XPO | Parted ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upnorth

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
After 24 years with the company, parted ways. Not easy to do as you get comfortable in your groove, but enough is enough. Tired of the stress, double talk, nothing getting fixed, and the lip service. Local terminal is down 6 drivers, no one applying. Constantly 2 days behind in freight, absolutely no one gives a flying **** in management.

Out on a Friday, 6 job offers Monday. Once your out, you look back and say, why in the world did I put up with this for so long??? I tried to just shrug it off, but when your at customers and they tell you that the AE and mgr just don’t care when they complain, breaking inbound trailers that look like a dogs breakfast, then you miss one strap on an outbound trailer and you get treated like you committed murder.

Just silly. Took a bit of a pay cut, but that’s ok. Not a lot of debt left. Almost zero stress. Management that cares, and when you tell them somethings wrong with the truck, it gets fixed. Period.

I’ll miss some of the guys, for sure.
I’ll still be modding here in the background, if you guys still have questions or concerns, just message me.

I hit my breaking point, and I’m out.

Good luck with your new job.

The problems you listed are echoed at our location. Company is obsessed with nitpicking survalence and poor supervision. FOS’s come and go at rapid pace . Currently we have a driver running our inbound . Xph is a large facility not to have any supervision running the inbound.

Customers are highly disappointed.

I know we did not see eye to eye over how as to what was best for our jobs but hopefully you see now .

When a companies obsession is a stock price it loses focus to what it actually is and providing good service and a decent place of employment.

Last edited:
Good luck with your new job.

The problems you listed are echoed at our location. Company is obsessed with nitpicking survalence and poor supervision. FOS’s come and go at rapid pace . Currently we have a driver running our inbound . Xph is a large facility not to have any supervision running the inbound.

Customers are highly disappointed.

I know we did not see eye to eye over how as to what was best for our jobs but hopefully you see now .

When a companies obsession is a stock price it loses focus to what it actually is and providing good service and a decent place of employment.
"Stock price" is determined by investors who bid up the price if they believe the company is profitable and shows potential for growth. So the stock price is an important indicator of the viability of the company.

"Stock price" is determined by investors who bid up the price if they believe the company is profitable and shows potential for growth. So the stock price is an important indicator of the viability of the company.
No doubt, but inside a company management loses focus on of important things other than that which directly drives the price.

No doubt, but inside a company management loses focus on of important things other than that which directly drives the price.
The stock price direction is an overall indicator of how well or poorly the company is doing. The only way management can influence stock price is by profitability and growth of the company. The "important things" you mention are those things which improve profitability which in turn causes investors to bid up the share price. All those things are related/connected.

After 24 years with the company, parted ways. Not easy to do as you get comfortable in your groove, but enough is enough. Tired of the stress, double talk, nothing getting fixed, and the lip service. Local terminal is down 6 drivers, no one applying. Constantly 2 days behind in freight, absolutely no one gives a flying **** in management.

Out on a Friday, 6 job offers Monday. Once your out, you look back and say, why in the world did I put up with this for so long??? I tried to just shrug it off, but when your at customers and they tell you that the AE and mgr just don’t care when they complain, breaking inbound trailers that look like a dogs breakfast, then you miss one strap on an outbound trailer and you get treated like you committed murder.

Just silly. Took a bit of a pay cut, but that’s ok. Not a lot of debt left. Almost zero stress. Management that cares, and when you tell them somethings wrong with the truck, it gets fixed. Period.

I’ll still be modding here in the background, if you guys still have questions or concerns, just message me.

You will be missed...and most likely followed.

Once you get past the point of trying to communicate what you see to management , you can visualize yourself walking out the door. Once that happens , you leave , breathe , and never look back.

At my location the #1 driver left a few years ago and he said he wish he'd left sooner.

XPO seems to try harder to hang on to new people than vetran , tried-and-true-employees. 🤷🏼

Good luck friend and id say you made the right decision. I myself have stayed at jobs way to long that wasn't a good fit for me just out of fear of changing routine, but once i did i said the same thing why did i wait so long. We don't need to fear the unknown if we are with a company that just makes us miserable. Its not worth it and takes time off your life by the stress.

Upnorth , or anyone that's changed jobs lately , how do they verify your logs with the ELDs? I'm sure there is a way. Wondering what the process is nowadays.

Good luck and safe travels.

After 24 years was there an official exit interview to try an understand why you left after nearly quarter century? Was ANYTHING said on behalf of your years of service? Was there a token of regret from management?

Whatever the case I hope you were treated with class and dignity.

Upnorth , or anyone that's changed jobs lately , how do they verify your logs with the ELDs? I'm sure there is a way. Wondering what the process is nowadays.

Good luck and safe travels.

After 24 years was there an official exit interview to try an understand why you left after nearly quarter century? Was ANYTHING said on behalf of your years of service? Was there a token of regret from management?

Whatever the case I hope you were treated with class and dignity.
Not a thing. And I wasn’t expecting anything to be honest. And I wouldn’t have responded to why anyways. Deaf ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.