XPO | Parted ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, and best wishes to you upnorth. I know how your feeling. After 30 yrs here, I'm feeling the itch to retire out, and try something different. hate to say it, but I'm still stuck with the CCX mentality and how things were done. Like you, I just shake my head, and walk away mumbling to myself. Awhile back, I thought about getting some shirts made up that said "That's not how Mr. D would have done it" Problem was nobody anymore would know who I was talking about. Safe travels on your new journey..

Upnorth , or anyone that's changed jobs lately , how do they verify your logs with the ELDs? I'm sure there is a way. Wondering what the process is nowadays.
It can be manually entered by the company, but many quit on a Friday and start on a Monday or take time off between jobs so you have your 34hr restate anyway

After 24 years with the company, parted ways. Not easy to do as you get comfortable in your groove, but enough is enough. Tired of the stress, double talk, nothing getting fixed, and the lip service. Local terminal is down 6 drivers, no one applying. Constantly 2 days behind in freight, absolutely no one gives a flying **** in management.

Out on a Friday, 6 job offers Monday. Once your out, you look back and say, why in the world did I put up with this for so long??? I tried to just shrug it off, but when your at customers and they tell you that the AE and mgr just don’t care when they complain, breaking inbound trailers that look like a dogs breakfast, then you miss one strap on an outbound trailer and you get treated like you committed murder.

Just silly. Took a bit of a pay cut, but that’s ok. Not a lot of debt left. Almost zero stress. Management that cares, and when you tell them somethings wrong with the truck, it gets fixed. Period.

I’ll miss some of the guys, for sure.
I’ll still be modding here in the background, if you guys still have questions or concerns, just message me.

I hit my breaking point, and I’m out.
Congrats & good luck !

Good luck to you Upnorth. I do not miss the job one bit. But like you, I miss the guys. A lot of retirees at my barn get together for breakfast once a month. A handful of us who live on the same side of town get together for breakfast about every other week.
When the time is right we would like to know where you ended up.

Good luck to you Upnorth. I do not miss the job one bit. But like you, I miss the guys. A lot of retirees at my barn get together for breakfast once a month. A handful of us who live on the same side of town get together for breakfast about every other week.
When the time is right we would like to know where you ended up.
Well, it’s funny. I had planned to ease it back and find something slower pace. I got hired to pull turnpikes of meat loads between two production plants here. Easy one run a day, 8 hrs. Turns out I’m over qualified. lol. So on top of the run, they asked me to take over the on-boarding and training for new lcv drivers, shunt drivers, and develop a training program for them. So I’m busier than ever, working 30 hours a week less than I was.

Well, it’s funny. I had planned to ease it back and find something slower pace. I got hired to pull turnpikes of meat loads between two production plants here. Easy one run a day, 8 hrs. Turns out I’m over qualified. lol. So on top of the run, they asked me to take over the on-boarding and training for new lcv drivers, shunt drivers, and develop a training program for them. So I’m busier than ever, working 30 hours a week less than I was.
With your experience, you will do well being involved in training.

So what are you going to do with all the extra time??? Sounds like you need a part time job to fill the void.

Do you teach them to drive a safe speed?
(46 mph)

Visitor here. Congrats. Think most of us keep an eye out & ear open for something other than LTHells. One of the best things about TB. Read what’s posted, even with a grain of salt, and one knows the grass ain’t greener in a different truck. Wife has couple years til state paid healthcare for life & many would maim for my gravy turn. The BS drive a man batcrap f’n crazy but it’s easy.

The stock price direction is an overall indicator of how well or poorly the company is doing. The only way management can influence stock price is by profitability and growth of the company. The "important things" you mention are those things which improve profitability which in turn causes investors to bid up the share price. All those things are related/connected.
Companies present whatever metrics they choose to entice sale of stock. Many have quarterly focus points relevant to the overall state of the business. If you don’t believe publicly traded companies don’t chase & fudge #’s for stock price, you sir, need to take a lunch.

Companies present whatever metrics they choose to entice sale of stock. Many have quarterly focus points relevant to the overall state of the business. If you don’t believe publicly traded companies don’t chase & fudge #’s for stock price, you sir, need to take a lunch.
I take lunch every day thank you.

1) Publicly traded companies don't exactly "present whatever metrics they choose" as you claim. They are under scrutiny by the SEC, by accounting audits, by analysts following them, and by knowledgeable investors/shareholders. Any faking of the numbers won't be hidden for very long for the most part.

2) Share price doesn't directly benefit companies except at an IPO where a company gets the proceeds of the offering. After that buying and selling on the open market is between individual shareholders and the company is out of the picture and gains nothing from the transaction.
You may want to read some financial news at your lunches, if you take any that is. :poke: :438:

I take lunch every day thank you.

1) Publicly traded companies don't exactly "present whatever metrics they choose" as you claim. They are under scrutiny by the SEC, by accounting audits, by analysts following them, and by knowledgeable investors/shareholders. Any faking of the numbers won't be hidden for very long for the most part.

2) Share price doesn't directly benefit companies except at an IPO where a company gets the proceeds of the offering. After that buying and selling on the open market is between individual shareholders and the company is out of the picture and gains nothing from the transaction.
You may want to read some financial news at your lunches, if you take any that is. :poke: :438:
You’re forgetting one thing and it’s a big one. All executive officers in a company get one thing as large part of their compensation package and it’s a motivator . It’s given to them to motivate them to hold it as their chief concern . Want to take a guess what it is ?

You’re forgetting one thing and it’s a big one. All executive officers in a company get one thing as large part of their compensation package and it’s a motivator . It’s given to them to motivate them to hold it as their chief concern . Want to take a guess what it is ?
On the contrary, I'm not forgetting anything and yes, I'll make that "guess". That motivator is the success of the company which is typically indicated by share price increasing on the open market and making executive stock options/grants worth more. However, the company has no direct influence on the share price, that's strictly determined by traders/investors bidding up the price by purchasing shares when they think the company is profitable/growing or dropping the price when they think the company isn't doing well. Seems to me that's a pretty good system, having compensation affected by company success or lack thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.