XPO | Proxy Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawofone

TB Lurker
Credits
I am a virgin at this and I hope this works. I have tried to create a web page for you to go to and print out, to send to the address at the top of it. We will need 4000 replies to make this work. So here goes-- Working People as I said I`m a virgin at this and do not know what I`m doing as for making a web page, but I will keep trying.

WJ and ML are line-haul drivers. Both have been here 22 years. Both are high school grads. WJ is not a veteran, ML is a veteran of past conflicts. When I talk to them this comming week, I will see if they want to give a more complete bio, are if they want to wait till the proxies are in. Remember this proposal is just to get there names of the proxy ballot to be voted on.

RoadRage76 said:
Just out of sheer curiosity, what benefit(s) do you see changing CNW back to a holding company?
I don't no all that.I would like to see some of us on the board.Trimming the board would be a big savings.

RoadRage76 said:
Just out of sheer curiosity, what benefit(s) do you see changing CNW back to a holding company?
Go to the thread New Corporation--New Truckingboard--New Owners-- to page 9--post #83 and read that first. Then go to toolkit.com and type in operating and holding company. I hope that answers your question.

Sorry Roadrage, I typed in toolkit and that was only part of the address. I will have to find it again and then post it. If you go to that one above, it will take you to tool kits, like we need more tools. Sorry, later.

I'm sorry but I have to say that I can't in sound mind sign a statement like that. Here's why:

1) Con-way Freight Central is not the only operating company in the Con-way Inc. Brand, You would need at least 1 representative from each operating company to make that a fair deal.

2) While I am sure the 2 People listed are exemplary people, In order to be fair to all employees of Con-way Inc and it's Operating companies: A Free and unbiased election from each operating unit's non-contract employees to choose their own representatives.

I like the Idea of having a non-contract representative on the board of directors but it needs to be done fairly and without bias to be effective...

Sorry...

Mozartsghost said:
I like the Idea of having a non-contract representative on the board of directors but it needs to be done fairly and without bias to be effective...

Sorry...

i second that. i think it would benefit us all if we had at least 1 driver on the exec board for a regions of the company. central, west, and southern.

I also think it would NOT benefit us to return to a holding company. The whole point of moving to an operating company was to improve our management structure to lower costs and make us more effective as a corporation...

Also realistically, you would need to add at least 7 board members (Guess off the top of my head, it may be more) for Conway Central, Southern, western, Truckload, Menlo, Information services, Road systems, and that's all I can think of at the moment.

And double the number if you wanted 2 from each unit...

You have read by now my reasons why I don't feel that your specific proxy request is plausible.

Now, I would like to know what the counter-argument is to mine. Why do you feel that this Proxy request is a Viable and needed addition/change to the company? What change will this bring about which will benefit me/us as drivers?

Mozart-I would like to debate you on this, but I would ask you to go back in the history of this company to 1958, and up to 2006. Then I would ask you to study all the players from the top down. Study the books and study what has happen since 1958. I`m not saying that this will change your mind, but it will open up alot of questions for the good of this company. There are good points for both types of business models. As for as the proxy, maybe it will work, maybe not.

I will go back and check into the CNF Brand since 1958.. But I am not as concerned with what HAS happened to this company as I am with what WILL happen to this company. This is 2006 nearly 2007. Business models from the 50's,60's,70's,80's and even 90's are outdated and most don't work in the current environment anymore.

I would like to know how your proposal intends to take the company down a course that will ensure it's stability and a future for all employees of every operating company under the con-way inc. brand.

Historical figures are enlightening but my concern is with what the future holds... Those who dwell on the past are doomed to repeat it.

Mozartsghost said:
I will go back and check into the CNF Brand since 1958.. But I am not as concerned with what HAS happened to this company as I am with what WILL happen to this company. This is 2006 nearly 2007. Business models from the 50's,60's,70's,80's and even 90's are outdated and most don't work in the current environment anymore.

I would like to know how your proposal intends to take the company down a course that will ensure it's stability and a future for all employees of every operating company under the con-way inc. brand.

Historical figures are enlightening but my concern is with what the future holds... Those who dwell on the past are doomed to repeat it.
those who have forgotten the past our also doomed.We as Americans have a bad habit of not remembering were we have come from and thats why we repeat the mistake of the past.Business is business,Its only people that change.

gfy said:
those who have forgotten the past our also doomed.We as Americans have a bad habit of not remembering were we have come from and thats why we repeat the mistake of the past.Business is business,Its only people that change.

That's true... Remember the past but don't dwell on it....

Mozartsghost said:
What is your plan for this company's future? Since you are looking at the future in "great detail" please share some of the details...
Mozart-- I know the two people that are going out of there way to help change things around here at con-way. I was told that after the end of next month ( October ) they are going to start a five month teaching progam to explain what a proxy means, why the company does what it does, why p/d, l/h, csr`s, fos`s, fom`s, r/m`s, and everybody else that does not have a contract with this company are getting the shaft alittle bit at a time so it is not noticed. They are doing something that I for one think might really help us as drivers, an like you, I have many questions and would like answers to, but I will give them time to see if they do what they say they are going to do. Just look at one thing. Who among us would even take the time to look up the code or regulation are whatever you call it, to sent to portland to get the exact amount of what is in each of our own personal pension accounts. Who? I ask again WHO? It was explained to me that once I have that information and if, and I say if, the company did freeze the pension or let`s say buy us out of our pension, I will know what I have in there. Just to use a figure say 100,000, and they offer 30,000 in company stock to go in my 401 ( HUMMM ENRON ) I have to really think about that one. I for one am going to wait and see what these two do. They both work linehaul and from what I know about them, they are trying to get some type of unity among the workers, (gee what a concept). A freind of mine is going over to one of there homes this weekend and I going with him to see how to setup a web page. I tried as you have noticed in one of my previous post, ( boy talk about a virgin ), I don`t mind helping them, it is not my neck on the chopping block, and like you I have alot of questions, but I going to wait an see what happens. Well I have to go to work, you know the two hour backup tonight, I think I`ll be a little early, I need my coffee. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.