XPO | pto time for 2013

nighttrain

TB Lurker
Credits
no more negative pto time starting in jan. 2013, dec. 31. of 2012 you will have to have a 0 balance for negative pto time or carry time over.

When I heard about this I got really mad. I always use up all my vacation time every year. I am big believer in taking time off and getting away from work. Now it seems as though I am going to have to cut short next years vacations in order to have some time banked up for 2013. I am still going to burn every bit of my time this year. Life is too short and summer is almost here.

PTO negative balances

Anyone see the posting at their service center regarding the PTO? Starting in January 2013 you will have to occur a positive PTO balance before you can get any time off paid. A few drivers are ticked about it because it only alloys to hourly employees.

I cant believe there hasnt been more responses to this. They stole a year of vacations we already earned, and now thier making us earn it again before we can use it. This company has went to ::shit::!

This is how we become our own bank. Even before they proclaimed they were designating our wages, 401K, and vacation as capitalization for this bank we volunteered for, they used our pension to fund the purchase of an incredibly over priced truckload company.
Every time CFI passes me at 70mph, I enjoy announcing once again that "my pension just blew my doors off".

Anybody that can't save even a weeks worth of time off in the next 2 years, has problems.. You should never go negative with your PTO days.

beerfd said:
Anybody that can't save even a weeks worth of time off in the next 2 years, has problems.. You should never go negative with your PTO days.

Atleast they are giving everyone plenty of notice. However I think they should of posted this before pto bids.

That's the way Conway wants us to look at it. Many said after our pay cut that all we had to do was work a little longer every day. Others said that we needed to save more for retirement when the pension went away. I have been saving big money in my 401K since I started here a long time ago, but will NEVER save enough to make up for my disappearing pension. What's gone is gone. I guess I have a problem.

What if....now, I said "what if" Conway were to use us as a fuel bank and ask us to pay for fuel. Would you then say that anyone who can't pay to fuel their own trucks has problems?

After all, line haul drivers make more so they can afford the larger volume of fuel they use. Yup, drivers have a real problem if they can't pay for their own fuel. Senior drivers in the city will bid the shorter runs for sure. Laugh at this parallel example, but did you ever think our leaders would steal a years worth of vacation from us?

As a truck driver, I do not feel qualified to determine if other drivers have or should have a problem in their personal/financial life. You must have some sort of special training to to stand in judgment of others.

beerfd I would not have had to go negative if con-way would not have stolen three weeks to begin with if you don't remember we went a whole year without earning any time off we were told you get the same amount of time off just paid different now they turn their backs on us again and take away the ability to go negative som truthfully we lost the pay and now the time to even though not three or four months ago some coporate clowns stood in front of us and told us how they are doing us a favor are they working for the same company as me or accidentally show up at the wrong terminal fed ex is down the road maybe corporate is misinforming these people sent out to advise us because they never do what the say i would just like the truth someday instead of propoganda all in all it is my fault for continuing to let them kick me while i'm down seven years with the company this is the respect and thanks i get for the years of hard work i have put in overall it is just another strategy to replace drivers with lower paid monkees who don't care

That's the way Conway wants us to look at it. Many said after our pay cut that all we had to do was work a little longer every day. Others said that we needed to save more for retirement when the pension went away. I have been saving big money in my 401K since I started here a long time ago, but will NEVER save enough to make up for my disappearing pension. What's gone is gone. I guess I have a problem.

What if....now, I said "what if" Conway were to use us as a fuel bank and ask us to pay for fuel. Would you then say that anyone who can't pay to fuel their own trucks has problems?

After all, line haul drivers make more so they can afford the larger volume of fuel they use. Yup, drivers have a real problem if they can't pay for their own fuel. Senior drivers in the city will bid the shorter runs for sure. Laugh at this parallel example, but did you ever think our leaders would steal a years worth of vacation from us?

As a truck driver, I do not feel qualified to determine if other drivers have or should have a problem in their personal/financial life. You must have some sort of special training to to stand in judgment of others.

Whether they give it to you up front or give it to you a week at a time, your either going to use it all or save some. All I'm saying is that you(or whomever) should save a bit of it.... just in case you need it. It is what it is.... you just have to make the best of it.

Things will always change, you have to change with it.. (that was really lame lol)

beerfd I would not have had to go negative if con-way would not have stolen three weeks to begin with if you don't remember we went a whole year without earning any time off we were told you get the same amount of time off just paid different now they turn their backs on us again and take away the ability to go negative som truthfully we lost the pay and now the time to even though not three or four months ago some coporate clowns stood in front of us and told us how they are doing us a favor are they working for the same company as me or accidentally show up at the wrong terminal fed ex is down the road maybe corporate is misinforming these people sent out to advise us because they never do what the say i would just like the truth someday instead of propoganda all in all it is my fault for continuing to let them kick me while i'm down seven years with the company this is the respect and thanks i get for the years of hard work i have put in overall it is just another strategy to replace drivers with lower paid monkees who don't care

Ok, they made changes... you have to change with it. I decided to stay with the company, so I made lifestyle changes and I have plenty of time.. and will have plenty of time when 2013 rolls around. I'm not trying to be an advocate for the company, I just deal with what is...not what it should be(or used to be). That's the way I look at it. I don't expect everybody to see it my way.

I know your reading this Rat. We need a different point of view. Your not really mad about that J J comment are you. I was just kidding.. Dennis Rader is probably a better fit. lol

Seriously, I apologize for the "name" calling. I always like to have fun.

We didn't have to save a weeks worth of time. They stole 5 weeks of vacation from me and then told me I could go negative. So, I adjusted my lifestyle to that. Now I have to adjust my lifestyle again.

Okay, with that being said, some can save time and some can't. The palace doesn't give a tinkers hoot about anybody but the bottom line. You can just add this not being able to to negative to the long, long, long list of benefits they have taken from us. That's right, TAKEN/STOLE. You can not pretty this up in any way. Thieving, that's what it is called. Rob from you employees to justify your numbers for the board. I can tell you that any company that takes and takes from it's employees is not going to be around for a long time. What happens when there is nothing left to take from the employees? Where are you going to steal from to make your numbers?

Five weeks of vacation gone. Two weeks of sick pay, gone. Still making sub wages, no 401 match and the list goes on. Go ahead and try to make this pretty and make me understand. I can't. Now go out there you guys and give us 110% and pick up that one more shipment. Ask us for more and take from us in the process.

I am thinking that those running the company are not doing their jobs. Maybe a coo to take out the leaders like in Libya is in order.

Those that have been around since the beginning know all that has been lost and how this used to be a great place to work.

What is coming next year? Grab your ankles guys.

I'm not happy about the vacation time we lost (I lost 4 weeks), but I never went negative and never will. With nearly 2 years warning, anybody should be able to conserve enough vacation to eliminate the problem.

We didn't have to save a weeks worth of time. They stole 5 weeks of vacation from me and then told me I could go negative. So, I adjusted my lifestyle to that. Now I have to adjust my lifestyle again.

Okay, with that being said, some can save time and some can't. The palace doesn't give a tinkers hoot about anybody but the bottom line. You can just add this not being able to to negative to the long, long, long list of benefits they have taken from us. That's right, TAKEN/STOLE. You can not pretty this up in any way. Thieving, that's what it is called. Rob from you employees to justify your numbers for the board. I can tell you that any company that takes and takes from it's employees is not going to be around for a long time. What happens when there is nothing left to take from the employees? Where are you going to steal from to make your numbers?

Five weeks of vacation gone. Two weeks of sick pay, gone. Still making sub wages, no 401 match and the list goes on. Go ahead and try to make this pretty and make me understand. I can't. Now go out there you guys and give us 110% and pick up that one more shipment. Ask us for more and take from us in the process.

I am thinking that those running the company are not doing their jobs. Maybe a coo to take out the leaders like in Libya is in order.

Those that have been around since the beginning know all that has been lost and how this used to be a great place to work.

What is coming next year? Grab your ankles guys.

22 years, I think that qualifies me to compare changes.
you have your opinion, others have theirs.

To steal something means you no longer posses it. Have you not been able to scheduled every day of time off your service rank has earned you? So this opinion of theft losses my attention quickly. Under the old system upon reaching your magic "85", qualifying for retirement, you would be forced to work until January of the next year to receive your total earned days off. Most guys would wait and burn their vacation in December wanting to feel like they have retired, needing to just get to January to qualify to cash in their 5 weeks. This is an age-old mindset of the company being the bank... and I have to stick around to cash in. By changing the system of accrual all they hold over you now is the two week delay in your paycheck. Now, if your anniversary date is let's say April, the minute you satisfy your "85" (age + years of service) you can retire... no having to stay on-board until that next January waiting to get something they have held onto, held over you to stick around. They didn't steal your vacation, they took off the leash that forced you to wait for what you had already earned. Also, with an April anniversary date, the week of your anniversary, when you achieve the next level of earned time off (another week of vacation) you immediately start to earn at the new rate. So if this year, April 1st, you qualify for another week off, as of December 31st, you would have available another 3 3/4 days off... now, not next year. And... do the math. You receive 5 PTO days AND your earned vacation time annually. So after 22 years, I see 5 sick days and 5 weeks vacation. I do not schedule 30 days off, I hold a minimum 5 for "just in case". I never took sick days, I am lucky to continue with good health. The old system sucked. We all know those who abused the system and took everything they could. To take one day off under the old system you would lie to your employer and burn a sick day. Now you manage your own time taking a day wherever you want.

wipe your chin beerfd, you seem to have a little kool-aid right there... no, the other side... yea, right there