R&L | pay and benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find going to work and doing my job to the best of my ability a "commitment"... but then again the only commitment i've ever given is to my wife and God.. not the company i work for its just a job......also 70g's a year is 60hrs a week in the city who wants to work that hard, most city guys are getting between 40-50 hrs a week... It's a dead horse i'm done...

Duck, Have a good week!!!!:1036316054:

You must be running a Mack or a spare Sleeper truck to have tilt/tele..... If it's a Mack "I feel for ya" how many times have you had to get fuel before you get back to the yard???

Nope, International day cab, it's got a different steering column than most. It's just like the one the IH sleepers have.
We don't have Macks down here, IH and Fords. and we do have a couple of the Pro Express Freightliners working in the city now. Guys seems to like em.

if your happy in your job n having to buy your own equipment to get the job done that your co should be providing. than thats up to you.why should R n L be differant than any other co by keeping money in their pocket instead of doing what,s right n suppling you with equipment you need to do your job.

All the Money that R+L saves by not buying pallet jacks, pays for all the expense it takes to Run,Promote,fund,and Advertisement their Nascar series R+L Carriers Race Cars. So Crack open a Beer, and Watch them loose. Paying for your own Equipment of any kind for a Multi Million Dollar Trucking Company is Just plain Ridiculous and Greedy. Every trucking co. Has some Kind of What we can do to rip off their employees Mentality. Some Pay Less, But have Nice Trucks every 2 years, Some pay More like Conway but Do not have air(in the Older Tractors) No radios, and any added opions and so on, but they pay well but just took back some sick days and pension. They all figure out a way to keep themselves in Business and we, The Truck Driver that Puts himself in a dangerous profession everyday so the big corporate People Eat well and have big homes/Mistress's and Fat Pensions. We are the Little guys, but if we all stick together one day and stand up for what we deserve, we can be more appreciated. I worked for 5 different co.from pa/NJ to Utah/Nevada and every company has their ups and downs, so keep looking if you are young until you feel comfortable and safe working and driving their Trucks and Putting up with the Know it All Dispatchers and Dishonest Terminal Managers. They are just there for the Buck and will be the first ones to jump ship. How many have worked at other trucking firms. Remember we are the Backbone in the trucking Industry(A Famous Quote made by a Philadelphia Pa.Sysco/ U.S foods Transportation Manager with 35+yrs. In the Business both Union and Non union) He Believed If you Gave your Men Respect you would get hard workers/Drivers in return and he Got it and was well Like but did not Stay because he Stuck up for his drivers, gave them what they needed and corporate thought he was getting to well liked and demanded too much for the employees that they stopped giving in to his demands and wanted to control every penny, so he now works somewhere where the big guy stays in his office and he runs the transportation side and now everyone is happy. Good Luck out there and remember to protect your CDL at all Cost, Watch you back and it is what it is in the trucking business, we all have to eat, Be Safe.

Well Put Neighbor

All the Money that R+L saves by not buying pallet jacks, pays for all the expense it takes to Run,Promote,fund,and Advertisement their Nascar series R+L Carriers Race Cars. So Crack open a Beer, and Watch them loose. Paying for your own Equipment of any kind for a Multi Million Dollar Trucking Company is Just plain Ridiculous and Greedy. Every trucking co. Has some Kind of What we can do to rip off their employees Mentality. Some Pay Less, But have Nice Trucks every 2 years, Some pay More like Conway but Do not have air(in the Older Tractors) No radios, and any added opions and so on, but they pay well but just took back some sick days and pension. They all figure out a way to keep themselves in Business and we, The Truck Driver that Puts himself in a dangerous profession everyday so the big corporate People Eat well and have big homes/Mistress's and Fat Pensions. We are the Little guys, but if we all stick together one day and stand up for what we deserve, we can be more appreciated. I worked for 5 different co.from pa/NJ to Utah/Nevada and every company has their ups and downs, so keep looking if you are young until you feel comfortable and safe working and driving their Trucks and Putting up with the Know it All Dispatchers and Dishonest Terminal Managers. They are just there for the Buck and will be the first ones to jump ship. How many have worked at other trucking firms. Remember we are the Backbone in the trucking Industry(A Famous Quote made by a Philadelphia Pa.Sysco/ U.S foods Transportation Manager with 35+yrs. In the Business both Union and Non union) He Believed If you Gave your Men Respect you would get hard workers/Drivers in return and he Got it and was well Like but did not Stay because he Stuck up for his drivers, gave them what they needed and corporate thought he was getting to well liked and demanded too much for the employees that they stopped giving in to his demands and wanted to control every penny, so he now works somewhere where the big guy stays in his office and he runs the transportation side and now everyone is happy. Good Luck out there and remember to protect your CDL at all Cost, Watch you back and it is what it is in the trucking business, we all have to eat, Be Safe.

Everyone in the trucking industry is so worried about the other drivers' "Bullsh!t" level. If you like where you are working and can tolerate the bad things...leave others alone. I dont go around bashing other drivers companies for those little things that seem ridiculous. I just wanna do my job and be done with my day and take home a decent pay check every week.

As far as the pallet jack debacle; Just write it off in your taxes. Besides if you lose one of the company issued PJs, "Do you have to pay to replace the missing equipment?"

R+L has some good and some bad qualities, but we chose to work here and you didn't. It only takes me 3 minutes to get home after a 10-12 hour day. The closest so-called better company is 45-50 minutes away. How many of these other companies give a free cars/trucks/atvs/boats. Not to mention the mega-bucks they throw at the employees at Christmas.

Yeah, It can be HELL sometimes, but name me a job that isn't a living hell. Unless you are owner of your business and can make all the rules...you will never be truly happy doing any job.

Quit beating the dead horse issues on these boards and make some quality posts about real issues. If you dont work for R+L, dont complain about working for R+L until you lived the nightmare/dream...depending on your experience.

Ford Fusion winner out!!!!!

Geez, everytime this dead horse starts to rot away, some jerk stands it back up and starts whacking away on it again....................
And if you don't work here, Why the hell would you care?

See what I mean, it's pitiful.... :moon2: :

Nice job OldNo7, but these folks will never get it, you see they are completely baffled (not that it takes much) that anyone could have a job where they're happy.

Very well put!!! I prefer owning my own pallet jack and two wheeler. This way I know it gets taken care of, and is not abused. It is ridiculous that drivers that don't work for R&L have a problem with this, why would they care??? Anyway it is funny that they never complain of the radio box they have to buy or build and transfer from truck to truck. R&L does provide am/fm radio's, and since we drive the same trucks everyday, can leave our cb radios in them. Dang, R&L even provides A/C in their trucks!!!!:biglaugh:

We do have radio box, but that is for our personal use or entertainment. If your radio quits, is your company going to take the time to replace it. I am also sure that it is not a high quality radio.

I find going to work and doing my job to the best of my ability a "commitment"... but then again the only commitment i've ever given is to my wife and God.. not the company i work for its just a job......also 70g's a year is 60hrs a week in the city who wants to work that hard, most city guys are getting between 40-50 hrs a week... It's a dead horse i'm done...

I agree with you rubber duck. Doing your job safely and professionally is a commitment. Next R&L will have them buying the tires for the trucks. I'm sorry but that is a **** outfit if I ever heard of one.

I understand everyones gripe about buying a pallet jack. Think about it though if it is yours you will take better care of it than if it is the companies. I see how the guys on the dock treat those jacks. Most of the time they are in the shop getting repaired. If you are realy worried about this you can always ask around about getting a used one.

I understand everyones gripe about buying a pallet jack. Think about it though if it is yours you will take better care of it than if it is the companies. I see how the guys on the dock treat those jacks. Most of the time they are in the shop getting repaired. If you are realy worried about this you can always ask around about getting a used one.

Hey blownload, If you get fired or quit, Do you get to take your pallet jack with you? If yes, what the heck are you going to do with a pallet jack at your house? I'm sorry, I truly believe in, if you are a company employee than the company has to supply all the equipment for you to do your job.

I still don't get this... If you don't work for R+L what do you care if we have to buy our own jacks??

If you are so happy and things are so great at your barn...

bye bye now stay in your forum....

Yup got my own jack and my own hand cart.... WOW had them both for 3 years... lets see. 250 divided by three years diveded by 52 weeks by 5 days a week... so far its cost me .32 cents a day. whew what would I do with all that money..

Oh wait I pay more for Sirius radio. I must be getting ripped off by them to.

We do have radio box, but that is for our personal use or entertainment. If your radio quits, is your company going to take the time to replace it. I am also sure that it is not a high quality radio.
Yes the company does take the time to replace them and they are very high quality AM/FM with CD players
As stated by others if you do not work for R+L why should you care , you sound like the typical old time TEAMSTER who isn't smart enough to realize the union will SCREW you in a Heart beat. Before you get on your soap box i was a Teamster driver for 18 years before my local sold us out and let the company BREAK the Union ,made me so happy i paid my dues every month and went to meetings only to have my REPRESENTATION tell me it sucks to be you but it's better for the rest . As 35 people lost there jobs and were replaced with INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS

One major benefit no mentions is we dont get charged for lunch. i know the pallet jack thing is silly but 5 bucks a week isnt gonna break anyone.I have worked for many trucking companies and always felt that getting a half hour or hour taken out of my pay was bull. if i punch in at 9 and go home at 7 ,i get 10 hours pay. if you are charged lunch ,your giving the company your time for free. I may not have the greatest job in the world, but when I see these young guys at Conway or Fedex that cant drive & work the dock, I feel i'm miles ahead.

bye bye now stay in your forum....

Are you kidding? That's what these types LOVE about the boards!
They go around from forum to forum making snide remarks
and trying to impress others with their wisdom and experience........
Helps boost low self-esteem I guess. :smilie_132:

Yes the company does take the time to replace them and they are very high quality AM/FM with CD players
As stated by others if you do not work for R+L why should you care , you sound like the typical old time TEAMSTER who isn't smart enough to realize the union will SCREW you in a Heart beat. Before you get on your soap box i was a Teamster driver for 18 years before my local sold us out and let the company BREAK the Union ,made me so happy i paid my dues every month and went to meetings only to have my REPRESENTATION tell me it sucks to be you but it's better for the rest . As 35 people lost there jobs and were replaced with INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS

Why are you dragging the Teamsters into this, but since you did. If it wasn't for the Teamsters, You wouldn't be making the money that you're currently at, no one would. I'm sure FXF, Conway or even the other non union carriers don't charge their employess for freight handling equipment.:biglaugh:

Why are you dragging the Teamsters into this, but since you did. If it wasn't for the Teamsters, You wouldn't be making the money that you're currently at, no one would. I'm sure FXF, Conway or even the other non union carriers don't charge their employess for freight handling equipment.:biglaugh:
They may not charge for Equipment ,but you can not argue that every company has something about them that may not seem right . and there is no such thing as perfect company.
You are right i probably would not be making i am making if not for the Teamster , but i also know i would be making MORE if the TEAMSTERS would have shown a little backbone and fought for my job like they guareenteed to do .
You my friend come across like so many of the EX TEAMSTERS(unemployed) that i used to work with ,They drank the koolaid and now after 20 or so years with a company have started over.Just so you know my previous company bought out there largest nonunion competeter and then DID AWAY with UNION with no fight at all. So you can push your Agenda all you want but some of us think it's NUTS to pay union dues for no representation . What makes that any different than buying your own pallett Jack?Except you never finish paying them and the amount only increases.

Yea,yea, yea, the Brotherhood walks on water and all that jazz......

In case you hadn't noticed we don't work for those outfits and really don't care to.

So next summer while enjoying the labor day
weekend, be sure to thank a union member for getting it off. If it was'nt 4 them your sorry :eck13: would be working :chairshot:

A M E N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:butt kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.