Estes | prayers needed

rjjr

TB Lurker
Credits
last night a driver was killed in 065 ( davenport,ia ) story has it he was a driver out of 076 (owensboro,ky).everyone please take a moment for prayer for him and his family. sorry i'm not computer savy, so can not set up the link, but quad city times has the story

Rest in peace Mr. Perry. 50 is too young to leave us. If anyone can find the obituary and post it here I would appreciate reading it.

anyone know the details of what happened. Something we all could use as a training tip or something to look out for. This is such a horrific terrible accident. Scares me that something like this could happen.
My prayers go out to the family and friends.

anyone know the details of what happened. Something we all could use as a training tip or something to look out for. This is such a horrific terrible accident. Scares me that something like this could happen.
My prayers go out to the family and friends.
Some say the dolly rolled back into him and left him stuck between the trailer where he couldn't breathe. Others say his tractor rolled into him. My tip would be to leave yourself an out. Think about what if. What if the tire blew or what if the trailer slid on the fifth wheel. I jerk everything out if I can but sometimes the trailer is too high as we all know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pop the brakes and turn the engine off...Simple...Estes has a direct line to a starter company...We have several in stock..

Anyway...My thoughts and prayer go out to his family..RIP driva...

Why on earth would you be inbetween dolly and trl....prayers sent to the family
I slip between there sometimes to hook the key on the carter pin. If the dollys hooked to the tractor and the brakes are set ,You should be ok. I don't know how cold it was but some say ice could have played a part in it

If you watch most spotters, after they drop a pup into a door they pull up and turn at an angle to the dock before lowering the tip leg. That way if the truck rolls, slides, or whatever, a potential disaster is averted. Also when pulling out a pup from the dock the truck should be pulled sideways in front of the trailer while the tip leg is raised. I would never get in between there.

I slip between there sometimes to hook the key on the carter pin. If the dollys hooked to the tractor and the brakes are set ,You should be ok. I don't know how cold it was but some say ice could have played a part in it

and story has it that's what he was doing, he was raising the tip stand, and the trk and dolly were parked in front him on a incline, that had ice on it, brakes were set fine, but the combination of the incline, being on ice and having a 30 mph wind pushing on the front of the trk, the trk and dolly skidded back on him. I think we can all come with some safer steps about hooking a set, from this,but also another tip...when at a dark terminal, always have cell phone on person, it could end up being your life link

when at a dark terminal, always have cell phone on person, it could end up being your life link
I couldn't agree more. This is something everybody should get into the habit of. It doesn't take more than a momentary lapse of judgement to cause something like this. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. This would definitely be a tough way to go. RIP Stan. You'll be missed.

and story has it that's what he was doing, he was raising the tip stand, and the trk and dolly were parked in front him on a incline, that had ice on it, brakes were set fine, but the combination of the incline, being on ice and having a 30 mph wind pushing on the front of the trk, the trk and dolly skidded back on him. I think we can all come with some safer steps about hooking a set, from this,but also another tip...when at a dark terminal, always have cell phone on person, it could end up being your life link

if this is true, then its fate. story scares me being extra board, i go to dark terminals all the time and scenes like this always make me think about safety and also getting robbed. my prayers to his family

if this is true, then its fate. story scares me being extra board, i go to dark terminals all the time and scenes like this always make me think about safety and also getting robbed. my prayers to his family
Amen. We all have a date marked. Many of my high school class are no longer around. It don't make much difference if you have a dangerous job or work as a secretary.