XPO | PTO day usage

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
During the weekly meeting our mgr. brought it to our attention that apparently we were the ONLY region using our PTO days without the DSR's giving management 24hr notice. Management didn't require it (24hr notice) and if we had PTO days to burn and there are guys available to work with less seniority , then it was fine. As long as the day was NOT blocked and we give them a couple of hours notice then everything works fine. It was a win win situation. With business slowing down you could take a PTO day without a hassle. Now GO has a problem and has changed the policy. Like with CC days , making guys work (usally at top pay) instead of letting them take the day off with NO pay and letting a lower seniority guy work (proably for less pay).:duh:

What I've seen (at my barn) is that if it works out to their favor forget company policy.I took a CC day on Monday with no questions asked.A month ago they said we had to use up all our PTO days before we could take a CC day. We always have 10 drivers left over to help w/ the FAC. These guys don't get to run anymore and I try to do my part to help them out as much as I can.

In Bill C's region we no longer have CC days and there will be a 24 hour notice before any paid day off or you will be given an unexcused absence!!!! This took effect for us on 1-26-2009. If your furnace, water heater, etc. goes out and you do not give 24 HR notice then you will still be given an unexcused. That is per our personnel manager from his meeting on 1-24-2009.

Conway does not want any emploees that cannot plan or foresee the failure of their furnace or hot water heater.

Are they trying to change to a 10 hour call for pto day?

I believe it's a local thing.
One of my more recent SCM's thought 10 hours was sufficient.
I guess that would make them a little more human where little humanity exist.

Somethings leads me to think this was some of Bill C's nonsense. Probably got a call from someone making a complaint and made an across the board decision for everyone in his region. It wouldn't be the first time and I am sure it won't be the last.

Rat :loser:

Somethings leads me to think this was some of Bill C's nonsense. Probably got a call from someone making a complaint and made an across the board decision for everyone in his region. It wouldn't be the first time and I am sure it won't be the last.

I probably should have said nothing.

Same thing goes with taking sick days without a 24 hour notice, you get written up. Now I have to plan to get sick just like I plan a vacation!

In Bill C's region we no longer have CC days and there will be a 24 hour notice before any paid day off or you will be given an unexcused absence!!!! This took effect for us on 1-26-2009. If your furnace, water heater, etc. goes out and you do not give 24 HR notice then you will still be given an unexcused. That is per our personnel manager from his meeting on 1-24-2009.
:hide:
I thought we were one Company, who in the hell is Bill c? What is BoxBoss talking about with the point system for late, tardy?
I , for1, want to hear from the different operating companys, as to how they are doing business! I really thought we were one, guess not!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

Same thing goes with taking sick days without a 24 hour notice, you get written up. Now I have to plan to get sick just like I plan a vacation!

I was sick today...of the 10" of snow in my driveway and on the roads that were not plowed...and the 72 mile drive to work (on drifting and snow covered roads) which by the way didn't happen!

:hide:
I thought we were one Company, who in the hell is Bill c? What is BoxBoss talking about with the point system for late, tardy?
I , for1, want to hear from the different operating companys, as to how they are doing business! I really thought we were one, guess not!!!!!!!:smilie_132:
At our Service Center, (California) we were told that if we are 1 minute late it goes as a tardy. Tardies=1/2 a point. If we call in sick we must give them at least a 10 hour advanced notice that we will not be in. If we don't give them at least 10 hours we get a full point. We are allowed 6 points total on a rolling 12 month calendar. Once we hit the 6 point total we will be terminated. I've talked with some drivers out of the Northwest and they were told they must give 24 hours prior notice if they were going to be out sick. I guess it depends on which service center you are from as to which rules pertain to you.
Also, if we are out sick for 3 or more consecutive days we must bring a note from our doctor before we are allowed back to work.

Congratulations !

To all of the most recent CNW employees that are
finally capable of reception of the CNW BIG PICTURE !

Remember the old commercial , " Only YOU can prevent forest fires . " ?

Just4Thought

Unfortunately is is not local thing....

It was explained to me this is the new policy...24 hours notice for PTO days or it is an unexcused absense...

Now not only are you required to be mind readers trying to disseminate the situational rules policy...you are also required to be clairvoyant, look into your crystal ball and determine what emergencies you may have at least 24 hours in advance of the actual event...

If you remember Bruce M. was 'promoted' to VP of HR just recently....I'll let you connect the dots!

With all the rocket scientists we have operating this company we should be running NASA:biglaugh:

I guess all barns are different.. here in western Mo. we can take either a PTO or CC day depending on the volume of freight...Took a CC day tonight to let the lower guys get some work.
As far as the PTO days, well, thats it a PTO day, its personal and I thought u could use them in case of a emergency.. sucks doesnt it guys,, I bet if a managers water heater was leaking all over his custom tile floor he would take the day off and work at home on his PC.

:hide: Reading this thread, it makes me believe that most disciplenary problems are not company wide, but up to local management. We are, for sure, not one company. As stated by Boxboss, The new attendance policy is not companywide, only on the left coast, WTF? I thought we were going to become one big, happy family? Are they, or are they NOT going to bring us together as ONE Company? It certainly does not appear so! :smilie_132:

:hide: Reading this thread, it makes me believe that most disciplenary problems are not company wide, but up to local management. We are, for sure, not one company. As stated by Boxboss, The new attendance policy is not companywide, only on the left coast, WTF? I thought we were going to become one big, happy family? Are they, or are they NOT going to bring us together as ONE Company? It certainly does not appear so! :smilie_132:

We are going to be one company...but only on paper!

In practice we will remain the seperate entities we were before.

The reason is simple enough. Keeping the old structure allows them to justify a different dress code in the west, 3 years to scale (in the larger cities) instead of 5 years as it is for the rest of us in the old CCX realm, and a lower pay rate for our friends in the south. (If any of these things have changed please inform me as I am unaware of them.)

We appear to the outside to be one company but in reality we are still the same and seperate divisions we always were.

The proper business term for this type of structure is called "Typical CW Corporate BS".