TForce | Poll....... Strike, or no strike..........................

Strike, or no strike.

• Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hear it all the time. They say be glad you have a job, you’ll price yourself right out if a job, what good is a pay raise if you aren’t running any miles (not really a possibility), you’ll take what they give you and like it and my favorite is from the double dippers, don’t rock the boat you’ll ruin a good thing.
I have read of no one who beats a constant drum as you do about something you can't change lol....It always comes back to this with you. You are starting to remind me of a only child as you can't let something go you can't have. Any body who has read your comments knows your opinion on the subject but good grief man move on to new insightful stuff to bring to a discussion. Stop stressing over a group collecting earned benefits within the rules.

I'm not asking anyone to think. Imagine we are in Vegas, we go in and there is a bet on the board.
Will T-Force strike or not on Aug. 1st, 2023.
In other words when you go to work on 8/1 will there be a picket line or not.... Simple.........

In that case, my gut feeling is that NO, there will be no strike. Although i'm not real confident on that either, but there's only two possible answers and i'm answering your question.......

Now one question I have is:
Who has the authority to actually initiate a strike? i know that the majority of members voted yes for authorization. But if it comes down to it, do we get to vote on whether we actually WILL strike when the time comes or do the leaders decide because we already voted yes for authorization?

In that case, my gut feeling is that NO, there will be no strike. Although i'm not real confident on that either, but there's only two possible answers and i'm answering your question.......

Now one question I have is:
Who has the authority to actually initiate a strike? i know that the majority of members voted yes for authorization. But if it comes down to it, do we get to vote on whether we actually WILL strike when the time comes or do the leaders decide because we already voted yes for authorization?
If there is no contract to vote on or if we vote no on the tentative agreement then we strike

I have read of no one who beats a constant drum as you do about something you can't change lol....It always comes back to this with you. You are starting to remind me of an only child as you can't let something go you can't have. Any body who has read your comments knows your opinion on the subject but good grief man move on to new insightful stuff to bring to a discussion. Stop stressing over a group collecting earned benefits within the rules.
I’m not an only child. But I am the oldest. 🤣

No more voting! That was the “strike vote”.
Why didn't the union reveal the talley of the "strike" authorization vote? Because the turnout was embarrassing low. Though the contract vote will have a very high turnout. Probably more than 90 % .

Why didn't the union reveal the talley of the "strike" authorization vote? Because the turnout was embarrassing low. Though the contract vote will have a very high turnout. Probably more than 90 % .
The election isn't based on turn out its simple majority it'll be the same with the contract vote. If people don't care enough to vote then they really can't complain if they don't like the outcome.

So, we still have another vote(unless there is no contract) is what i was trying to get at ? Ok.
Your next vote is to ratify or not ratify. You must be current on your dues to vote. If it’s not sent out for ratification or we vote no on ratifying, then you’ve already given authorization to strike to the IBT.

The election isn't based on turn out its simple majority it'll be the same with the contract vote. If people don't care enough to vote then they really can't complain if they don't like the outcome.
That’s not always true. Remember what happened to UPS last contract? They voted overwhelmingly to NOT ratify the contract, but not enough members bothered to even vote! And Hoffa passed the contract anyway!!

On our contract if you don’t bother to vote it’s an automatic YES vote on your behalf…!!