R&L | pay and benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know about that. but they make you buy a pallet jack off of them. thats not a good start.

they do not!!!they tell you we have liftgates and a palletjack would be very helpful,you can purchase it from anywhere.they do sell them from roberts truck parts,at a discount to employees.personally i don't care who wants to rip the co.but get facts straight first.

Checkout the company website, but I'll try to give you some info off the top of me head......:cool:

Pay kinda depends on what you're doing and where yer at.
I think P&D at my barn (TX), starts at about $18, tops out at just under $22.
L/H varies run to run, my run pays me about $24 an hour or around $.45 a mile.

Insurance (health, vision and dental) runs $20 a week for family plan.
$15 co-pay and I think the deductible is $300 individual or $500 family.
Vacations, 1 week after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2, 3 weeks after 10 and 4 weeks after 15 years.
And we do have the employee resorts if you're so inclined to use them.

Overall, at least at my terminal, this is a really laidback outfit.
Do your job and don't mess anything up really badly and they pretty well leave ya alone.

Any other questions?

i don't know about that. but they make you buy a pallet jack off of them. thats not a good start.

they do not!!!they tell you we have liftgates and a palletjack would be very helpful,you can purchase it from anywhere.they do sell them from roberts truck parts,at a discount to employees.personally i don't care who wants to rip the co.but get facts straight first.
the drivers i talk to in eastern pa tell me you need to buy a pallet jack. i see the same guys everyday. i'll tell them you said they are liars.

you don't "need" to buy a pallet jack.they however will still give you deliveries that are no-dock or liftgate required,they simply tell you it would be to your benefit to have one.if you chose not to purchase one you will just have to get freight off the trailer by other means.i see other drivers all the time at a mall or such hand unloading,i pull up,wheel the pallet off my truck,ring the bell and say "sign here".sometimes the skid will fit in the door so i will put it in as one piece,now whats better,doing deliveries fingerprinting each piece or spending $300 every 4yrs or so.

you don't "need" to buy a pallet jack.they however will still give you deliveries that are no-dock or liftgate required,they simply tell you it would be to your benefit to have one.if you chose not to purchase one you will just have to get freight off the trailer by other means.i see other drivers all the time at a mall or such hand unloading,i pull up,wheel the pallet off my truck,ring the bell and say "sign here".sometimes the skid will fit in the door so i will put it in as one piece,now whats better,doing deliveries fingerprinting each piece or spending $300 every 4yrs or so.
they do make you to buy a pallet jack if you refuse start looking for another job

you don't "need" to buy a pallet jack.they however will still give you deliveries that are no-dock or liftgate required,they simply tell you it would be to your benefit to have one.if you chose not to purchase one you will just have to get freight off the trailer by other means. i see other drivers all the time at a mall or such hand unloading,i pull up,wheel the pallet off my truck,ring the bell and say "sign here".sometimes the skid will fit in the door so i will put it in as one piece,now whats better,doing deliveries fingerprinting each piece or spending $300 every 4yrs or so.

Why don't you buy fuel for their trucks while you're at it?

Geez, everytime this dead horse starts to rot away, some jerk stands it back up and starts whacking away on it again....................

It really quite simple, the company doesn't provide free pallet jacks or dollies for drivers to abuse, sell or forget on some customers dock.
Drivers provide their own, that way if they abuse, sell or leave it somewhere, the only party taking the loss is the driver.

If thats a problem for you, go work someplace else. And if you don't work here, Why the hell would you care?

I think it's utterly ridiculous that some driver have to bring their own am/fm radio and cb in some portable box that they can take in and out of a truck. What do you call those things? Slip seat boxes, ain't it? To each their own, I guess...

Geez, everytime this dead horse starts to rot away, some jerk stands it back up and starts whacking away on it again....................

It really quite simple, the company doesn't provide free pallet jacks or dollies for drivers to abuse, sell or forget on some customers dock.
Drivers provide their own, that way if they abuse, sell or leave it somewhere, the only party taking the loss is the driver.

If thats a problem for you, go work someplace else. And if you don't work here, Why the hell would you care?

I think it's utterly ridiculous that some driver have to bring their own am/fm radio and cb in some portable box that they can take in and out of a truck. What do you call those things? Slip seat boxes, ain't it? To each their own, I guess...

Very well put!!! I prefer owning my own pallet jack and two wheeler. This way I know it gets taken care of, and is not abused. It is ridiculous that drivers that don't work for R&L have a problem with this, why would they care??? Anyway it is funny that they never complain of the radio box they have to buy or build and transfer from truck to truck. R&L does provide am/fm radio's, and since we drive the same trucks everyday, can leave our cb radios in them. Dang, R&L even provides A/C in their trucks!!!!:biglaugh:

Very well put!!! I prefer owning my own pallet jack and two wheeler. This way I know it gets taken care of, and is not abused. It is ridiculous that drivers that don't work for R&L have a problem with this, why would they care??? Anyway it is funny that they never complain of the radio box they have to buy or build and transfer from truck to truck. R&L does provide am/fm radio's, and since we drive the same trucks everyday, can leave our cb radios in them. Dang, R&L even provides A/C in their trucks!!!!:biglaugh:

Oh yeah I know, lots of other companies have their drivers in just stripped down basic trucks.
We don't, I think we have some really nice equipment.

My tractor has am/fm/cd, cruise, tilt/tele steering wheel, power rh mirror and if the A/C quits,
the shop fixes it before it goes back out the gate!
:smilie_132:

pay and pallet jacks.

The pay in NJ tops out at $24.18. Not to shabby. Also the pallet jack costs, get ready for this........$5.00 a week. OH MY GOODNESS!! Get over it guys. We are not being robbed!! :smilie_132:

My tractor has am/fm/cd, cruise, tilt/tele steering wheel, power rh mirror and if the A/C quits,
the shop fixes it before it goes back out the gate!
:smilie_132:
You must be running a Mack or a spare Sleeper truck to have tilt/tele..... If it's a Mack "I feel for ya" how many times have you had to get fuel before you get back to the yard???

It's a dead horse!!!!! But for those that say you don't need one, go out on a P/D route without one.... When you bring freight back see what happens... Escpecially a new driver on probation how long will he last by not buying one or getting one on his own?????? I never have agreed with this and never will it's a bad deal... Somewhere somehow R&L is coming out ahead on this deal or they wouldn't be doing it......

It's a dead horse!!!!! But for those that say you don't need one, go out on a P/D route without one.... When you bring freight back see what happens... Escpecially a new driver on probation how long will he last by not buying one or getting one on his own?????? I never have agreed with this and never will it's a bad deal... Somewhere somehow R&L is coming out ahead on this deal or they wouldn't be doing it......

R&L is coming out in the fact that they don't have to buy this equipment. I personally prefer to own my own equipment!!!If a driver cannot put out $5.00 a week to buy this equipment at a discounted price, what kind of commitment are they going to have to their job. The company is paying drivers$50,000.00 a year to start, and up to $70,000.00 a year when they are topped out. Why shouldn't drivers put out a few dollars to show they are commited to their job to earn this kind of money. If this an obstacle to anyone wanting to work for R&L, I say we are better off without them.:biglaugh:

R&L is coming out in the fact that they don't have to buy this equipment. I personally prefer to own my own equipment!!!If a driver cannot put out $5.00 a week to buy this equipment at a discounted price, what kind of commitment are they going to have to their job. The company is paying drivers$50,000.00 a year to start, and up to $70,000.00 a year when they are topped out. Why shouldn't drivers put out a few dollars to show they are commited to their job to earn this kind of money. If this an obstacle to anyone wanting to work for R&L, I say we are better off without them.:biglaugh:
I find going to work and doing my job to the best of my ability a "commitment"... but then again the only commitment i've ever given is to my wife and God.. not the company i work for its just a job......also 70g's a year is 60hrs a week in the city who wants to work that hard, most city guys are getting between 40-50 hrs a week... It's a dead horse i'm done...

Status
Not open for further replies.