XPO | profit posted

Guess that means they'll "look into" returning "some" of the things they "suspended" from us. Right? Right!

Con-way’s 2Q Profit Falls

2m7gsyc.jpg

Con-way’s 2Q Profit Falls
Con-way Inc. said its second-quarter income fell to $33 million, or 64 cents per share, compared with $50.4 million, or $1.02, a year ago.
Revenue fell 21.2% to $1.1 billion, Con-way said in a statement late Thursday.
Con-way Freight, the company’s less-than-truckload unit, saw sequential volume increase each month of the quarter, Con-way said.
Con-way Freight had an operating income of $49 million, a decrease of 36.7% from a year ago. Its revenue fell to $638 million, down 22.6% from last year's revenue.
Con-way’s 2Q Profit Falls | Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News

CNW...35.97...+0.95...+2.71%

CNW--
US Earnings: Company Earnings Calendar - Yahoo! Finance
Trucking Stocks Still Broken Down
Con-way Inc. Reports Second-Quarter 2009 Results - Yahoo! Finance
In Play &reg - Yahoo! Finance - The basics of investing.
Summary of CON-WAY INC. - Yahoo! Finance
UPDATE 1-Con-way profit falls but tops Wall Street view | Markets | Markets News | Reuters
MarketWatch.com Story
Con-way 2Q profit, revenue fall - Yahoo! Finance

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...panies-also-had-big-bounce-35.html#post671003 :clap::clap:

:shift:

Do the math gentleman. Profits...47 million...33 million came from the cuts in March...that's only a 14 million $ profit
but put it all together and is its over 45 million profit....stock market loves it....stock is over 40 right now....up close tp 5 a share and to think i bought a couple hundred extra shares last week:clap::clap::clap:

Approximately 72% of the 49 million that FREIGHT earned is directly attributal to the cost reductions taken at the start of April..roughly 35 million...without that we would have had a 14 million or so profit in the quarter..

23ru7fb.jpg

Con-way shares rise after 2Q profit tops forecasts
Shares of trucking company Con-way rise after second-quarter profit tops Wall Street forecasts
Shares of trucking operator Con-way Inc. surged Friday after the company reported better-than-expected second-quarter profit and a JPMorgan analyst upgraded the stock.
The shares gained $5.03, or 14 percent, to $40.99 in morning trading.
JPMorgan raised its rating to "Overweight" from "Neutral," saying the second-quarter results indicated Con-way could be poised "for a significant turn" in earnings per share even if rival YRC Worldwide Inc. doesn't file for bankruptcy protection.
Con-way shares rise after 2Q profit tops forecasts - Yahoo! Finance

15yemd.jpg

Con-way Reports $31.5 Million Profit
Revenue tops $1 billion as LTL unit demand edge up, pricing slide
Trucking and logistics company Con-way returned to profitability in the second quarter, reporting $31.5 million in net income on $1.1 billion in revenue. The company lost $153 million in the first quarter, on $962.9 million in revenue.
Sequential month-to-month growth in freight volume and demand for logistics services helped lift the company despite the recession and pressure from customers to lower its rates. Con-way also credited savings from cost-cutting initiatives, including layoffs and salary and wage reductions.
Overcapacity in the less-than-truckload and truckload markets is keeping a lid on pricing, however, limiting the company's ability to improve its yield.
Con-way Reports $31.5 Million Profit | Journal of Commerce

CNW--
Quotes for CNW - Yahoo! Finance
Live Call: Con-Way Second Quarter 2009 Earnings Call - Yahoo! Finance
Con-way shares rise after 2Q profit tops forecasts - Yahoo! Finance
Movers roundup: Capital One, Con-way - Yahoo! Finance
Con-way Shares Roll on Profit Surprise | Earnings | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...panies-also-had-big-bounce-35.html#post671772

:shift:

Approximately 72% of the 49 million that FREIGHT earned is directly attributal to the cost reductions taken at the start of April..roughly 35 million...without that we would have had a 14 million or so profit in the quarter..

So as I said in earlier posts they didnt need to make these cuts they did it because they could....this company would of still been profitable with out cutting our pay or benefits....not to mention the theft of our vacation time....ITS SAD

So as I said in earlier posts they didnt need to make these cuts they did it because they could....this company would of still been profitable with out cutting our pay or benefits....not to mention the theft of our vacation time....ITS SAD
We didn't lose our vacation. I wish you would stop making it look as bad as you can.

We didn't lose our vacation. I wish you would stop making it look as bad as you can.

WAIT!

Tell that to one of our drivers that is retiring in Jan of 2010. He thinks it looks pretty bad when he looses 4 weeks of income that was suppose to be there.

In the year that I was going to go before the pension got stepped on, I was shooting for a July separation. With five weeks earned by then, I will probably walk with only two paid weeks. The rest go to Conway's bank. At what point does it become bad?

I guess I really did not earn it and am not worthy.

YES WE DID, and John L. even admitted it. Now if he was big enough to admit that they took it from us, you should be big enough to recognize that they took it. Take off your rose colored glasses, put down the blue koolade and figure it out on paper.

beer i wish i couldnt say what I am saying but the truth is the truth...and yes we did lose our vacation...if you dont bank anytime this year...jan 1 u have nothing coming and if you have 15 yrs thats 20 paid days you will not have and as far as earning time for next year....that time should of been being earned for 2011.....but the bottom line is when u retire quit or get fired thats when even you will understand it was TAKEN from you