XPO | pto time for 2013

problem

its not that the people who cant carry over time into 2013 monkeywrench have a problem, its that we dont want to , i want the time i have put it thats due to me, i take whatever time i have off, we work enough hours, i look forward to all my vacation time not ever rolling any time over in 23 years.

If they didnt steel our vacation why am i negative time

OK. They made us go a year without earning any vacation time, while using up the time we had already earned. That sucks, but they're not taking any more by not letting us go negative after 2012. According to the Policy and Procedure Manual (on line at the employee portal), you can cash out any unused vacation time upon separation from the company.

I didn't like loosing 4 weeks vacation, but it was over 2 years ago. Get over it already!

MONKEYWRENCH,your one of the few on here that understand THEY STOLE OUR VACATION,try explaining it to BEERFD,goodluck

They admitted in a monday morning video when Labrie was in charge ... I remember that .. they did not call it stealing ... they put some other spin on it with they paid it all up front blah blah blah ... fedex estes and few others have the same procedure for the vacations ..

MONKEYWRENCH,your one of the few on here that understand THEY STOLE OUR VACATION,try explaining it to BEERFD,goodluck

Nobody has to explain anything to me. I understand how everything works. I also understand that, under the new policy, I have to save time(which I have) so that I don't go negative with the PTO days. Labrie said in a meeting that we wouldn't notice the vacation gone until we quit or retire. I understand that. I have a brain....

They admitted in a monday morning video when Labrie was in charge ... I remember that .. they did not call it stealing ... they put some other spin on it with they paid it all up front blah blah blah ... fedex estes and few others have the same procedure for the vacations ..

Nobody has to explain anything to me. I understand how everything works. I also understand that, under the new policy, I have to save time(which I have) so that I don't go negative with the PTO days. Labrie said in a meeting that we wouldn't notice the vacation gone until we quit or retire. I understand that. I have a brain....

There is one thing that I can say about this old, old subject. If they did not steal our vacation time, why didn't they cut each and everyone a check for that time? If it is just about implementing a new policy then they would have wrote us a check. That one statement by Labrie and quoted by beerfd, "we won't notice the vacation time gone until we quit or retire" is damning in itself. The word "GONE" should be enough to say to you, you just lost your hard earned pay for vacation. If something is not here anymore and you did not give it up voluntarily, that means it was taken, stolen, appropriated or what ever word you want to use. They didn't even ask us if we would be willing to "donate" this money towards the better of the company much like unions do when they ask their members for cuts to help the company out and keep them afloat. WE WERE NOT ASKED. To me, they took something away from me without my permission, IT WAS STOLEN!:cuss:

OK. They made us go a year without earning any vacation time, while using up the time we had already earned. That sucks, but they're not taking any more by not letting us go negative after 2012. According to the Policy and Procedure Manual (on line at the employee portal), you can cash out any unused vacation time upon separation from the company.

I didn't like loosing 4 weeks vacation, but it was over 2 years ago. Get over it already!

I am not going to get over it. I don't dwell on it until someone wants to put a spin on what they did.

I will never forget what they have done. I will not get over it. I have an open wound and we will call it conway. Each time something is taken, appropriated, stolen, change of policy or what ever, they are pouring salt into that open wound.

Don't get me wrong, because I have time here, it is a decent place to work. I have decent pay and I do have some benefits left. The thing about this is that this used to be a GREAT place to work, hands down. So, do I have a good job? Yes. Would I have come to work here 25 years ago if I knew what was going to happen to my benefits and so on? NO. Would I have been better off somewhere else? No one will ever know. Would I apply here today for a job? NO.

There is one thing that I can say about this old, old subject. If they did not steal our vacation time, why didn't they cut each and everyone a check for that time? If it is just about implementing a new policy then they would have wrote us a check. That one statement by Labrie and quoted by beerfd, "we won't notice the vacation time gone until we quit or retire" is damning in itself. The word "GONE" should be enough to say to you, you just lost your hard earned pay for vacation. If something is not here anymore and you did not give it up voluntarily, that means it was taken, stolen, appropriated or what ever word you want to use. They didn't even ask us if we would be willing to "donate" this money towards the better of the company much like unions do when they ask their members for cuts to help the company out and keep them afloat. WE WERE NOT ASKED. To me, they took something away from me without my permission, IT WAS STOLEN!:cuss:

Unfortunately, they did not just take what ever vacation you had earned for that year. If you were a 4 year employee and thought they stole 2 weeks, you're wrong. Since this is a theft that you will not notice until you retire, they took 5 (That's right, FIVE) weeks if you retire at , lets say 23 years of service.

A new ConWAY to look at futures in the self banking world.

Unfortunately, they did not just take what ever vacation you had earned for that year. If you were a 4 year employee and thought they stole 2 weeks, you're wrong. Since this is a theft that you will not notice until you retire, they took 5 (That's right, FIVE) weeks if you retire at , lets say 23 years of service.

A new ConWAY to look at futures in the self banking world.

Absolutely. Nice point plopplop. Since I did lose 4 weeks right off the bat I really never did look into the future. You can definitely look at it that way although, you really just lost the time that they wouldn't let you earn your vacation time. So during that year, if you were a new employee, you lost two weeks. Long time employee, well 4 to 5 weeks. Which brings up another point. They treat the long time employees so well. The longer you have been here, the more you lost. Thanks for all your hard work and time. How about those original employees? They showed them how much they appreciated all their hard work getting the company started.:9529:

Absolutely. Nice point plopplop. Since I did lose 4 weeks right off the bat I really never did look into the future. You can definitely look at it that way although, you really just lost the time that they wouldn't let you earn your vacation time. So during that year, if you were a new employee, you lost two weeks. Long time employee, well 4 to 5 weeks. Which brings up another point. They treat the long time employees so well. The longer you have been here, the more you lost. Thanks for all your hard work and time. How about those original employees? They showed them how much they appreciated all their hard work getting the company started.:9529:

You can just call me Plop.

It all started long ago when they handed out a survey and asked us questions about our uniforms. Six months later we were informed that we voted for the new policy. So instead of 11 uniforms that the company took care of, they gave us 5 to launder ourselves and told us it was our decision. I guess they know I just love doing laundry. Next, we went from 10 days sick pay and 2 personal holidays to 5 pto's. They said we all averaged only taking 3 days off a year so they gave us 3 sick days and 2 personal holidays an enhancement that left us with only five days. Oh and of course in the prior year they grilled and threatened you every time you called in sick and intimidated you to come to work to make sure that the lowest possible number of days were used, 3 or less. The other part of that enhancement was that when you called in from now on it would be no questions asked, you just call in and say pto and they would say thank you for calling, that went quickly by the wayside. Then they went to a system of, "We all pay the same percentage for healthcare because that would be fair". When they realized they were paying more because they make more, we were paying $20 and they were paying $500, they quickly revised that plan to, "We all pay the same flat cost because that was the only thing that would be fair". Now we come to the latest healthcare statistics, our weekly deduction into healthcare has gone from $20 about 3 years ago to $400 for a family of 4 today. Health insurance has gone up about 35% in the US in the last 2 years. I am just a truck driver, but I think that those numbers just don't add up. Next,we go from a pension (stock market ups and downs don't effect our retirement payout) to a 401K match (ups and downs now greatly affect our payout). Wow! So when the stock market crashes not only making our company match disappear, our company stock, 401k, and retirement plan all take a hit too. But that's not all, we lose our vacation which has already been earned, up to six weeks in some cases, at about a $1000 a week per employee, $5000 for me. I actually knew people who believed we didn't loose any vacation. It wasn't until I asked them where is the vacation we earned from April to April that they got it. Our pay is skimmed telling us that the right number profit will bring it back, never seeming to hit that mark. Wait, lets give them some money to the workers and take it back in the name of healthcare. Thats a lot of cuts and we should be pissed, and then we either leave or deal with it. My pension would have been roughly $3000 a month in 5 more years, now it will be approx. $1000, just enough to pay my health insurance. My youth has been stolen with empty promises and there is no time to build a new retirement pension. With all that has been taken from us, if they would have told us the truth we would be mad for a while and had gotten over it. To think because we drive a truck we are not smart enough to figure things out, you highly underestimate your workers and have called them idiots, and for that, we will never forget. By the way I got a prize from safety points 2 years ago, and now the price of that item has more than doubled on our awards site. Even that benefit is loosing value. Where is all our money?? New trucks? No. I hear our new trucks are all leased. Maybe they spent it on the new computers they track us with. Karma can be a ***** when it comes back to bite these dudes in the a**.

It all started long ago when they handed out a survey and asked us questions about our uniforms. Six months later we were informed that we voted for the new policy. So instead of 11 uniforms that the company took care of, they gave us 5 to launder ourselves and told us it was our decision. I guess they know I just love doing laundry. Next, we went from 10 days sick pay and 2 personal holidays to 5 pto's. They said we all averaged only taking 3 days off a year so they gave us 3 sick days and 2 personal holidays an enhancement that left us with only five days. Oh and of course in the prior year they grilled and threatened you every time you called in sick and intimidated you to come to work to make sure that the lowest possible number of days were used, 3 or less. The other part of that enhancement was that when you called in from now on it would be no questions asked, you just call in and say pto and they would say thank you for calling, that went quickly by the wayside. Then they went to a system of, "We all pay the same percentage for healthcare because that would be fair". When they realized they were paying more because they make more, we were paying $20 and they were paying $500, they quickly revised that plan to, "We all pay the same flat cost because that was the only thing that would be fair". Now we come to the latest healthcare statistics, our weekly deduction into healthcare has gone from $20 about 3 years ago to $400 for a family of 4 today. Health insurance has gone up about 35% in the US in the last 2 years. I am just a truck driver, but I think that those numbers just don't add up. Next,we go from a pension (stock market ups and downs don't effect our retirement payout) to a 401K match (ups and downs now greatly affect our payout). Wow! So when the stock market crashes not only making our company match disappear, our company stock, 401k, and retirement plan all take a hit too. But that's not all, we lose our vacation which has already been earned, up to six weeks in some cases, at about a $1000 a week per employee, $5000 for me. I actually knew people who believed we didn't loose any vacation. It wasn't until I asked them where is the vacation we earned from April to April that they got it. Our pay is skimmed telling us that the right number profit will bring it back, never seeming to hit that mark. Wait, lets give them some money to the workers and take it back in the name of healthcare. Thats a lot of cuts and we should be pissed, and then we either leave or deal with it. My pension would have been roughly $3000 a month in 5 more years, now it will be approx. $1000, just enough to pay my health insurance. My youth has been stolen with empty promises and there is no time to build a new retirement pension. With all that has been taken from us, if they would have told us the truth we would be mad for a while and had gotten over it. To think because we drive a truck we are not smart enough to figure things out, you highly underestimate your workers and have called them idiots, and for that, we will never forget. By the way I got a prize from safety points 2 years ago, and now the price of that item has more than doubled on our awards site. Even that benefit is loosing value. Where is all our money?? New trucks? No. I hear our new trucks are all leased. Maybe they spent it on the new computers they track us with. Karma can be a ***** when it comes back to bite these dudes in the a**.

This is what alot are doing to their employee's, especially the long term one's. I too stuck it out for 20 yrs. believing that when it came time to turn in the key's that all would be as they had indicated from the start, far from it. They have aquired the status of being a leader in the industry and part of that status is accomplished by pulling the rug out from under the people that actually made this co. It is and alway's will be GREED that make's the decision's. Somewhere along the line this will (as bonedaddy say's) come back and bite them. Very sad, it doe's not have to be this way. Good post

It's not as much as this happened 2 years ago, as to the fact that it appears to be a pattern emerging. How many more changes are coming in the future. Just think how much money was saved by the company by changing the accrual, and not having to pay the weeks that were already earned.

It's not as much as this happened 2 years ago, as to the fact that it appears to be a pattern emerging. How many more changes are coming in the future. Just think how much money was saved by the company by changing the accrual, and not having to pay the weeks that were already earned.

Yep, we saved the company enough money so one of the big cats can have "his" retirement bonus. Funny how that goes. He gets a bonus while they bone-us.