is a parking space at a truck stop w/your name on it!!! I've got things to do. Yes, BTW, I do have a completely clear driving record.

I guess you'd view me as a Super Trucker. I run as fast as I feel I can safely for conditions. Admittedly that is usually flat out. I have never shut down for weather w/pups. I often get followed by OTR van guys because they figure they won't crack up, if I don't. I usually pass almost everything on the road, I probably would, except our trucks are governed.

Where I drove before, I used to frequently do 65 or 70 on ice and snow if conditions were favorable. I always slow down when passing slower traffic. I closely monitor outside temps, because that gives me accurate info as to what is under the ice/snow I'm driving on.

The prior company I worked for had a policy of "If the road is closed!!! Find another one." Blinding snow at 3 AM? Hit your 4 ways and shut off your headlights. Works fine. I can roll along at 50 or 60 that way for miles.

I learned to drive in Ohio and PA and NY. I frequently passed people in AR, over the winter, in my personal vehicle. I would slow to 35 or 40 to pass, then speed back up to 65 or 70. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, don't be a rolling road block. There is a parking space at a truck stop w/your name on it!!! I've got things to do. Yes, BTW, I do have a completely clear driving record.

I can't run that hard with pups. Just me. One thing that annoys me, especially with pups, is the real slow winter drivers - normally they are the ones on and off the brakes too. As far as the whole speed thing in Pa, some companies and types of trucks don't bother me at 80 mph and others scare the hell out of me at 65 mph. The Volvos coming up behind me snapping all over the road are the ones that scare the hell out of me.

Seems to me that the average truck speed on I80 in Pa has tailed off quite a bit over the last year or so. At night you still get passed by 20 truck packs at 75 but that used to be constant the entire way across.

Well then I guess there are exceptions to most rules,we are all different.
But during my 45 years of being a city driver I found the law of averages had a way of catching up with most law breakers.

You may feel safe,and free to go as fast as you wish.
Trouble is it only takes once to really get messed up,or worse.

Glad I am not as brave as you, friend. As long as you kill only yourself with that kind of driving, I don't care, its your life. As far as your driving record goes, lots of drivers have clean records, so you have been one lucky guy, so far.

Having a "clean" record doesn't make people good drivers (not saying you aren't one), nor does it mean much of anything but that you havent been cited for an infraction, but as an old pro myself, I have seen lots of 1, 2 and 3 million mile "safe" drivers finally hit the jackpot, one day.

Your turn will come, but you won't know it until it's too late.

BTW, that's not a wish, its a statistical fact that the insurance company actuarials use. Stuff happens, and running like you do, it is going to happen faster.

Just so you know, should you (shudder) come into Kalifornia, running a CMV at night without headlights is "2" point dinger on your CDL record, so there goes that clean CDL record of yours.

It ain't worth it, driver.

Well then I guess there are exceptions to most rules,we are all different.
But during my 45 years of being a city driver I found the law of averages had a way of catching up with most law breakers.

You may feel safe,and free to go as fast as you wish.
Trouble is it only takes once to really get messed up,or worse.

Yeah, as far as I am concerned he can run it wide open until the cows come home, but the problem is that, more then likely, he will take someone with him on the way out.

Should he survive, I hope he has another job lined up.

What with GPS and other electronic and mechanical means, the DOT forensic detectives can easily find out just what practically any CMV driver has been up to, for weeks in the past.

Of course, they usually only use those means after someone gets killed and the log-books/fuel and other trip receipt's don't look kosher to them.

By then, someone(s) is either in the morgue, the jail, or both.

I guess the anti-trucking @ssholes on "Stopspeedingtrucks.org" love seeing stuff like this. The site uses this very thread as a link entitled "The Latest Truck Atrocities in PA and beyond" -"Trucking Accident Bulletin Board"- .The guy who started the blog is Carl Silverman. He often call's in to a Local Harrisburg Talk show and speaks alot of anti-trucking rhetoric. Often times he speaks on his opinion without facts or any attempt to be objective on trucking accidents. His comments are often offensive and arrogant. Just thought you might want to watch your comments as to not fuel this groups so-called fire. By the looks of their blog it doesn't see a whole lot of action.....